Pit bulls are always 'babies' until t...

Pit bulls are always 'babies' until they maul our loved ones

There are 55 comments on the PilotOnline.com story from Jan 30, 2009, titled Pit bulls are always 'babies' until they maul our loved ones. In it, PilotOnline.com reports that:

Stop me if you've heard this one before. Pit bulls go on a rampage. They shred a : toddler, elderly lady, old man, kid down the street, mutt next door.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PilotOnline.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pay up

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Why must people own these dogs? Protect their meth kitchens? Come on.
These are killers. Strong, relentless killers.

It is a roll of the dice who the next victim will be. They all have the potential. Even those that were not trained to fight.

Assess such hefty fines that to own of those stupid animals the owners will go broke. Jail time to owners. Make it hurt as much as the pain their dogs deliver when they go insane.

Who u callin Stupid

Manteo, NC

#2 Feb 2, 2009
Pay up wrote:
Why must people own these dogs? Protect their meth kitchens? Come on.
These are killers. Strong, relentless killers.
It is a roll of the dice who the next victim will be. They all have the potential. Even those that were not trained to fight.
Assess such hefty fines that to own of those stupid animals the owners will go broke. Jail time to owners. Make it hurt as much as the pain their dogs deliver when they go insane.
So what do you propose we do with all the other killers in the world? Think before you speak dumbass!
Once bitten

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Pit bulls are worthless.
Who u callin Stupid

Manteo, NC

#4 Feb 2, 2009
"Once Bitten" I can't wait for you to get a bite from your loving poodle! You are a worthless waste of time and space! You just a bitter person looking to make everyone around you unhappy! Probably have enough of your own problems with the cops. What's wrong your mommy didn't love you enough didn't kiss you enough!
Once bitten

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#5 Feb 2, 2009
I don't have a dog. I don't have police trouble and have a very good relationship with my mother. I'm a productive member of society. I'm happy, have a lot of friends and am fun to be around. I don't rely on animals to substitute for human interaction. Normal people don't. You should try it.
Who u callin Stupid

Manteo, NC

#6 Feb 2, 2009
Research states that animals help people live longer, healthier lives, Why don't you try it sometime! You have no dog hmmm, so of course you hate them you probably hate them all! Get a life and stop commenting on something you know nothing about! If you dont' have a dog you dont know what it's like to love them! I bet your the type of person that would get a dog and chain it up outside for the rest of it's life! I have no more use for you dog hater!
Once bitten

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#7 Feb 2, 2009
Actually I do like dogs. I just travel too much right now to give one the attention it needs. Maybe you should research how many people are killed by pit bulls. Maybe you should just get a grip on reality.
who u callin Stupid

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#8 Feb 3, 2009
Maybe you should research it. 60 in like 20 years pit, 43 in 20 years bull, 37 in like 20 years German. OK so how many deaths are there by other means? We are talking about a very small scale here compared to other animals! Hell the Mosquito kills more people every year than dogs all together in the last 20 years!
who u callin Stupid

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#9 Feb 3, 2009
Maybe you should research it. 60 in like 20 years pit, 43 in 20 years bull, 37 in like 20 years German. OK so how many deaths are there by other means? We are talking about a very small scale here compared to other animals! Hell the Mosquito kills more people every year than dogs all together in the last 20 years!
Actually

Tarboro, NC

#10 Feb 3, 2009
Did you hear about the 8 month old baby in Virginia that was mauled? I guess in your eyes the baby deserved it since a pit bull is superior to a human.

Comparing a mosquito to a pit bull is hardly appropriate. If you really want to follow that analogy, we spend plenty of money to kill mosquitos. Maybe we should spend plenty of money to kill pit bulls and their stupid owners. Yes, I'm calling YOU stupid. How do you like that?
who u callin Stupid

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#11 Feb 3, 2009
Stupid is what Stupid says and does and yes YOU actually are stupid. To come on here and have a fight about a dogs, wow you don't even own a dog Hypocrite! I love dogs but, lets kill them and I don't own one!
Actually

Tarboro, NC

#12 Feb 3, 2009
You are also on here fighting about dogs. Pot, meet kettle.

By the way, you just proved your stupidity. See ya later, stupid.
who u callin Stupid

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#13 Feb 3, 2009
Meet ya at the next Town meeting Stupid, See ya later at the coffee spot, stupid.
Once bitten

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#14 Feb 3, 2009
who u callin Stupid wrote:
Meet ya at the next Town meeting Stupid, See ya later at the coffee spot, stupid.
Are you off your meds?
stats

Streator, IL

#15 Feb 3, 2009
In July 2008, the journal of Applied Animal Behaviour Science published a study done by researches at the University of Pennsylvania. They surveyed and discussed with over 6,000 dog owners their experiences with aggression in their dogs. The researchers compiled a report containing 33 dog breeds most likely to bite. Here are the dog breeds with the greatest percentage of bites and bite attempts on humans.

Dachshund. Yes, the sausage dog is most likely to bite strangers and its owners.
Chihuahua. These are big dogs in a little package, and none are afraid to tell you so. Chihuahuas are very likely to bite strangers and owners.
Jack Russell Terrier. These feisty little dogs are also quick to nip. They have a tendency to try to nip at strangers and family members.
Australian Cattle Dog. This breed is great to have around the home, but you must be careful; they are herding dogs, which means they are very likely to nip family and strangers.
American Cocker Spaniel. A common breed in many homes in the United States, this dog does have tendencies to nip and bite at owners.
Beagle. Another family favorite, beagles seem to nip and bite at their families.
There are other breeds, like the Akita and Pit Bull Terrier, which are more prone to trying to nip or bite other dogs or animals.

It must always be kept in mind that small dogs often go un-reprimanded for biting. Many owners find it cute. It is also the only way a small dog has to get people to back up. Remember, you are a giant to him!

There are many breeds of dogs, like Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, and Mastiffs, who often get a bad reputation for biting. These dogs have been bred to be protective dogs, plus their size makes them do serious damage when they do bite. Because of this, more stigma is put on the breed.

Want to learn more? You can check out SitStayFetch, they are an excellent resource on dog aggression and biting or discuss training methods and techniques at the forum.
Actually

Tarboro, NC

#16 Feb 4, 2009
Wiener dogs nip. Pit bulls kill.
Dog Lover

Battleboro, NC

#17 Feb 4, 2009
There are more stats to prove that genetically pit bulls are more apt to become predators than other dogs.

I am so happy that these dogs did not get into a private home and kill a child. Was there not a recent release regarding a pit bull in virginia beach mauling an 8 month old and now the child is in critical condiditon.

I am a dog lover; however, no good seems to have come from owning a pit bull.
ok ok

AOL

#18 Feb 20, 2009
kill the pit bull before he kills...ok lets kill the drunk driver you just pulled over because he kills inocent people on the road....enough said
animal lover

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#21 Feb 26, 2009
I have a pit bull as a pet and she is nothing but a pleasure, being loyal, affectionate and a joy to have in our lives. She was treated with both firmness and love since she was a puppy, and it is most important to remember that no dog is ever born aggressive,, they are created. The blame for any aggressive dog lies in the hands of the irresponsible owner.
Rabid

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#22 Feb 26, 2009
You are stupid. Pits are bad dogs and should be kicked in the teeth until dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dare County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best family law attorney (Sep '16) Sep '16 Med1267 1
News Man charged with rape in Colington (May '15) May '15 Chastity 1
News Duck police chief resigns after 11 years (Jan '15) Jan '15 adamwest1960 6
News Lambs establish COA endowment (Nov '14) Nov '14 WHOOMP 2
News Michael Taylor, photo courtesy Dare County Sher... (May '14) Aug '14 Moonshiner 12
News Dare County deputies investigate possible cab d... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sand Trap 24
"Jaded" by North Carolina Author (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
More from around the web