Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to enter Capitol

Full story: TwinCities.com

A state lawmaker is tackled by police as he tried to enter the state Capitol that was closed to the public.
Comments
101 - 114 of 114 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
ilk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Hey cut the guy some slack... he thought it was a Lilithfair venue. He was just trying to crash the gate!
ilk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Dennislo wrote:
Since this is about money what does it cost to have to have that many police sitting around to guard the capital??
Cost is directly proportional to number of whack Democrats.
jrichards

Amery, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

So this is the future of politics, huh? Instead of facing up to the issues and at least having discussions and conversations about them, our beloved officials take their ball and run and hide out. In another state where they know they can't be arrested, because, why was that again? This is what you might expect from a bunch of spoiled kids throwing a tantrum to get their way, not adults in an elected position.

If it's too tough for you to deal with, pack it up, move on, and let somebody more capable and willing do the job.
Just Wondering

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Why are Republicans better then Democrats?
woodtick

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

More importantly Heidi....We're a buffer between you and THE DAKOTAS!!!!!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Just Wondering wrote:
Republicans are just as slimy as the Dems are. But the Republicans are nicer people and have way more fun while torturing the other side.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Packers linebacker AJ Hawk flew back to Wisconsin yesterday to sign his new contract with the team.

Lawmaker gets tackled trying to enter the capitol building.

Coincidence? I think not.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Just Wondering wrote:
I'd love to answer that for you here, but Topix has a 20,000 word limit on posts, and that just wouldn't be enough space to cover all the reasons why Republicans are better than DemonRats.

Barney

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Cops aren't hired based on their intelligence. Ever meet a smart cop? They're hired because they follow orders. That's why military get 10% bonus on their civilservice exams even though they suffer from post traumatic stress.

A judge may have said it is unconstitutional to bar people from entering the capitol, cops don't don't know what that means and probably don't know what the constitution is. They just follow order.

What we need is a cop who is a lemming.
Nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Love how the cop took down that li-b-tar-d
b-e-o-t-c-h... hahhahahahaahaha!!!
Nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Barney wrote:
Cops aren't hired based on their intelligence. Ever meet a smart cop? They're hired because they follow orders. That's why military get 10% bonus on their civilservice exams even though they suffer from post traumatic stress.
A judge may have said it is unconstitutional to bar people from entering the capitol, cops don't don't know what that means and probably don't know what the constitution is. They just follow order.
What we need is a cop who is a lemming.
Typical clueless moron from CA....
You Said It

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Javier wrote:
They went easy. He should have gotten the tar spanked out of him.
That is my thought exactly with most all leftists especially the protesters, they need a good spanking.
Ben10

Grand Rapids, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

Judged:

Mike wrote:
So how exactly does Governor Walker direct Police not to let an elected legislator into the capitol? On what authority could he even issue that order. Governor Poodle is part of the executive branch. The last time I checked, the House and Senate are part of the legislative branch. You might try the dodge that it was on a judges order, but the order (on line) does not apply to legislators, aids or others on official business.
Here is your main problem. Firstly, this arrogant ja***ss, who is some little punk nobody from WI thinks he can refuse a police order. Only an arrogant, liberal ja**ss punk would be such an arrogant jac**ss punk to do so. Only a liberal jac**ss punk such as yourself would be unable to use adult reasoning to see the reality of this.
joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we're acting as a buffer between you and Michigan. You're on your own with Iowa.
Heidi, seriously, can someone help me understand why we are this way in Wisc, MN and Iowa? Is it our scandinavian heritage or is it something in the water? What's wrong with us up here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••