Deadly Crash on I-480 Sparks Criminal Investigation

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

The Cuyahoga County Coroner's Office has identified the man who died when the truck he was driving crashed Tuesday on I-480. Jonathan D. Williams, 51, of Lorain, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pat

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 14, 2010
 

Judged:

4

I drive my truck at 55 and I am cut-off and tailgated by speeding drivers many times every day.

This driver was criminal and needs to be prosecuted fully.
Ohiojoe

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I disagree with you Pat. We need the police to have judgement capability. First find out who caused the accident, then drag them to the shoulder of the road and shoot them in the head for all to see.

This would not only ensure that the person at fault would not be back to cause another accident tomorrow but it would send a message to other drivers.

I'm so tired of driving 480 every day and looking at the number of people passing me on their cell phones. This morning I was almost sideswiped by a young woman texting someone while driving.

My method of dealing with this would stop the madness.
Doug F Cleve Hghts OH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don't recall many (any) mentions of another vehicle and driver in earlier reports, yesterday, of this incident.
Some workaday sluggo lost his life, and his family lost him...'cause some speed-demon, lane-weaver just hadda zoomzoomzoom as fast as his chrome chariot could go.
Youthful high spirits... gotta love it.
NOT.
sosad

Northfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The 18 yr old driver of the car was unlicensed and caused the accident. He was arrested for aggrivated vehicular homicide - he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! The kid was texting while driving and clipped the back end of the truck. My brother-in-law works for Tank Integrity and it was horrible waiting to hear that he was ok, now he has to deal with the loss of a co-worker and friend! The anguish my sister had to go through before she found out her husband was ok, but another family has lost a husband/father/son/brother. When are people going to learn to put the phones away - it's all fun and games until you kill someone. So sad that now an 18 yr olds life is forever changed because he couldn't wait to text someone.
zero

Redford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

Prosecuting the kid is not enough. Police should go after the registered owner (if it is not the kid or a stolen car) for allowing an unlicensed, uninsured person to drive it.
SpongeBob

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Why are they not saying the 18 yo kids name?? Why does he get his name kept private?? Shout his name for the roof tops.
hmmm

North Royalton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 15, 2010
 
sosad, where does it say in the article that he was texting? i can't seem to find that..
holdon

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Come on everyone, there are people on this board adding things in to this horrible story. No one has ever said he was texting or talking on his cell phone. I also feel sadness for the family of the deceased, however, this young person needs a fair trial. We weren't in the car with him/her, we don't know what exactly happened. Sure we can speculate but let's wait and see what the police investigation turns up before we all burn him at the stake!
wow

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

i thinks its so funny how you people are now making stuff up about him texting and driving were did it say that, well it didnt you just want a reason start drama and a mans life was taken and a 18 year old dedicated hard working father is in jail and not only may be facing jail but has to live with this tragic memory. you people should be ashamed and you have no clue what you are talking about you believe what the meida tells you, guess what they are news casters they get most of there information from people around the street wanting five minutes of fame to be on the news, how do we know the truck driver wasnt speeding or that he wasnt weaving in and out of traffic because i know on several occasions i have witnessed reckless driving coming from trucks, well you dont know thats why there is a criminal investigation leave to the people who actually know what they are talking about, because the driver is 18 you are all jumping at the fact that he is just this dumb reckless idiot kid but you are sadly mistaken
COOKE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

wow wrote:
i thinks its so funny how you people are now making stuff up about him texting and driving were did it say that, well it didnt you just want a reason start drama and a mans life was taken and a 18 year old dedicated hard working father is in jail and not only may be facing jail but has to live with this tragic memory. you people should be ashamed and you have no clue what you are talking about you believe what the meida tells you, guess what they are news casters they get most of there information from people around the street wanting five minutes of fame to be on the news, how do we know the truck driver wasnt speeding or that he wasnt weaving in and out of traffic because i know on several occasions i have witnessed reckless driving coming from trucks, well you dont know thats why there is a criminal investigation leave to the people who actually know what they are talking about, because the driver is 18 you are all jumping at the fact that he is just this dumb reckless idiot kid but you are sadly mistaken
I guess you must know this 18 yr old since you said he was a hard working father. What was he doing driving without a license? It sounds to me like the person that said he was testing was a friend of the other man that was the passenger in the truck. Read the posts. He should not have been driving if he didn't have a license!!! So he was being reckless and if it was his fault he should be charged accordingly.
Chewy Montalvo

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Listen here vultures, and let Chewy tell you the low down on this story.

A dude lost his life, and another dude lost his freedom, and the best ten years of his life, and probably his ability to audibly pass gas. Justice was served that day, and for some reason, a working man was called elsewhere.

If you don't think being 18 and in prision isn't a big deal, go try it sometime. They'll be using this boy as target practice.

If you don't think suddenly losing a family member isn't that big a deal, bring your grandma over, I have an SUV.

Shooting people won't solve anything. Now tying their legs to two bumpers and slowly pulling them apart, hmmm maybe.

