Social Services Helps Ease Financial ...

Social Services Helps Ease Financial Burden In Kill Devil Hills

There are 41 comments on the WTKR-TV Norfolk story from Oct 6, 2008, titled Social Services Helps Ease Financial Burden In Kill Devil Hills. In it, WTKR-TV Norfolk reports that:

In an effort to ease some of the financial burden to families in need, the Dare County Department of Social Services has established a voluntary outpost in Kill Devil Hills at the Thomas Baum Senior Center, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR-TV Norfolk.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#42 Nov 19, 2008
Get er done,

I don't think anyone is making a "killing" in anything related to Real Estate. The attorneys, appraisers, Realtors, builders, mortgage lenders and all of the support staff associated with the industry are all hurting. When you add up the numbers - this probably affects about 10% of the workforce in Dare County.

Your comments about being a "fair weather resident squeezing cash from the sand" is such a cliche. I actually left the mortgage business and was still living at the beach before our family decided to move for a number of reasons. Your assumptions as to why are just that. If you are trying to get a job in a depressed market - why don't you consider moving to a better location? Are you doing what is best for your family staying in an area that doesn't offer more opportunities? Go back to school, gain some new skills. Do something other that sit back and blame someone else for your troubles i.e. the illegal immigrants.

I think Albert Einstein said it best. Insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You can't sit back and expect better paying jobs are going to land in your lap. Go make an opportunity for yourself.

I guess I could apply the same quote to myself for responding to your posts but I digress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dare County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best family law attorney (Sep '16) Sep '16 Med1267 1
News Man charged with rape in Colington (May '15) May '15 Chastity 1
News Duck police chief resigns after 11 years (Jan '15) Jan '15 adamwest1960 6
News Lambs establish COA endowment (Nov '14) Nov '14 WHOOMP 2
News Michael Taylor, photo courtesy Dare County Sher... (May '14) Aug '14 Moonshiner 12
News Dare County deputies investigate possible cab d... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sand Trap 24
"Jaded" by North Carolina Author (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
More from around the web