Eek- A-Mouse Framed In North Carolina

Aug 25, 2008 Full story: NowPublic 43

Dancehall Reggae pioneer, Eek-a-mouse A.K.A Ripton Hylton has been released on a reduced bail of 17,000 dollars, after being accused of rape and drug possession in Dare County, North Carolina.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Native OBXer

Wake Forest, NC

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Let's see the story, where it came from, and who says he was framed.
gangster 4 life

Stevenage, UK

#2 Aug 30, 2008
bloodclawt rapist
Native OBXer

Wake Forest, NC

#3 Aug 30, 2008
gangster 4 life wrote:
bloodclawt rapist
Yeah, and a Canadian website that allows anyone to post anything.
BomaClawt

United States

#4 Aug 30, 2008
who cares anyways ,that guy is no reggae singer !! bout 3000 ginga ging
gings , and rarely a lyric , Guy is a Joke !!!He's done some bad things
who knows why he only got caught this time
Facts

Seal Beach, CA

#5 Sep 3, 2008
gangster 4 life wrote:
bloodclawt rapist
You should NOT judge until you get all of the FACTS. How would you like it if someone accused you of something that you did NOT do?
Facts

Seal Beach, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2008
And if you are a Gangsta for LIfe as you say, then you know the code and what the correct protocol is for a situation that is blown way out of portion. Not to mention that it is just a Big Setup by the police department and the informant working for the department.

You should wait for all of the facts to come out before passing judgement.
Facts

Seal Beach, CA

#7 Sep 3, 2008
Correction, proportion is the correct spelling not portion. I must correct myself.
Facts

Seal Beach, CA

#8 Sep 3, 2008
BomaClawt wrote:
who cares anyways ,that guy is no reggae singer !! bout 3000 ginga ging
gings , and rarely a lyric , Guy is a Joke !!!He's done some bad things
who knows why he only got caught this time
There numerous people, friends and fans that will beg to differ with you about Mouse not being a reggae star. For the record, Eek has several hundred songs that have been released over the years. And all of these songs have lyrics of life, hope, love, nature, war, peace,etc., etc. I don't know where you got your information but you stand to be CORRECTED.

Eek-A-Mouse is one of the most Talented performers out there to date. He is a living legend and one of the founding fathers of "Sing Jaying". Show some respect. And wait for all of the facts before casting judgement
Bwahahahahaaaaa

Linden, NC

#9 Sep 3, 2008
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>He is a living legend and one of the founding fathers of "Sing Jaying". Show some respect. And wait for all of the facts before casting judgement
This is true based on his appearing in numerous 200 max occupancy dives across the US.
Facts

Seal Beach, CA

#10 Sep 4, 2008
You really don't know much about where and when Mouse performs. He has a large following of fans all across Europe, Japan, Australia and Africa. When he plays at these venues the capacity is alot more than 200 max.

And by the way, what does seating capacity have to do with being a living legend, inventing "Sing Jaying" and his numberous songs that have real contents and substance?

Your information is INCORRECT.
Music Man

Linden, NC

#11 Sep 4, 2008
I've heard of him.... was fairly known in the 80s.

Now washed up, his following consists of nothing but drug users. Doesn't even play in his home island, as he is a relative unknown there. He is insignificant as an artist today.

He is funny though.... "I'm a Bad Boy" is what he says most when he is upset.

Regardless of what you or anyone else believes to be fact, you're still pretty desperate to argue about it on the Internet.
Bad Boy

Candler, NC

#12 Sep 4, 2008
I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy!
ReggaMon

Manteo, NC

#13 Sep 5, 2008
people like him shame Bob Marely and true Rastas!!! bo bo bo
Living Legend

Seal Beach, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2008
Bad Boy wrote:
I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy!
\
Not at all unknown in Jamaica. Headlines in Jamaica read and continue to read, Reggae Star Eek-A-Mouse, Or Legend Star Eek-A-Mouse, Or Creator of Sing Jay, Eek-A-Mouse, or Dynamo Eek-A-Mouse, or Dancehall Reggae Pioneer Eek-A-Mouse. Doesn't sound like an unkown to me.

He has not lived nor has he performed in Jamaica since leaving for Europe and the United States in the 1980's. Mouse has lived abroad of his own choice. Mainly, because of his unique style and rock and roll appeal. His fan base now consists mainly of younger people from all races that considers him one of the greatest live performers out there to date. He also has a dedicated fan base both young and old that believes that Eek is one of the greatest reggae stars living. No defense, just the TRUTH.
Boombastic

Rolesville, NC

#15 Sep 5, 2008
Oh yea... he's an Icon. We snuffed a line or two with him in his van between sessions.
Living Legend

Seal Beach, CA

#16 Sep 8, 2008
So what! So does/did Mic Jagger, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Jimmy Hendrixs, Willie Nelson, and Ray Charles, etc., etc., COUNTLESS OTHERS. TOO MANY TO NAME.
ohh

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#17 Sep 8, 2008
Living Legend wrote:
So what! So does/did Mic Jagger, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Jimmy Hendrixs, Willie Nelson, and Ray Charles, etc., etc., COUNTLESS OTHERS. TOO MANY TO NAME.
My bad... that makes it all better. I am sorry.
ohh

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#18 Sep 8, 2008
Anyone... ANYONE who uses substances to regularly alter their reality is simply one of weak and pathetic morals and faith.. One who is scared to live life as intended and has to "get away" for fear of their fears.

Oh yeah.. it includes alcohol.

Artists who do this, rarely last without quitting them all together first, and then succeeding as a sober artist.

Those who do continue, embarrass themselves through life, fall to the wayside with an addiction, or die because of it.
Living Legend

Seal Beach, CA

#19 Sep 8, 2008
Well, I guess we should just throw away the baby with the bath water too, right?. Hell, all of America is on something or the other, ie Gambling, Racetrack, Vanity, Starbucks, Corporate Greed, Religious self righteous members that follow priests, minister that rape our young children behind our backs. CEO's that steal shareholders pension money and then retire with a buyout clause anywhere from $20-200 million dollars. There is enough blame to go around from the top to the bottom, from the left to the right and from the good to the bad. Hell, after thinking about all of THIS, I need a Drink Myself!!!!!!!!!
Living Legend

Seal Beach, CA

#20 Sep 8, 2008
Bad Boy wrote:
I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy! I'm a Bad Boy!
Now I must address your slogan, or should I say Mouse's slogan of the "bad boy". For your information, and all others that do not understand what the term "bad boy" signifies, it actually means, Warrior, Rebel and Good Boy. So that we are now perfectly clear on this subject, the term does not imply the act of being bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dare County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Taylor, photo courtesy Dare County Sher... Aug '14 Moonshiner 12
Dare County deputies investigate possible cab d... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sand Trap 24
"Jaded" by North Carolina Author (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
What is wrong with Ray Midgett (Nov '13) Nov '13 observer 1
Dare Co. inmate found dead in cell identified (Jul '13) Jul '13 Someone who cares 1
ABC Customers Warned Of Security Breach (Jul '13) Jul '13 roanokeislander 1
credit / debit card fraud warning (Jun '13) Jun '13 roanokeislander 1

Dare County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE