Chief Merkley suspended; reason behind action remains unknown

Dec 25, 2008 Full story: Gold Beach, Oregon

Russ Merkley will spend Christmas at home, something he has not done much of in his 31 years in law enforcement.

Full Story
Support our Chief

Portland, OR

#1 Dec 31, 2008
I could not believe what I was hearing when I was told that Mr. Flynn had suspended our Chief of Police. The more research I did, the more I realized that Mr. Flynn is not qualified to be the city manager, his work history relfects a person that "jumped" from job to job. And why would that be? Was it, Don, you quit or we fire you???? Chief Merkley has been 110% devoted to every person that comes into Gold Beach. He has worked countless unpaid hours, risked his life for people that hate him & has always been honest, sincere and dedicated. Gold Beach City Council, WHERE ARE YOU??? You have the ability to prevent further damage by Mr. Flynn. Can't anyone have enough backbone to put Mr. Flynn where he belongs? And bring back the outstanding Chief of Police!!!!!!
Rick

Jonesboro, GA

#2 Jan 1, 2009
Either way this looks like a big fat juicy LAWSUIT. And the only winners will be the 40%'ers (lawyers, take 40%) Don't ya just hate lawyers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect arrested after standoff with SWAT team Jun '14 We hate coos bay ... 1
Oregon timber county officials say fed money no... (Oct '13) Nov '13 TRZ 2
Curry County voters once again reject property ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 TRZ 1
Aging Mobile Homes Burden the Grid and Their Ow... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Nurse Bisop 1
Editorial: No lifeline likely in Curry County (Sep '13) Sep '13 Nurse Bishop 1
Kitzhaber promotes county rescue plan, warns he... (Jun '13) Jun '13 illcommandante 1
The need to get more doctors, nurses into rural... (May '13) May '13 nurseamyg 2

Curry County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE