Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to ...

Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to enter Capitol

There are 114 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to enter Capitol. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A state lawmaker is tackled by police as he tried to enter the state Capitol that was closed to the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
ilk

Saint Paul, MN

#114 Mar 4, 2011
Hey cut the guy some slack... he thought it was a Lilithfair venue. He was just trying to crash the gate!
ilk

Saint Paul, MN

#115 Mar 4, 2011
Dennislo wrote:
Since this is about money what does it cost to have to have that many police sitting around to guard the capital??
Cost is directly proportional to number of whack Democrats.
jrichards

Amery, WI

#116 Mar 4, 2011
So this is the future of politics, huh? Instead of facing up to the issues and at least having discussions and conversations about them, our beloved officials take their ball and run and hide out. In another state where they know they can't be arrested, because, why was that again? This is what you might expect from a bunch of spoiled kids throwing a tantrum to get their way, not adults in an elected position.

If it's too tough for you to deal with, pack it up, move on, and let somebody more capable and willing do the job.
Just Wondering

Minneapolis, MN

#118 Mar 4, 2011
Why are Republicans better then Democrats?
woodtick

United States

#119 Mar 4, 2011
More importantly Heidi....We're a buffer between you and THE DAKOTAS!!!!!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#120 Mar 4, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
Republicans are just as slimy as the Dems are. But the Republicans are nicer people and have way more fun while torturing the other side.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#121 Mar 4, 2011
Packers linebacker AJ Hawk flew back to Wisconsin yesterday to sign his new contract with the team.

Lawmaker gets tackled trying to enter the capitol building.

Coincidence? I think not.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#122 Mar 4, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
I'd love to answer that for you here, but Topix has a 20,000 word limit on posts, and that just wouldn't be enough space to cover all the reasons why Republicans are better than DemonRats.

Barney

West Covina, CA

#123 Mar 4, 2011
Cops aren't hired based on their intelligence. Ever meet a smart cop? They're hired because they follow orders. That's why military get 10% bonus on their civilservice exams even though they suffer from post traumatic stress.

A judge may have said it is unconstitutional to bar people from entering the capitol, cops don't don't know what that means and probably don't know what the constitution is. They just follow order.

What we need is a cop who is a lemming.
Nick

Muldoon, TX

#124 Mar 4, 2011
Love how the cop took down that li-b-tar-d
b-e-o-t-c-h... hahhahahahaahaha!!!
Nick

Muldoon, TX

#125 Mar 4, 2011
Barney wrote:
Cops aren't hired based on their intelligence. Ever meet a smart cop? They're hired because they follow orders. That's why military get 10% bonus on their civilservice exams even though they suffer from post traumatic stress.
A judge may have said it is unconstitutional to bar people from entering the capitol, cops don't don't know what that means and probably don't know what the constitution is. They just follow order.
What we need is a cop who is a lemming.
Typical clueless moron from CA....
You Said It

Saint Paul, MN

#126 Mar 4, 2011
Javier wrote:
They went easy. He should have gotten the tar spanked out of him.
That is my thought exactly with most all leftists especially the protesters, they need a good spanking.
Ben10

Grand Rapids, MN

#127 Mar 5, 2011
Mike wrote:
So how exactly does Governor Walker direct Police not to let an elected legislator into the capitol? On what authority could he even issue that order. Governor Poodle is part of the executive branch. The last time I checked, the House and Senate are part of the legislative branch. You might try the dodge that it was on a judges order, but the order (on line) does not apply to legislators, aids or others on official business.
Here is your main problem. Firstly, this arrogant ja***ss, who is some little punk nobody from WI thinks he can refuse a police order. Only an arrogant, liberal ja**ss punk would be such an arrogant jac**ss punk to do so. Only a liberal jac**ss punk such as yourself would be unable to use adult reasoning to see the reality of this.
joke

Le Sueur, MN

#128 Mar 5, 2011
Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we're acting as a buffer between you and Michigan. You're on your own with Iowa.
Heidi, seriously, can someone help me understand why we are this way in Wisc, MN and Iowa? Is it our scandinavian heritage or is it something in the water? What's wrong with us up here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man pleads guilty to Madison homicide Nov '16 WelbyMD 1
Dane County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep '16 Jaxon 2
News Sex offenders to be released in Stoughton area (Sep '16) Sep '16 badger 0319 1
News St. Croix County continues to lead state growth (Mar '07) Jul '16 Vandeta 2
News Artists transform Madison with murals (Jan '16) Jan '16 BRENT 2
News Former Eau Claire County DA sentenced in forger... (Aug '09) May '15 Hawk 2
News U.S. Supreme Court case could change law enforc... (Apr '15) Apr '15 uss liberty 1
More from around the web