Social Services Helps Ease Financial Burden In Kill Devil Hills

Oct 6, 2008 Full story: WTKR-TV Norfolk 41

In an effort to ease some of the financial burden to families in need, the Dare County Department of Social Services has established a voluntary outpost in Kill Devil Hills at the Thomas Baum Senior Center, ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
waste of time

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#1 Oct 7, 2008
unless you are hispanic they aren't really there to help.. they want you to prove that you havn't been employeed for months.. how the hell does one do that?
THEY WORK HARD

Manteo, NC

#2 Oct 7, 2008
The folks at DSS are some of the hardest working people I know. They have a hard job to do and we should be thankful for them.
Local in KDH

Farmville, NC

#3 Oct 7, 2008
they work hard to ruin family's is what there best at and the second thing they like to do is help the Hispanic and blacks in this area and they call there selves helpers and expect pats on the back, what they need is a good hard slap in the back side cause they are NOT Above the law or GOD for that matter.

If a child has a bruise Watch out there on you and never leave you alone. My question is when did it come about that children could not get a bruise from falling off a bike or playing rough, not every bruise comes from a beating and there are really good families that need help and the DSS has made it impossible if your not the right race..
and the fact that you have to toss your job to get any help is wrong, you would think that people having a job would be more worthy of getting help than people who do nothing and mooch off the system. Forget getting help unless you are the right color and quit your job. They are the hardest working people, the hardest working at breaking up family's and racism.. GOOD JOB DSS now go back to heck where you all came from cause your leader wants you all back NOW!!
surfbuster

Rocky Mount, NC

#4 Oct 7, 2008
Thankful? They work for money, just like others that perform similar jobs throughout the country.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 7, 2008
Local in KDH wrote:
they work hard to ruin family's is what there best at and the second thing they like to do is help the Hispanic and blacks in this area and they call there selves helpers and expect pats on the back, what they need is a good hard slap in the back side cause they are NOT Above the law or GOD for that matter.

...and the DSS has made it impossible if your not the right race..

Forget getting help unless you are the right color and quit your job.

They are the hardest working people, the hardest working at breaking up family's and racism..
Local in KDH - you are a pig.

“A mask to hear the truth !”

Since: Sep 08

Kitty Hawk, NC

#6 Oct 7, 2008
I guess these people are all racist I suppose.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 7, 2008
It is sad that you can't figure this out on your own. Read the comments and read between the lines.

Kitty Hawk, NC

#8 Oct 8, 2008
It's true you can not just need a little help.You have to take all or nothing with social services.You cant work and need a little help. You to quit your job or not make more than 326.00 a month & the more children you have the more you are rewarded.I do not believe that capable people that sit at home on there butt's should recieve benifiets. They should put a time limit on welfare. Send out social workers to check on the familys that recieve such help. In essence they create more jobs and save money. Because more often than not the people that get the help don't need it. There are jobs to be had, maybe not what you want to do. I don't know what happend to pride and doing the right thing.

Kitty Hawk, NC

#9 Oct 9, 2008
If Hispanic's cross our borders illegally for a better life then why do they find it necessary to use the goverment help once they get here paid for by our taxes and used by our poor itís almost like someone taught them how to take advantage of America. There are millions of American's that already live below the poverty line without the Illegal's being thrown in the mix. Why donít they try and apply for citizenship and work hard to learn English and try and support them selves. And it is becoming more and more common that our United States citizens are being turned down for such help. If our country continues on this path no one will get help any longer. It's almost as if Hispanic's think they are entitled to Medicaid when pregnant well have news their not you are supposed to practice safe sex and be responsioble for the children you have. I work hard I pay my taxes I also pay for Insurance (health, life, car & home). I had to save to pay my exorbitant deductible for Blue Cross & Blue Shield. As I sat in the doctors waiting room I watched as one after another non-English speaking Hispanic used Medicaid to pay for their doctor bills. You may ask how do I know ? well because the lady behind the desk complained that it wasn't right for Mexicanís to be eligible for Americaís assistance. I also believe if you are born to two Mexican citizens that your child should also be Mexican, we are the only country in the world that allows this, itís ludicrous. And why it that we allow millions of dollars to be sent to Mexico each year ? We should tax it heavily that way our money is being spent here in America.
the truth of it all

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#10 Oct 9, 2008
the bottom line is that if an average family is working hard to better themselves Social services should be there to help them move up.If i was willing to quit my job i would recieve assistance and my children could have insurance. But beacuse i work a full time job pay my own rent, car payments and bills, but cannot afford to provide insurance to my children ( i would have to write my job a check each week to cover the cost) and social services says i make to much money. And to clairfy for you native.. they do not give assistance to illegal aliens... only to thier children...(same bs if you ask me)
My great grandpa tells of a system where if you wanted government support you put in a hard days work. You know built buildings and dug lakes. Then at the end of the day you were rewarded with food and moneys to help pay bills. But those who were not willing to put in a hard days work got nothing. I wonder why our system is still not that way.. all those jobs that amercians "don't want" could be filled by the millions on our welfare rolls and if they didn't like the job they could find another or get an education.. but if they wanted those foodstamps and medical coverage they would be required to work a 40 hr week just like the rest of us... any thoughts on that?(heevie jeevies i feel the roach crawling)
Hola

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#11 Oct 9, 2008
Ronnie Roach wrote:
<quoted text>
Local in KDH - you are a pig.
While I may not agree with the post, you're name calling of that poster is juvenile at best. Offer an opinion, a rebuttal, or just shut the f-up.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 9, 2008
I stand by my comments regardless of how you feel Hola. I appreciate your advice and will take it into consideration.
Roach Ronnie

Rocky Mount, NC

#13 Oct 9, 2008
Stupid stands by Stupid most times.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 9, 2008
I seem to be surrounded by them on this board.
Roach Ronnie

Rocky Mount, NC

#15 Oct 9, 2008
Ha, nice of you to be humble about your stupidity. Atta-Boy!
Sir Lurk A Lot

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2008
I must admit, having become an avid reader as of late; that while a few posts by Mr. Roach make an effort at sensible dialogue, the vast majority from the kind Sir are very telling of a person with little ability to use the gifts of Cranium Jelly, and are borderline waste from the anus of a Chigger... or Red Bug if you prefer.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 9, 2008
You do have a way with words! Thank you for the feedback.
FED UP

AOL

#19 Oct 10, 2008
I think if someone can not speak english pregnant or not don't give them anything.
O I Cee

Clayton, NC

#20 Oct 10, 2008
Ronnie, I have seen Welfare Queens taking the system for years and years.
Getting disability and working for cash under the table,'crazy money' for their kids,food card, free lunch for kids at school, assistance for heat all winter, on and on.
It's a way of life for some.
You've probably got a good heart, some folks just believe the govt. owes them; and they will bleed it until we are bankrupt as a nation.
If the govt. is giving it away, they are in line, early.
Welcome to the Jungle

Linden, NC

#21 Oct 10, 2008
Aristotle once had the audacity to say, "Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying Society"

Welcome to the USA, now start saying your goodbyes to her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dare County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lambs establish COA endowment Nov 30 WHOOMP 2
Michael Taylor, photo courtesy Dare County Sher... (May '14) Aug '14 Moonshiner 12
Dare County deputies investigate possible cab d... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sand Trap 24
"Jaded" by North Carolina Author (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
What is wrong with Ray Midgett (Nov '13) Nov '13 observer 1
Dare Co. inmate found dead in cell identified (Jul '13) Jul '13 Someone who cares 1
ABC Customers Warned Of Security Breach (Jul '13) Jul '13 roanokeislander 1
More from around the web