Gov. Walker fires attorney in same-sex lawsuit

Mar 23, 2011 Full story: WIBA-AM Madison 39

Republican Gov. Scott Walker has fired the attorney who was representing the state in a lawsuit challenging Wisconsin's domestic partner registry.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Washington DC

#1 Mar 24, 2011
"You can have the same rights, just don't call it marriage..."

Yeah, these fundies preach truth from one side of their mouths and hypocrisy from the other. I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw that cow Maggie Gallagher!

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Mar 24, 2011
So first these morons don't want gays to call it "marriage" now they want to take away all legal rights. What a bunch of crap.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#3 Mar 24, 2011
Len in NY wrote:
So first these morons don't want gays to call it "marriage" now they want to take away all legal rights. What a bunch of crap.
You have it backwards, they didn't want us to have any rights to begin with.

And the new attorney walker appoints as the defender of this law will be .....Mo of the firm Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

Glad he is so focused on the economy.

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Mar 24, 2011
Ron431 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards, they didn't want us to have any rights to begin with.
And the new attorney walker appoints as the defender of this law will be .....Mo of the firm Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.
Glad he is so focused on the economy.
It seems that Walker is looking out for his conservative/big business base and screwing the rest of the people. I hope his tenure is short lived.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 24, 2011
In other words he is serving the majority of his constituents? Like a government of the people for the people? That bastard
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that Walker is looking out for his conservative/big business base and screwing the rest of the people. I hope his tenure is short lived.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 24, 2011
When will Wisconsin get rid of this guy.

Like all Republicans he campaigned on jobs, forgot to mention he meant loosing them.

Never trust any politicization, especially if they talk about God and conservatives.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#7 Mar 24, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
In other words he is serving the majority of his constituents? Like a government of the people for the people? That bastard
<quoted text>
In other words, what he is doing is unconstitutional.

Civil rights are not suppose to be put to a vote by the majority.

But you know, we all know you guys don't like discussing the US Constitution AT ALL when it comes to gay marriage.
Becky

Chandler, AZ

#8 Mar 25, 2011
I hate to be the one to tell you what he is doing is not unconstitutional. Per the Constitution, marriage is defined between one man and one woman. If you really want to talk about who is not following the Constitution, that would be President Obama and DOJ Eric Holder. They are the ones that have decided they were not going to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)which was already signed into law. They failed to go to Congress to get a vote on this issue. The Obama Administration has failed to follow the Constitution on so many issues it isn't even funny. I am assuming since the Administration isn't following the Constitution you are just as or equally upset with them? I sincerely hope you are not one of those that feel it is alright for one group to follow the Constitution and not others? Maybe you should email your President with the concerns of how one day to him marriage is between a man and a woman then all of a sudden when it is the BIG UNION BOSS'S that supported gay marriage and guess what, Obama then decided not to defend the law anymore. Of course we all know who is paying his butt off, don't we?
Becky

Chandler, AZ

#9 Mar 25, 2011
pauline 2 wrote:
When will Wisconsin get rid of this guy.
Like all Republicans he campaigned on jobs, forgot to mention he meant loosing them.
Never trust any politicization, especially if they talk about God and conservatives.
Yes he did campaign on jobs and I believe he was trying to get more companies into Wisconsin and with the Unions there are a lot of companies who are going to right to work states. The reason for this is the product is made cheaper than having a union company do the work. Sorry to say but you unions have priced yourselves right out of business and the taxpayers are tired of supporting your ridiculous demands.

Do you not see he is trying to save jobs by reducing the "GOODIES" the Unions are receiving that are breaking the states. When they got their bill passed that saved at least 1500 jobs for the Public Sector. I know it must be pretty tough for the unions to figure this out because they can't get passed the fact the taxpayers are sick of paying for your "SWEETHEART DEALS"! They don't want their taxes raised for your benefit. Oh, I guess that's where the unions believe the taxpayers don't have a right to complain if they aren't in agreement with unions? That is where I praise Governor Walker for standing up to the Unions and actually listening to the real "Middle Class" workers as the unions are far from "Middle Class"!

