Akron: Cleveland Diocese places accus...

Akron: Cleveland Diocese places accused priest on leave

There are 3 comments on the WKYC-TV story from Sep 9, 2011, titled Akron: Cleveland Diocese places accused priest on leave. In it, WKYC-TV reports that:

According to the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, the Reverend Mathew Ischay, 62, has been placed on administrative leave as the result of a court complaint alleging that misconduct with a minor occurred in the late 1970's. Previously, he served as pastor of Blessed Sacrament parish from October of 1987 until it closed in April of 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV.

Creosote

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Separation of church and state shouldn't apply to pedophiles. Religion is no excuse. In fact, it should make them more accountable.

PUT THE PERVERT IN JAIL.
Neil Conway

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2011
I was a pervert priest at St. Roses in Cleveland. I moved to my family's property in Peninsula to get away from the stench of my prior activities. I also like to rent the garage on my property to young guys who like 'cheap' rent.

I'm on a 100+ woods so no one can hear anyone else if they don't like how I 'run' my household.

The authorities don't care, otherwise they would have investigated my property years ago....

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Creosote wrote:
Separation of church and state shouldn't apply to pedophiles. Religion is no excuse. In fact, it should make them more accountable.
PUT THE PERVERT IN JAIL.
Maybe some due process first. Possibly the person bringing the civil suit should press charges?

The Diocese of Cleveland has removed him from ministry until the case can be reviewed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuyahoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Clinton, Springsteen rally for Obama (Oct '12) 2 hr AmPieJam UncleSam 10
News Sentencings and trials in Cuyahoga County: Cour... (Apr '13) May '17 joe 125
News Judge approves lawsuit settlement for family of... (Dec '16) May '17 ODrama 5
News Judges order Denny Ross retrial (Jan '08) Apr '17 Betty 86
News Before Setting Bail, Summit County Judges Look ... Apr '17 Mr Shhhhh 1
SGT James Henry Necomer Feb '17 538th Engineers l... 1
News Woman charged for 2006 murder (Jul '12) Feb '17 Cyber 72
More from around the web