Deadly Crash on I-480 Sparks Criminal...

Deadly Crash on I-480 Sparks Criminal Investigation

There are 33 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Deadly Crash on I-480 Sparks Criminal Investigation. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The Cuyahoga County Coroner's Office has identified the man who died when the truck he was driving crashed Tuesday on I-480. Jonathan D. Williams, 51, of Lorain, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Emilie Jane

Atwater, OH

#21 Sep 15, 2010
mediasucks wrote:
The sad fact, again, is that someone lost their life and this young person will have to live the rest of his life dealing with the fact that he killed someone. I am wondering if anyone else heard the latest on this case....since it is now being overshadowed by the Dimora story? Seems that a mistake was made by the arresting officer and that this young man has a driver's license and insurance. Now, does this really change things for some of you. One man is still dead and another has been made out to be some low life living off of the government all because some news reporters HAD to break the big story. It sounds like it was all a trajic accident to me but I am sure there will be more to come. Funny how there isn't any BREAKING NEWS about how the reports were false on this kid.
The teenager behind the wheel of the car was texting. That doesnt change the fact that it was an accident, but it just changes the scenario because that accident could have easily been prevented.
Emilie Jane

Atwater, OH

#22 Sep 15, 2010
Mr. Williams is the biological father of my best friend... She didn't come to school today. Nor do I blame her. My best friend is only 16 and she was also so close to him. She called my crying yesterday around 4:00 PM and explained that she wasn't allowed to know anything about the teenager that caused it. Though she said that they were texting behind the wheel. She will probably not come to school for a while and the last thing that she told me yesterday before we hung up was "Apparently that text was worth more than my dads life. I hate anyone who texts and drives. I hope they live the rest of their life knowing that they killed my dad." All of our friends know. Today was a sad day. My friends and I are the loud ones in the halls always laughing. today, we were much quieter than usual. My other best friend thought of Mr. Williams as her second dad. She had known Mr. Williams and his daughter since she was six. She came to school today and through almost every class, she sat in the bathroom crying. My best friend will grow up without her father. Thats probably one of the worst things that can happen to a 16 year old girl. He will not be there to take pictures of her on prom night. He won't be there to see her graduate. He will not be there to dance at her wedding. To be a grandfather to her children. I hope charges are pressed and that kids charma and conscious come back to bite him in the ass some day.
gossipkills

Olmsted Falls, OH

#23 Sep 15, 2010
Nothing has ever been said about this kid texting! That's exactly what some are referring to.....because people are speculating that because he is a teen that he was automatically texting??!! Stop adding things into a story. Show me in any of the media stories that this kid was texting or even on his cell phone for that matter.
OFBulldogs

Olmsted Falls, OH

#24 Sep 15, 2010
Emilie Jane wrote:
Mr. Williams is the biological father of my best friend... She didn't come to school today. Nor do I blame her. My best friend is only 16 and she was also so close to him. She called my crying yesterday around 4:00 PM and explained that she wasn't allowed to know anything about the teenager that caused it. Though she said that they were texting behind the wheel. She will probably not come to school for a while and the last thing that she told me yesterday before we hung up was "Apparently that text was worth more than my dads life. I hate anyone who texts and drives. I hope they live the rest of their life knowing that they killed my dad." All of our friends know. Today was a sad day. My friends and I are the loud ones in the halls always laughing. today, we were much quieter than usual. My other best friend thought of Mr. Williams as her second dad. She had known Mr. Williams and his daughter since she was six. She came to school today and through almost every class, she sat in the bathroom crying. My best friend will grow up without her father. Thats probably one of the worst things that can happen to a 16 year old girl. He will not be there to take pictures of her on prom night. He won't be there to see her graduate. He will not be there to dance at her wedding. To be a grandfather to her children. I hope charges are pressed and that kids charma and conscious come back to bite him in the **** some day.
speaking of "Karma" maybe you should check out this article on Mr. Williams. He killed a young girl with his car in 2002. It was a hit and run......he didn't turn himself in until 2 hours after he killed this poor little girl! Maybe you shouldn't be saying things about other people until you know ALL of the facts!
http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/0 ...
OFBulldogs

Olmsted Falls, OH

#25 Sep 15, 2010
.News.Fatal crash victim also driver in 2002 crash that killed girl on bike
Published: Wednesday, September 15, 2010

10 comment(s)| Email to a friend | Print version | ShareThis| RSS Feeds

CLEVELAND — A Lorain man who died after being rear ended on Interstate 480 yesterday was also responsible for an accident that resulted in the death of a 12-year-old girl in 2002.

Jonathan Williams, 51, was driving west in a truck Tuesday afternoon when he was hit from behind by Jason Sloan, 18, in a Chevrolet Cobalt, according to Cleveland police.

Williams lost control, flipped his vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

On Aug. 26, 2002, Williams turned himself in to South Amherst police about an hour after veering off the road and hitting 12-year-old Miranda Ward, of South Amherst, according to police. Ward was riding her bike on Pyle South Amherst Road.

Williams told police he had fallen asleep and veered to the right, hitting Ward and her cousin, Jolynn Hardie, then 11. Hardie was knocked off her bike but not seriously injured. Ward was dragged for some distance and was pronounced dead, as reported in The Morning Journal.

Williams was sentenced to five years of community control, six months of which were to be served in the Lorain County Correctional Facility under work release, according to court records.

Sloan has been charged with aggravated vehicular homicide.

Pick up a copy of Thursday’s edition of The Morning Journal for more on this story.

Honestly, this shouldn't matter. However, people need to stop talking about how this young kid needs to watch out because "karma is going to get him". Stop making statements about this kid until the investigation is over! Then say whatever you want.
quacker

Mentor, OH

#26 Sep 15, 2010
OFBulldogs wrote:
.News.Fatal crash victim also driver in 2002 crash that killed girl on bike
Published: Wednesday, September 15, 2010
10 comment(s)| Email to a friend | Print version | ShareThis| RSS Feeds
CLEVELAND — A Lorain man who died after being rear ended on Interstate 480 yesterday was also responsible for an accident that resulted in the death of a 12-year-old girl in 2002.
Jonathan Williams, 51, was driving west in a truck Tuesday afternoon when he was hit from behind by Jason Sloan, 18, in a Chevrolet Cobalt, according to Cleveland police.
Williams lost control, flipped his vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
On Aug. 26, 2002, Williams turned himself in to South Amherst police about an hour after veering off the road and hitting 12-year-old Miranda Ward, of South Amherst, according to police. Ward was riding her bike on Pyle South Amherst Road.
Williams told police he had fallen asleep and veered to the right, hitting Ward and her cousin, Jolynn Hardie, then 11. Hardie was knocked off her bike but not seriously injured. Ward was dragged for some distance and was pronounced dead, as reported in The Morning Journal.
Williams was sentenced to five years of community control, six months of which were to be served in the Lorain County Correctional Facility under work release, according to court records.
Sloan has been charged with aggravated vehicular homicide.
Pick up a copy of Thursday’s edition of The Morning Journal for more on this story.
Honestly, this shouldn't matter. However, people need to stop talking about how this young kid needs to watch out because "karma is going to get him". Stop making statements about this kid until the investigation is over! Then say whatever you want.
Looks like karma got him first.
STFU

Westlake, OH

#27 Sep 15, 2010
He is a hard working kid... he would never do this on purpose...yea he has a kid but he has been working his *** off ever since he found out about that child...he never once thought about himself he always thought about his child..idc how many times someone messes up..when you know that he is working hard to fix his life and try to make his childs life better then you know he is a good person. we all **** up and his may be worse then many of ours. BUT none of you know him...so dont sit here and make judgement about him bcuz i could easily make judgement on every single one of you if something goes wrong... be the bigger person and stay out of peoples business...yes driving unliscensed was a bad choice but he would never kill some1 on purpose..please just let the family be and stop judging
Johnny D

Beachwood, OH

#28 Sep 15, 2010
Emilie Jane wrote:
Mr. Williams is the biological father of my best friend... She didn't come to school today. Nor do I blame her. My best friend is only 16 and she was also so close to him. She called my crying yesterday around 4:00 PM and explained that she wasn't allowed to know anything about the teenager that caused it. Though she said that they were texting behind the wheel. She will probably not come to school for a while and the last thing that she told me yesterday before we hung up was "Apparently that text was worth more than my dads life. I hate anyone who texts and drives. I hope they live the rest of their life knowing that they killed my dad." All of our friends know. Today was a sad day. My friends and I are the loud ones in the halls always laughing. today, we were much quieter than usual. My other best friend thought of Mr. Williams as her second dad. She had known Mr. Williams and his daughter since she was six. She came to school today and through almost every class, she sat in the bathroom crying. My best friend will grow up without her father. Thats probably one of the worst things that can happen to a 16 year old girl. He will not be there to take pictures of her on prom night. He won't be there to see her graduate. He will not be there to dance at her wedding. To be a grandfather to her children. I hope charges are pressed and that kids charma and conscious come back to bite him in the **** some day.
.......... what you say about karma and conscious might be true. but i also know her of and about her dad it is a shame he was accidently killed just like her dad accidently killed that little girl in amherst on her bike driving DRUNK... what a conscious her dad had while he drug her under his car...what a conscious he had as he fled the scene and washed his car off and what a conscious he had as i seen him lauging it up at applebees last month drinking up his life still doing the same S*** that ended a life...dont talk about YOU hate txting while driving and his daughter hates txting while driving because you both probabally do the same s*** its sad that she lost a dad but it was all an accident
judgmental people

