College Student's Wallet Stolen by Classmate

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 21
A Davidson County Community College student had her wallet stolen by a classmate during class on Tuesday, according to the sheriff's office. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Yaya

High Point, NC

#1 Aug 18, 2010
The perp is just getting prepped for a career in politics.
MEK

King, NC

#2 Aug 18, 2010
Really? This is news? People get their stuff stolen all the time. Come on now.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 18, 2010
MEK wrote:
Really? This is news? People get their stuff stolen all the time. Come on now.
My words exactly...This is not newsworthy
Ken N

High Point, NC

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Tomika sounds like a real winner. This should be on Americas stupid criminals. Her kind will take anything that isn't nailed down. If it is dark they will pull the nail out. They will lie, steal, and do anything else they might get away with. So stupid.
Hope they give her extra time for being so stupid..
Make her work the fields from sunup to sundown for at least 30 days.Maybe she will learn her lesson.
James Barfield

High Point, NC

#5 Aug 18, 2010
I am so glad they caught this person. Because we are at school to learn not steal from each other. It is sad to think that the person next to you in class is going to steal from you. I am a student a DCCC and I know you have to watch your stuff.
somewhere

Mocksville, NC

#6 Aug 18, 2010
Chop her friggin hands off stop her now before she gets worse
Humoring myself

High Point, NC

#7 Aug 18, 2010
True- who cares? This kind of stuff happens all the time. But it is unfortunate.
I am glad she got called out.

However, her court day is two days ago?
opec

Dobson, NC

#8 Aug 18, 2010
Nooo. Not a precious college student; a thief?
Its Me

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2010
30 days in the electric chair!!!
The Truth

Flushing, NY

#10 Aug 18, 2010
Don't make too big of a deal out of this thieving cow, or we'll have Sharpton and his cronies down here on behalf of Ms. Hall demanding the charges be dropped. We all know that the victim left her wallet out to intentionally entrap Ms. Hall. Had she taken her wallet with her while participating in the class exercise, Ms. Hall would have never stolen it, so therefore it MUST be a conspiracy...
Did anyone ever think that Ms. Hall might have picked up the wallet ACCIDENTALLY? Or perhaps as a good deed, to make sure that no one else stole it, and merely forgot to return it to it's rightful owner? Or maybe the wallet grew legs and walked right into Ms. Hall's bag...how can we ignore these possibilities while jumping to conclusions about the accused? For example, if a
man walks into a bar with a horse, are we to automatically assume that the man rode the horse to the bar? What if the horse has no saddle? Confused? Yes? That's how it works.
JRH

Greensboro, NC

#11 Aug 19, 2010
I think you are really looking for something to talk about.
trash

Richmond, VA

#12 Aug 19, 2010
Come on Fox 8... Look at the court date. Please proof
somewhere

Mocksville, NC

#13 Aug 19, 2010
The Truth wrote:
Don't make too big of a deal out of this thieving cow, or we'll have Sharpton and his cronies down here on behalf of Ms. Hall demanding the charges be dropped. We all know that the victim left her wallet out to intentionally entrap Ms. Hall. Had she taken her wallet with her while participating in the class exercise, Ms. Hall would have never stolen it, so therefore it MUST be a conspiracy...
Did anyone ever think that Ms. Hall might have picked up the wallet ACCIDENTALLY? Or perhaps as a good deed, to make sure that no one else stole it, and merely forgot to return it to it's rightful owner? Or maybe the wallet grew legs and walked right into Ms. Hall's bag...how can we ignore these possibilities while jumping to conclusions about the accused? For example, if a
man walks into a bar with a horse, are we to automatically assume that the man rode the horse to the bar? What if the horse has no saddle? Confused? Yes? That's how it works.
Love to hear how you explain her still setting at her desk when she returned from class exercise

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 19, 2010
I wont get into defense mode with the Sharpton comment but I will say that girl was stupid. If your gonna steal a wallet atleast vacate the area. She's got to be a complete idiot.
The Truth

Flushing, NY

#15 Aug 19, 2010
somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>Love to hear how you explain her still setting at her desk when she returned from class exercise
She was OBVIOUSLY trying to keep the seat warm for the "victim"...no mal-intent there. Or maybe the desks all look the same. Or maybe they DON'T look the same, and the "victim" was given a much nicer chair than Ms. Hall, and she just wanted to see what it felt like to sit in THAT chair at THAT desk. QUESTION: Was the desk and chair in question in the front of the class, or the back of it? All desks must be created equal. If the chair don't fit, we must acquit.
somewhere

Mocksville, NC

#16 Aug 19, 2010
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
She was OBVIOUSLY trying to keep the seat warm for the "victim"...no mal-intent there. Or maybe the desks all look the same. Or maybe they DON'T look the same, and the "victim" was given a much nicer chair than Ms. Hall, and she just wanted to see what it felt like to sit in THAT chair at THAT desk. QUESTION: Was the desk and chair in question in the front of the class, or the back of it? All desks must be created equal. If the chair don't fit, we must acquit.
Haaaaaaaa funny stuff
John Yaya

High Point, NC

#17 Aug 19, 2010
Grown _ss Man wrote:
I wont get into defense mode with the Sharpton comment but I will say that girl was stupid. If your gonna steal a wallet atleast vacate the area. She's got to be a complete idiot.
She won't be an idiot for long. They will rubber stamp her transcript, flush her out of the school with a diploma and she will be working for Fox8 before I will.
UmmmK

Greensboro, NC

#18 Aug 19, 2010
James Barfield wrote:
I am so glad they caught this person. Because we are at school to learn not steal from each other. It is sad to think that the person next to you in class is going to steal from you. I am a student a DCCC and I know you have to watch your stuff.
You go to DCCC to "learn not to steal from each other"? Didn't we all get that lesson in kindergarten?? I guess it makes sense that you have to watch your stuff in that class, at least until the end of the sememster when most of the students pass the final test on not stealing from each other.
student from class

Thomasville, NC

#19 Aug 19, 2010
In the victims defense, it was completely intentional. I am in that class and it was at a time everyone was up moving around.. Apparently the lady took it, left the room to hide it under the recycle bin, and retrieved it after class(they got it on tape). In class when it was realized that it was gone, she was the main one saying the victim probably misplaced it or missed her purse when putting it up. I do agree with everyone in saying this isn't really news worthy.. it happens all the time unfortunately, our whole class is just thankful that they caught her so it doesnt happen again.

“and justice for all”

Since: Dec 08

small town

#20 Aug 19, 2010
http://www.ihaveabuzz.com/new2/artists/i/3034...

THIS SONG SAYS IT ALL,PLEASE LISTEN THANK YOU!!!!

COME ON NOW LEXINGTON SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BAND!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Tina Marie 19
Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Jan '12) Feb '14 Ralph Chappell 3
City, county approve incentives for Project BART (Jan '14) Jan '14 Al Gibson 1
Stolen vehicle in hit and run (Jan '14) Jan '14 Darryl Isaacs 1
Body Found Near Badin Lake Road Identified (Feb '10) Oct '13 Stephanie 39

Davidson County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE