Swine Flu at North Royalton School

Swine Flu at North Royalton School

There are 10 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Swine Flu at North Royalton School. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The Cuyahoga Valley Career Center sent out an advisory to students and parents Thursday about a case of Swine Flu at the school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

deedee

Elyria, OH

#1 Sep 4, 2009
SINCE THEY DONT KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THE FLU AND THERE WAS A CASE OF IT REPORTED AT MY CHILDS SCHOOL I WOULD KEEP MY CHILD HOME TO. SCHOOL IS IMPORTANT BUT I WOULDNT PUT MY CHILDS HEALTH AT RISK JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE THAT SIT IN SOME OFFICES THINK SCHOOL SHOULD REMAIN OPEN.KUDOS TO ALISA
PityPat

Stafford, TX

#2 Sep 4, 2009
How do they know that most of the cases will be swine flu unless they test them. What a bunch of chicken littles.
kelly

Strongsville, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2009
the girl is in my class and was there wednesday. the school lied......
kelly

Strongsville, OH

#4 Sep 4, 2009
oh and by the way she was tested.
Donna Wasko

Cleveland, OH

#5 Sep 4, 2009
Why do you say it's the "Swine Flu" but it hasn't bee confirmed by the Health Department? So it "MAY" be the swine flu but it is unknown for sure.
north royalton student

Redford, MI

#6 Sep 4, 2009
There are @ least 2 offical cases of swine flu now at my school, kinda scary because i go to both royalton and cvcc and im really not worried about me getting sick im worried about my niece and nephew who are little.
ubeme

Strongsville, OH

#7 Sep 6, 2009
My daughter missed a full week of school. She threw up for 6 days. She has been to the urgent care, the peds emergency room, and her doctors office. No one tested her. I think they don't want to test because they don't want to go through the hassle of reporting any new cases.
dawn

North Royalton, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2009
Here's a novel idea...Since we all know that children are the most susceptible, and that this virus will spread rapidly between them, jeopardizing countless of young lives. Why don't they just shut down the schools until the vaccine is ready in mid October?
Once the children are vaccinated, reopen the schools and extend the school year by 1 1/2 months. This seems like a logical approach to the situation. So the kids loose a bit of summer break...a childs life might be saved!!

SHOULD'NT OUR FIRST CONCERN BE THE CHILDREN??!!

Just an added note...I will have no problem pulling my children if more cases arise. Plus, I dont really trust them to tell us of all the cases
because the schools wont want to cause a panic.
I will be keeping a watchful eye on the situation for sure.
Kate

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2009
I agree with Dawn. As a teacher myself, I can tell you that at my school, nothing is being done or said about swine flu. Out of 100 students in my grade level, 12 were out sick today. I am starting to worry as I do not want to bring anything home to my own small children. I am preparing to use my sick days if it gets bad. I'd rather be home with them and not have them at daycare anyway. I would have no problem with teaching next summer if it saved the life of a child.
dawn

North Royalton, OH

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Ok Kate, so now how do we get the schools to listen to us???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuyahoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sentencings and trials in Cuyahoga County: Cour... (Apr '13) Tue Nikki 116
News Police seize $326 million in pot since 2008, bu... Jul 17 Cavalier330 3
News Protesters say organization key to keeping Clev... May '15 local news 1
News Ted Cruz knocks Mitt Romney: Ted Cruz in the news Apr '15 swedenforever 2
News Cuyahoga County Prosecutor says it considers Cl... Apr '15 Brutus 1
News Jimmy Dimora's wife has until April 6 to vacate... Feb '15 Beatrice Wayne 1
News Police: Man shot at Port Columbus had history o... (Jan '15) Feb '15 chebbyWHEELER 13
More from around the web