Peace, and pick a flower, not a fight,

Chewy.
chuckie

Redford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

wow wrote:
i thinks its so funny how you people are now making stuff up about him texting and driving were did it say that, well it didnt you just want a reason start drama and a mans life was taken and a 18 year old dedicated hard working father is in jail and not only may be facing jail but has to live with this tragic memory. you people should be ashamed and you have no clue what you are talking about you believe what the meida tells you, guess what they are news casters they get most of there information from people around the street wanting five minutes of fame to be on the news, how do we know the truck driver wasnt speeding or that he wasnt weaving in and out of traffic because i know on several occasions i have witnessed reckless driving coming from trucks, well you dont know thats why there is a criminal investigation leave to the people who actually know what they are talking about, because the driver is 18 you are all jumping at the fact that he is just this dumb reckless idiot kid but you are sadly mistaken
Yea, hard working father! Where is he employed? What is his wifes' name? More likely an unemployed sperm-doner living off the system. Where did he get the car? Was he texting on his "government-supported safelink cellphone" or did he drop his crack pipe? Fill us in with the details, wow. You seem to know him.
Russ

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I cant believe you are gone Uncle Joe, i love you very much and i know you are in heaven, it just sucks that you had to go so soon.
Family friend

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 15, 2010
 
People are so quick to judge this boy when none of you know anything about him. Yes, this was a tragic accident. This boy was something you dont see often someone who works everyday, to support his fiancee and child. Spent every moment he could with his child, loved his child and fiancee. Who worked to have that car, it wasn't just handed over to him, worked his ass off to get it. Nothing was just handed to him, he worked for everything. He is a good kid, whether you people see it or not, he would never do this intentionally.
Elizabeth

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Why is everyone getting such a hard on over his car?? Those are cheap little pieces of sh it!

My sympathies to the family of the deceased. May justice be served swiftly.
chuckie

Redford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Family friend wrote:
People are so quick to judge this boy when none of you know anything about him. Yes, this was a tragic accident. This boy was something you dont see often someone who works everyday, to support his fiancee and child. Spent every moment he could with his child, loved his child and fiancee. Who worked to have that car, it wasn't just handed over to him, worked his **** off to get it. Nothing was just handed to him, he worked for everything. He is a good kid, whether you people see it or not, he would never do this intentionally.
Lets see... 18 years old, unmarried father, unlicensed-uninsured driver. Sounds like a good role model to me.
unknown

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

wow wrote:
i thinks its so funny how you people are now making stuff up about him texting and driving were did it say that, well it didnt you just want a reason start drama and a mans life was taken and a 18 year old dedicated hard working father is in jail and not only may be facing jail but has to live with this tragic memory. you people should be ashamed and you have no clue what you are talking about you believe what the meida tells you, guess what they are news casters they get most of there information from people around the street wanting five minutes of fame to be on the news, how do we know the truck driver wasnt speeding or that he wasnt weaving in and out of traffic because i know on several occasions i have witnessed reckless driving coming from trucks, well you dont know thats why there is a criminal investigation leave to the people who actually know what they are talking about, because the driver is 18 you are all jumping at the fact that he is just this dumb reckless idiot kid but you are sadly mistaken
And what would have happened if this 18 year old had died? Then his child would have no father. This 'father' also killed somones father, because he wanted to go somewhere, even though he has no license. THAT is dumb and wreckless, IMO. Driving with no license. Stupid is as stupid does.
mediasucks

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 15, 2010
 
The sad fact, again, is that someone lost their life and this young person will have to live the rest of his life dealing with the fact that he killed someone. I am wondering if anyone else heard the latest on this case....since it is now being overshadowed by the Dimora story? Seems that a mistake was made by the arresting officer and that this young man has a driver's license and insurance. Now, does this really change things for some of you. One man is still dead and another has been made out to be some low life living off of the government all because some news reporters HAD to break the big story. It sounds like it was all a trajic accident to me but I am sure there will be more to come. Funny how there isn't any BREAKING NEWS about how the reports were false on this kid.
SpongeBob

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 15, 2010
 
mediasucks wrote:
The sad fact, again, is that someone lost their life and this young person will have to live the rest of his life dealing with the fact that he killed someone. I am wondering if anyone else heard the latest on this case....since it is now being overshadowed by the Dimora story? Seems that a mistake was made by the arresting officer and that this young man has a driver's license and insurance. Now, does this really change things for some of you. One man is still dead and another has been made out to be some low life living off of the government all because some news reporters HAD to break the big story. It sounds like it was all a trajic accident to me but I am sure there will be more to come. Funny how there isn't any BREAKING NEWS about how the reports were false on this kid.
If what you said is true. The hopefully the media will retract their stories. Until then. I will believe this 18 yo punk is nothing more then a punk. I hope the text was important enough to cause a man his life.
FYI

Olmsted Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 15, 2010
 
Here is another bit of info the media failed to mention....not that this makes anything better for either family but it is pretty interesting. copy and paste:

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/0...
.txt

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••