Of course we need to be aware of the Democrat Politicians as they are cowards and run from standing up for their constituents. Then they turn around a collect their pay while they were out shopping at Gurnee Mills. When the Democrats are mentioned I think of increased taxes, make their own rules as they go whether constitutional and lies, lies, lies and more lies!!!!
Becky

Chandler, AZ

#10 Mar 25, 2011
aRodeojock wrote:
"You can have the same rights, just don't call it marriage..."
Yeah, these fundies preach truth from one side of their mouths and hypocrisy from the other. I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw
that cow Maggie Gallagher!
Sure sounds like you are talking about the Obama Administration. You talk about lies, wishy washy, flip flopping, and so many things he had the American people believing that were totally not true. I guess being from Illinois, I know exactly what they mean when they refer to Chicago Politics. How many of the Governors have been sent to prison for being crooked? I wonder if the new Mayor will escape the trip to the mighty joint. I know I would keep my eye on him as it has been proven so many times they can not be trusted. I thought Chicago would smarten up and do something good for themselves but I guess they just have not been cheated or suffered enough!!!

I just hope the American people wake up and realize there is no way we can "HANDLE FOUR MORE"!!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#11 Mar 25, 2011
Becky wrote:
I hate to be the one to tell you what he is doing is not unconstitutional. Per the Constitution, marriage is defined between one man and one woman. If you really want to talk about who is not following the Constitution, that would be President Obama and DOJ Eric Holder. They are the ones that have decided they were not going to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)which was already signed into law. They failed to go to Congress to get a vote on this issue. The Obama Administration has failed to follow the Constitution on so many issues it isn't even funny. I am assuming since the Administration isn't following the Constitution you are just as or equally upset with them? I sincerely hope you are not one of those that feel it is alright for one group to follow the Constitution and not others? Maybe you should email your President with the concerns of how one day to him marriage is between a man and a woman then all of a sudden when it is the BIG UNION BOSS'S that supported gay marriage and guess what, Obama then decided not to defend the law anymore. Of course we all know who is paying his butt off, don't we?
Where in the Constitution is the definition of marriage???

Location hidden

#12 Mar 25, 2011
Oh sure hiring a lawyer is unconstitutional. What a liar
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, what he is doing is unconstitutional.
Civil rights are not suppose to be put to a vote by the majority.
But you know, we all know you guys don't like discussing the US Constitution AT ALL when it comes to gay marriage.
Becky

Chandler, AZ

#13 Mar 25, 2011
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is the definition of marriage???
Where in the constitution does it say marriage is between two men or two women? Where does it say you can have special rights? There is a Federal Law called Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)? Of course now that Odrama has flipped flopped his mind regarding marriage is between a man and a woman, he has chosen to ignore the DOMA Law and the way he did so was unconstitutional. So why don't you write Odrama and ask him what he really stands for and quit talking out of both sides of his mouth!!!!! Of course, what can we expect when the man is a Democrat and they are usually too busy running away from being held accountable for their decisions and wrong doing of the American people. Go figure!!!

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Mar 25, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of his constituents? We'll see about that in the next election. He's already taken away the bargaining power from public workers as a favor to his buddies who backed him in the election. He also passed legislation giving him the ability to give all energy contracts for the state gov't to, basically, anyone he wants. A mere coincidence that the Koches, his biggest supporters are in the energy business. The only people hwe is "serving" are the ones who paid for his campaign.
Of the people, for the people my butt. his administration is becoming of the GOP for the GOP screw everyone else.
His actions on this issue just reinforce that notion.
Becky

Chandler, AZ

#15 Mar 25, 2011
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of his constituents? We'll see about that in the next election. He's already taken away the bargaining power from public workers as a favor to his buddies who backed him in the election. He also passed legislation giving him the ability to give all energy contracts for the state gov't to, basically, anyone he wants. A mere coincidence that the Koches, his biggest supporters are in the energy business. The only people hwe is "serving" are the ones who paid for his campaign.
Of the people, for the people my butt. his administration is becoming of the GOP for the GOP screw everyone else.
Let's see, what about the dems taking the money from the unions and doing for them and union workers? What about when the dems in WI pushed billions of dollars in taxes to the residents of WI while they unions were getting their "SWEETHEART DEALS"? I don't believe the Republicans ran away from the vote. No, that's right because they have a backbone compared to your crooked dems. Where was the time for public say? They didn't get it now did they? They got stuck with higher taxes and didn't get to voice their opinions? I believe they unions all got their say whether they were from WI or not. Odrama and Trumpka orchestrated the playing field to be uneven by bussing people in. Then you wonder why non-union workers get upset as they are paying for all of them to come to WI!!!