Cleveland, OH

#29 Sep 16, 2010
chuckie your an ignorant pos. i highly doubt u know what hard work is. being a laborer is hard work. everyone on here is so quick to judge someone but thats ok i cant wait til something bad happens to you and people are judging you. infact i pray something bad happens to you so you know how it feels. keep ur ignorant comments to yourself because you dont know the boy, you didnt see the accident, you dont know sh**. so until you know facts keep your mouth shut. i think its amazing how all of you can run your mouths about things you dont even have a single clue about. you all are coming up with false accusations because you think you know it all when really you dont know anything. you pin point people because you have nothing better to do with your day. keep running your mouth because thats all your good for, i highly doubt you can back it up. you all are sickening and i cant wait for the day something horrible happens to you so i can be the first person to judge
jeffbwl

North Olmsted, OH

#30 Sep 20, 2010
get this straight people ... HE WAS NOT TEXTING ...
where did that even come from ??????????
Anonymous

Strongsville, OH

#31 Oct 8, 2010
STFU wrote:
He is a hard working kid... he would never do this on purpose...yea he has a kid but he has been working his *** off ever since he found out about that child...he never once thought about himself he always thought about his child..idc how many times someone messes up..when you know that he is working hard to fix his life and try to make his childs life better then you know he is a good person. we all **** up and his may be worse then many of ours. BUT none of you know him...so dont sit here and make judgement about him bcuz i could easily make judgement on every single one of you if something goes wrong... be the bigger person and stay out of peoples business...yes driving unliscensed was a bad choice but he would never kill some1 on purpose..please just let the family be and stop judging
I have known jason since we were kids and was very very good friends with him when we were growing up. people make mistakes, and it breaks my heart that the other driver was killed. i know how hard jay was working to put his life back together and it breaks my heart that this happened. but thank you to who posted this. people tend to forget how everyone suffers from mistakes, including the person who made the mistake. my heart aches for jason, for his kid, and for his family and i pray for them everyday, as well as for the family who lost a member.
wtfffff

Vermilion, OH

#32 Oct 30, 2010
chuckie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, hard working father! Where is he employed? What is his wifes' name? More likely an unemployed sperm-doner living off the system. Where did he get the car? Was he texting on his "government-supported safelink cellphone" or did he drop his crack pipe? Fill us in with the details, wow. You seem to know him.
first of alllll, jason was a contractor/construction worker. he doesnt have a wife, they are engaged. he is not a sperm donor, hes still with her. he bought the car himself considering his whole life is donated to working and being with his kid. he doesnt fucking do any crack. and you people are f@#$ing insane for making all this shi+ up !
Emilie Jane

Lorain, OH

#33 Feb 21, 2011
OFBulldogs wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of "Karma" maybe you should check out this article on Mr. Williams. He killed a young girl with his car in 2002. It was a hit and run......he didn't turn himself in until 2 hours after he killed this poor little girl! Maybe you shouldn't be saying things about other people until you know ALL of the facts!
http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/0 ...
Trust me. I know all of the facts. I have known about that for a while. But I should be saying that to you as well. You don't know all of the fact as well as I do. The Mr. Williams, his wife, and my best friend have a few medical issues. Mrs. Williams ends up in the hospital a few times a year. Same with my friend. She gets sick very easily. So Mr. Williams worked extremely hard. I almost never saw him. He was always at work. So the day of that accident was actually because he fell asleep at the wheel. He didn't know what had happened actually. It was an accident because he was over working himself. And being the honest man that he was, was strong enough to come forward and admit to it. Don't say shit like that until YOU know all of the facts. Because I highly doubt that you knew him. You read a news article. I heard it from the source. And along with that, I actually knew Mr. Williams. I was at the funeral sitting with his family. Hearing all of the stories. His daughter is my best friend. His wife is like another mother to me. And I have to see my best friend dealing with this still. Even so much later, she isn't the same. She still has trouble dealing with it. The day that she came back to school she broke down. She couldn't handle it. So they had an aide follow her around to keep an eye on her. She has been incredibly strong. So I know about the accident years ago. I know everything. Keep in mind. You aren't having a conversation with someone who read the news article. You're talking to someone who knew him and who is very close to the family. I'm more than close. My friends are closer to me than my own family. They are my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuyahoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutor, defense attorney spar over delays i... May 4 Gina 1
News Bill Clinton, Springsteen rally for Obama (Oct '12) Apr 28 Black Apalacha 6
News Cuyahoga County probation officer jailed for ac... Mar '16 Toddkranz88gmail 1
News Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of ... (Jul '08) Jan '16 MATTHEW2424 371
News Cleveland rapper loses attempt to toss 2009 gui... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
News Cleveland NAACP votes to request release of Tam... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
News Ohio grand jury clears police in fatal shooting... Jan '16 spud 78
More from around the web