Central NC residents report smelling ...

Central NC residents report smelling smoke from east coast wildfire

There are 4 comments on the NBC 17 story from May 10, 2011, titled Central NC residents report smelling smoke from east coast wildfire. In it, NBC 17 reports that:

Environmental officials say residents in central North Carolina are beginning to report the smell of smoke in the air.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 17.

S Kinser

Streator, IL

#1 May 14, 2011
We are smelling smoke in Currituck Co. Is this supposed to last long? Hope not. Being outdoors is no fun is you can't breathe.
Don

Youngsville, NC

#2 Jun 9, 2011
Come on Dare county. You can try to fix the impossible condition (Beach nourishmrnt), but you can't stop a deadly smoke producer. This smoke, here in Stumpy Point is killing us. Put the fire out!!!!
Goldsboro Under smoke

Raleigh, NC

#3 Jun 21, 2011
Sitting on my patio and a warm breeze pushing through the trees. Sirens going off left and right Then the thick smell of burning wood. All of Goldsboro under a thick blanket of clouded smoke.
LifeLongFireFigh ter

Savannah, GA

#4 Jun 22, 2011
There has been a company who has donated their time and equipment to help in the cutting of fire breaks in the affected areas. They have a machine that can cut the underbrush and leave it laying flat so that the fire cannot burn. The company is located in Brunswick, Georgia and is called Kut Kwick, Inc. I cannot believe that not a single paper has mentioned their charitable involvement.

For more information you can see their website:

http://www.kutkwick.com/brushmaster.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dare County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with rape in Colington (May '15) May '15 Chastity 1
News Duck police chief resigns after 11 years (Jan '15) Jan '15 adamwest1960 6
News Lambs establish COA endowment (Nov '14) Nov '14 WHOOMP 2
News Michael Taylor, photo courtesy Dare County Sher... (May '14) Aug '14 Moonshiner 12
News Dare County deputies investigate possible cab d... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sand Trap 24
"Jaded" by North Carolina Author (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
News Dare Co. inmate found dead in cell identified (Jul '13) Jul '13 Someone who cares 1
More from around the web