Sheriff Grice Defeats Hege, Price in Davidson County Sheriff Race

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

Sheriff David Grice defeated former sheriff Gerald Hege and former patrolman Terry Price, receiving 61 percent of the vote in Tuesday's Primary.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Linda of Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

I know that some people of Davidson County will be upset that Grice beat the pants off Hege but the majority voted and won. People in Davidson County did not want a convicted criminal for High Sheriff.
WAY TO GO DAVIDSON COUNTY!!!!!!
DCR

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

You need to speak for yourself instead of for the PEOPLE of DC. I guess that we will be stuck with a former "teacher" who sits behind a desk all day?!?!
TMJH

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Linda you are right..Grice did beat the pants off of him! Maybe that will show Hege something now..He is not wanted in Davidson County!
TMJH

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

DCR..I think Davidson County did speak tonight..9,000 and some votes for Grice..only around 2,000 for Hege..Yeah, they have spoken and we all hear it loud and clear!
Wake up call

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Praise the Lord, Goodness beat darkness and we can see the Light again.
Go home Hege. We don't want you. I hope you do get the message loud and clear.
Guess it messed up his tv deal with the former Court tv. Plus all those souvenirs shown on WXII last night will go into the junk heap.
Grice showed that he was the people's choice. We don't need smash 'em, crash 'em, felons in office.
Congratulations SHERIFF GRICE!!!!!!
wayne

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

i'll take hege in our county
Linda of Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

DCR wrote:
You need to speak for yourself instead of for the PEOPLE of DC. I guess that we will be stuck with a former "teacher" who sits behind a desk all day?!?!
I feel that I can speak for DC because the majority of the vote won, and the majority voted for Grice. Sorry you are so disappointed.
Tony R Lexington NC

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

The voters have spoken very loudly tonight. They have firmly stated that want an honorable and righteous man in office, David S. Grice
Agree with DCR

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

I am agree with DCR..Grice is a moron and like he said we will see him sitting behind a desk like he always has since he has been sheriff just a retired teacher..Hege didn't kiss A** , He kicked A**. That is what everyone is so afraid of. So what he couldn't carry a gun. A real doesn't need a gun .
crazy

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

well I guess were stuck with the same ol crap and the same people that are so happy tonight will be the same people whining in a month that the illegals are taking over. Grice wont care he gets his check anyway. His attitude will remain the same if we dont acknowledge a problem exist we wont have to take care of it so no problem. Poor excuse for law enforcement. So Eeyore heres to you and your pay check maybe you can afford a new cushion for your chair so your ass wont get sore while you hide behind your desk until the next election.
Relieved

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Happy to see that there are more people with good morals that want what's best in Davidson County than people with bad morals that just wanted Hege for the wrong reasons.Hege has some real issues.Was in his office one time doing some work and looked like he was living in the middle of a war zone,netting on the ceiling,sand bunkers everywhere.Really looked like a scene from a war movie in there.We didn't need that back in office.Thank you Davidson County and congratulations Sheriff Grice.
TMJH

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Your right Agree with DCR..a real "man" doesn't need a gun..but a real "man" doesn't need to lie, cheat or steal either!
Tony R Lexington NC

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Davidson County voters have firmly stated that they want to continue to have a Sheriff's Office led by a caring,professional law enforcement leader, Sheriff David S. Grice
Hege The Joke

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Gerald go Mow a Yard ! LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL
Relieved

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Agree with DCR wrote:
I am agree with DCR..Grice is a moron and like he said we will see him sitting behind a desk like he always has since he has been sheriff just a retired teacher..Hege didn't kiss ****, He kicked ****. That is what everyone is so afraid of. So what he couldn't carry a gun. A real doesn't need a gun .
Hege would also risk people's safety driving his Sider car 150mph for no reason.No respect for anyone wether you were good or bad was his style and we don't need or want that back.
Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Tony R, you make it sound like he is God, by calling him righteous! He is an overwight fat a**. The sheriffs dept has lost the face to face contact with the county. He needs to lay off the Jelly donughts. When is the last time he ever used his gun??
Linda of Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Agree with DCR wrote:
I am agree with DCR..Grice is a moron and like he said we will see him sitting behind a desk like he always has since he has been sheriff just a retired teacher..Hege didn't kiss ****, He kicked ****. That is what everyone is so afraid of. So what he couldn't carry a gun. A real doesn't need a gun .
I wish people like you knew what the heck you were talking about. When Grice was offered Hege's job he was not a retired teacher. How do I know this because I happened to be one of his students at the time. If you want to talk about someone make sure you have your facts straight or keep your trap shut.
Open your eyes

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

I agree with DCR and Thomasville!!
Grice sits behind his desk shoving in the donughts and doing nothing else. He has a gun and can use it, but won't. You don't normally see him in his uniform and normally he doesn't have his gun regardless.
I think people that don't live in Davidson, should BACK OFF! This isn't going to affect you. Oh wait, it would've affected you more if Hege had won because the criminals would've stayed elsewhere. I can see why your happy Grice won.
The problem I have is this. All I ever hear from everyone is about giving second chances. Everyone always says people deserve second chances. This means ex felons to my knowledge. Sure Hege did wrong,(even if it wasn't a very serious crime to begin with), but we all have done wrong. We are NOT perfect. We are all sinners, first and foremost, and no one is perfect. NO ONE! Hege deserved a second chance. Period.
I have one question for those who have voted for Grice. During the time he's been in office, have you had your property broken into? If so, I hope he and his deputies showed you the same "respect" we got when we were violated. There was one deputy out of the many we talked to who showed us kindess. I've heard nothing of Grice hardly since he's been in office. He sits in his office snoozin', or shoving in food evidently. When Hege was in office I atleast knew his deputies and HIMSELF were out patrolling and busting crimnals. And I also knew that a lot of people wouldn't committ a crime in Davidson because of the fear of Hege and his "Pink walls w/ blue teddy bears." I don't care how much Hege was on TV or out in the public, he was out there, and I KNEW he was there. It wasn't a secret that if your a crimnal your gonna be busted.
I'm very saddened Hege did not get in. More people should've stepped
Davidson Native

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

HEGE YOU LOST FOOL!!! Was THIS a Conspiracy too???? NO DEALS AND NOW NO FELONS!!!
Relieved

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Thomasville wrote:
Tony R, you make it sound like he is God, by calling him righteous! He is an overwight fat ****. The sheriffs dept has lost the face to face contact with the county. He needs to lay off the Jelly donughts. When is the last time he ever used his gun??
Well at least he can carry one,and I guess you're just like every other person that likes Hege is.Because he lost, you're going to sit there behind your computer and make derogatory comments and insults about Grice.Shows me at least the guality of support that Hege had.Maybe you all and him can go somewhere over seas and start your own police force,where it doesn't what you do or the laws you break.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Davidson County Discussions

Search the Davidson County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Jun '14 jay 17
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Jan '12) Feb '14 Ralph Chappell 3
City, county approve incentives for Project BART Jan '14 Al Gibson 1
Stolen vehicle in hit and run (Jan '14) Jan '14 Darryl Isaacs 1
Body Found Near Badin Lake Road Identified (Feb '10) Oct '13 Stephanie 39
Failures in state medical examiner system were ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Nancy 2
Judge temporarily allows sweepstakes software (Jan '13) Jan '13 luvnut 2
•••
•••