'Dream Lake' Developers Hear More Opposition

Mar 16, 2008 Full story: WHO-TV Des Moines

“We're looking at our options and are real interested in working with the people who are interested in talking to us to see how we could make this an opportunity that might look a lot different than you see on the plan”

A developer's proposal to flood land in Dallas County is not well received. Saturday's meeting was cut short after landowners expressed their concerns. via WHO-TV Des Moines

Full Story
cappie tom

AOL

#1 Mar 20, 2008
I was very disturbed to hear that there are plans to flood areas that contain Native American burial sites. I say absolutely not. Would we want our ancestor's resting places flooded to make way for a lake and homes? Where has respect gone to?I feel we have incurred enough injustices on these kind, forgiving people.Maybe AIM should pay the people of Dallas county a wake up call.
JUST AS MUCH YOUR FAULT

Des Moines, IA

#2 Mar 26, 2008
I agree that it would be nice to keep dallas county small and from growing and expanding the way it has in the past. But also I think people need to look at it as progress. Being this close to Des moines its going to happen eventually whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can do about it. I mean what do you think the people of a once rural polk county thought as Des moines kept expanding? The fact of the matter is the majority of people in Dallas county dont live in the affected area and probably dont care if it happens or not. As far as government is concerned it would create more tax revenue so there probably wont be any argument from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Updated: Clive Police Officer Charged In Sexual... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Debbie1112 1
unpaid rent (Mar '10) Mar '10 staci dee 1
Care facility a go in upscale Des Moines area (Jan '10) Jan '10 Marie 1
Cornejo sentenced to 1 year in jail for accesso... (Nov '08) Nov '09 JFJ 3
Audit shows cash, phone cards gone in Dallas Co... (May '07) May '09 sexy 3
Iowa Population Rises, Rural Counties Lose People (May '08) May '08 hannah 3
Dallas County Human Resources director arrested (Nov '07) Apr '08 Team player 4
More from around the web