It's really bad you had a Governor that is worried about the private sector that has lost jobs over and over again. Of course a GREEDY union person would not see it that way, now would they?

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Mar 25, 2011
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, what about the dems taking the money from the unions and doing for them and union workers? What about when the dems in WI pushed billions of dollars in taxes to the residents of WI while they unions were getting their "SWEETHEART DEALS"? I don't believe the Republicans ran away from the vote. No, that's right because they have a backbone compared to your crooked dems. Where was the time for public say? They didn't get it now did they? They got stuck with higher taxes and didn't get to voice their opinions? I believe they unions all got their say whether they were from WI or not. Odrama and Trumpka orchestrated the playing field to be uneven by bussing people in. Then you wonder why non-union workers get upset as they are paying for all of them to come to WI!!!
It's really bad you had a Governor that is worried about the private sector that has lost jobs over and over again. Of course a GREEDY union person would not see it that way, now would they?
Never said the Dems were perfect as they have proven to be looking out for their own agendas as well.
However, my point was a rebuttal to the notion that Walker's actions were Gov't "for the people, by the people".
His additions to the budget bill reek of cronyism and the appeasement of moral conservatives while screwing the working person.
He had no reason to eliminate bargaining power of the workers to balance the budget when union members were willing to make the concessions needed.
You can't deny that his actions on this issue send a clear signal as to where he stands on this lawsuit.
I wonder what other favors he plans on repaying at the expense of the WI taxpayer????

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#17 Mar 25, 2011
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the constitution does it say marriage is between two men or two women? Where does it say you can have special rights? There is a Federal Law called Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)? Of course now that Odrama has flipped flopped his mind regarding marriage is between a man and a woman, he has chosen to ignore the DOMA Law and the way he did so was unconstitutional. So why don't you write Odrama and ask him what he really stands for and quit talking out of both sides of his mouth!!!!! Of course, what can we expect when the man is a Democrat and they are usually too busy running away from being held accountable for their decisions and wrong doing of the American people. Go figure!!!
Get back to me when the final word on the Constitutionality of DOMA is determined. Then you will have a basis for discussion.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#18 Mar 25, 2011
Becky wrote:
I hate to be the one to tell you what he is doing is not unconstitutional. Per the Constitution, marriage is defined between one man and one woman. If you really want to talk about who is not following the Constitution, that would be President Obama and DOJ Eric Holder. They are the ones that have decided they were not going to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)which was already signed into law. They failed to go to Congress to get a vote on this issue. The Obama Administration has failed to follow the Constitution on so many issues it isn't even funny.
Becky wrote:
Where in the constitution does it say marriage is between two men or two women? Where does it say you can have special rights?
I love your response to Mom's question. Just where is one man one woman marriage named in the Constitution?

As to your assertion that the President is failing to follow the Constitution by not continuing to defend DOMA, that law has already been deemed unconstitutional by a federal judge. Obama and Holder are simply agreeing and not pursuing an appeal, totally constitutional. It has also happened in the past, most recently under Clinton and HW Bush.

Now, please elaborate on the President failing to follow the Constitution on so many issues it isn't even funny. What are these issues, being so numerous, I am sure there must be some links, please enlighten us.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 25, 2011
I doubt the next election will reflect just this one issue. He has made many mistakes as you have pointed out. I see other states are considering following him. I am betting none have the balls
Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 25, 2011
The only way to make marriage equal is to ban the word from the language, just like the N word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama picks federal prosecutor as attorney general Nov '14 Matt Mikkelsen 1
Madison attorney receives jail sentence for sex... Sep '14 CJBrant 1
Bail raised to $2 million for former deputy cha... Sep '14 Anonymous 1
Poet Maya Angelou remembered at memorial service (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 1
Neighborhood Questions about New Day Center (May '14) May '14 twostroketerror 1
Wisconsin DNR struggling to curb sex, drugs at ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 marika 1
A Madison dad faces deportation for smoking wee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Bama Yankee 1
More from around the web