Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to ...

Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to enter Capitol

There are 114 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 4, 2011, titled Wisconsin lawmaker tackled trying to enter Capitol. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A state lawmaker is tackled by police as he tried to enter the state Capitol that was closed to the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Zingbopper

Sparta, WI

#2 Mar 4, 2011
Too bad.
If he and his comrades would have done their job to begin with,this wouldn't have happened.
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 4, 2011
Hilarious! He gets tackled by the same police that were out there beating drums in support on the weekends!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#10 Mar 4, 2011
Wow, really? Can one person be that goofy?
Trebuchet

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 4, 2011
Big deal.

Mopping the WI capitol floors with liberals is hardy newsworthy.

Or difficult.
Freedom Lover

United States

#12 Mar 4, 2011
Pete Wendell wrote:
Hilarious! He gets tackled by the same police that were out there beating drums in support on the weekends!
Maybe that's why Johnny can't read?
Rainman

Springfield, IL

#15 Mar 4, 2011
The poor old guy probably just had to take a leak and didn't think that some lowly police officer should stand in the way of him and his nature call. However, I don't agree that he AND the officer both acted aggressively. I think this politician acted like a prick, and needs to show a little more respect to the people who serve and protect. Too many politicians think that because they were elected and serve, that everybody knows them. In reality, this dill weed could walk down the street of any Wisconsin city and not a person would know who he is. Time to grow up and act like a Sconie.
really

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 4, 2011
Read the article, he did identify himself & presented his credentials. But he thought he was above the law.
Freedom Lover wrote:
Perhaps if the dumb bas turd would have identified himself and presented his credentials this ordeal could have been avoided?
yeah sure

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Mar 4, 2011
when a cop tells you to do something, do it. Acting aggressive with a cop is like holding your hand over a fire and expecting not to get burned.
Rainman

Springfield, IL

#18 Mar 4, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupidity displayed by people like Simon is mind boggling. And he really thinks anyone will take him seriously? You must be a plant from the Republicans to strengthen their argument, right?
Simon, you are hurting your cause with opening your mouth when you obviously are a complete whack job.
YES!!!!! Wait for it...the Nazi's are for the Republicans. And here I thought only the Democrats were screaming about eliminating Zionism from the Israeli life. We should have known it was a double-cross....or was it?

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

#19 Mar 4, 2011
Stupid is as stupid does. They finally get the place emptied of protesters, then secure the entrances. So he decides to just push past the security without showing indentification? Plus, how did somebody just happen to be there with a camera to film the raw video. Stinks of setup to me.

"I'll push past security and then when they do their jobs it will look like I was a victim."
Del

Bemidji, MN

#20 Mar 4, 2011
The Cheeseheads are going nuts....what an odd place. The whole world is going crazy.
Live life people, don't think too much. It's not that hard.
Joe

Omaha, NE

#21 Mar 4, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
Perhaps if the dumb bas turd would have identified himself and presented his credentials this ordeal could have been avoided?
Can you read? He did that! The lawmaker showed a lot of class, He ould have made a big issue out of this. but he gave the police officer the benefit of the doubt and even took a share of the blame. So much for Democratic thugs!
Seriously Wrong

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Mar 4, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
"Milroy said he identified himself as a state representative and showed identification but the officers refused to let him in. He was tackled as he tried to enter despite their refusal."

You read the article so well!
Seriously Wrong

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Mar 4, 2011
The Real Whatever wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does. They finally get the place emptied of protesters, then secure the entrances. So he decides to just push past the security without showing indentification? Plus, how did somebody just happen to be there with a camera to film the raw video. Stinks of setup to me.
"I'll push past security and then when they do their jobs it will look like I was a victim."
Again, read the article before you comment. I'm also pretty sure that (1) when the protesters were leaving people were filming to ensure the protection of all, and (2) I'm also pretty sure that the capitol has camera's inside for security, so one way or another a video would have been leaked.
Javier

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Mar 4, 2011
Del wrote:
The Cheeseheads are going nuts....what an odd place. The whole world is going crazy.
Live life people, don't think too much. It's not that hard.
The leftist union lovers have cornered the market on not thinking too much.
Linear Thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Mar 4, 2011
Those wisconsin dems have much to be proud of.
Linear Thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Mar 4, 2011
Simon wrote:
Walker gets one of his nazi buddies (the judge ) to close the capital for him and the sics his **** on anyone trying to get in - even elected officials. I guess he's trying to set up his own little fascist kingdom. I bet if the Koch brothers showed up, they would get in.

So which district do you represent?
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Mar 4, 2011
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read? He did that! The lawmaker showed a lot of class, He ould have made a big issue out of this. but he gave the police officer the benefit of the doubt and even took a share of the blame. So much for Democratic thugs!
So, one lawmaker not being a thug negates all Democratic thugs hanging around the capitol?

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

#29 Mar 4, 2011
Seriously Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, read the article before you comment. I'm also pretty sure that (1) when the protesters were leaving people were filming to ensure the protection of all, and (2) I'm also pretty sure that the capitol has camera's inside for security, so one way or another a video would have been leaked.
Check the video before you comment. You can see him removing his ID AFTER being tackled. Just because he says he did doesn't mean he did. The video looks an awful lot like he just pushed his way in. Also, you can see the one of the officers speaking with the person filming.
Nostradumass

Maple Plain, MN

#30 Mar 4, 2011
They should have shot him instead. At least a taser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Eau Claire County DA sentenced in forger... (Aug '09) May '15 Hawk 2
News U.S. Supreme Court case could change law enforc... Apr '15 uss liberty 1
News Scott Walker Loses Education Control Fight in C... Feb '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Obama picks federal prosecutor as attorney general (Nov '14) Nov '14 Matt Mikkelsen 1
News Madison attorney receives jail sentence for sex... (Sep '14) Sep '14 CJBrant 1
News Bail raised to $2 million for former deputy cha... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Anonymous 1
News Poet Maya Angelou remembered at memorial service (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 1
More from around the web