Alabama hostage standoff continues: Sheriff says negotiations go on, child unharmed

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: Alabama Live

Dale County Sheriff Wally Olson makes a statement Jan. 31, 2013, from the scene in Midland City, Ala., as local, state and federal officers wait out a man accused of shooting and killing a school bus driver, then snatching a 5-year-old child.

Full Story
Tina

Knoxville, TN

#1 Feb 1, 2013
I wanted to ask what may be an obvious question that I'm sure someone has already thought about, but since there is an open airway to the suspect (the PVC talking pipe) has anyone thought about using an odorless sleeping gas to knock them both out, then go in and get the boy?
Elsa

Bastrop, LA

#2 Feb 1, 2013
that seems to be the only option, thank God that paranoid b@satrd installed it.
fonda

Crestview, FL

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Everyone has said he didn't like people on his property...They need to use that to draw him out! Everyone knows how the older people are they are curious and cant stand the thought of someone snooping thru there things,he sets and thinks about them going thru his house he will want to come out and check out what thy have been doing with his stuff.
Katie

London, KY

#4 Feb 1, 2013
From Kentucky, I will take the boys place in the bunker if he will let him go, I will take his place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Care Ambulance of Dothan is Closing its Door Ef... Aug '14 Dell Gamble 1
Armed Robbery In Ozark (May '14) May '14 BARBARA ANN EZELL 1
UPDATED: Dothan Fire Assisting Daleville In CPR... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jessica 1
Accident in Dale County near Ozark (Nov '13) Nov '13 highlyblessed 2
Supporters to send birthday cards to six-year-o... (Feb '13) Sep '13 Maverick 3
Shooter Released By Police After Questioning (Mar '13) Jun '13 Colby close friend 14
Daniels' Men File Lawsuit Against Dale County a... (Aug '08) May '13 cocerned 4
More from around the web