Cumberland County commissioner arrest...

Cumberland County commissioner arrested on DUI charge

There are 79 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Cumberland County commissioner arrested on DUI charge. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

First District County Commissioner Robert Brian Houston was arrested on West Avenue in Crossville shortly after 2:30 a.m. Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

nope

United States

#36 Feb 12, 2012
Anita Cox wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha, you capitalized ASS- in assumptions. That's a good one. How did you know 'Nope' was a he? If you are not 'Nope', I don't think he/she needs your help.
Actually, it proves that more than one person thinks you're an idiot.
wow

Cookeville, TN

#39 Feb 12, 2012
educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you would broaden your horizons and get an education you could reap the same benefits. FYI---your grammar is ridiculous!
SO haveing an education gives you the rite to drive drunk and maybe kill someone wow
Liberal and Sane

Cookeville, TN

#43 Feb 13, 2012
All these DUI's were in the paper. Not a front page headline, but they were in there.
sensitive

Augusta, GA

#54 Feb 16, 2012
Looks like somebody got on here and deleated comments. Guess telling the truth makes some people a little sensitive.

Since: Jan 09

Hooterberry Hills

#55 Feb 16, 2012
a drunk poiltican.... imagine that.
POS

Crossville, TN

#56 Feb 17, 2012
He wrecked a marriage and now he trying to wreck a car. Oh yeah, he gets my vote.
LEELEE

Crossville, TN

#57 Feb 17, 2012
POS wrote:
He wrecked a marriage and now he trying to wreck a
car. Oh yeah, he gets my vote.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT YOU WHO SAYS THAT YOU PROBABLY CANT VOTE
TRUTH

Crossville, TN

#58 Feb 17, 2012
sensitive wrote:
Looks like somebody got on here and deleated comments. Guess telling the truth makes some people a little sensitive.
Behind a fake name the truth goes a lonnnggg way :)
my voice

Mooresville, NC

#59 Feb 17, 2012
homer lyle wrote:
a drunk poiltican.... imagine that.
I watched this guy take his test with the officer that night .He was not drunk, I smell a set up.I couldnt believe they took him to jail.
curious

Mcminnville, TN

#60 Feb 17, 2012
'My Voice', you said "I watched this guy take his test with the officer that night .He was not drunk, I smell a set up.I couldnt believe they took him to jail."

I'm just curious as to why someone who "was not drunk" and was "being set up", would refuse a intoximeter test. That doesn't make a lick of sense. None what so ever. If he indeed felt he was being set up, all he had to do was blow in the little machine or request blood work. had he done that and indeed was not drunk, he would have a very good chance of getting the officers who were "setting him up" fired and possibly even have grounds for a lwasuit. I think you post is bs.
my voice

Mooresville, NC

#61 Feb 17, 2012
Okay lick off sense"redneck"...I was there he didn't look drunk. I don't really care either way. And as for a set up maybe he didn't vote someone's way on something. Who really cares!
bill

Mooresville, NC

#62 Feb 17, 2012
curious wrote:
'My Voice', you said "I watched this guy take his test with the officer that night .He was not drunk, I smell a set up.I couldnt believe they took him to jail."
I'm just curious as to why someone who "was not drunk" and was "being set up", would refuse a intoximeter test. That doesn't make a lick of sense. None what so ever. If he indeed felt he was being set up, all he had to do was blow in the little machine or request blood work. had he done that and indeed was not drunk, he would have a very good chance of getting the officers who were "setting him up" fired and possibly even have grounds for a lwasuit. I think you post is bs.
crooked politcs works both ways, rumor has it some people want him gone.
get a life

Mooresville, NC

#63 Feb 17, 2012
bill wrote:
<quoted text> crooked politcs works both ways, rumor has it some people want him gone.
Yes bill politcs is spelled politics..will you people get off this guy...im sure every person on this post has got behind the wheel of a car when they have had a drink. It could happen to anyone. Maybe he will learn from his mistakes as we all should. It's just unfortunate he is in the public eye. No one would care if he wasn't and that's sad we all prey on celebrities,musicians,priests and even politicians. And love it when people mess up.Thats the sad world we live in.
meg

Crossville, TN

#64 Feb 17, 2012
my voice wrote:
Okay lick off sense"redneck"...I was there he didn't look drunk. I don't really care either way. And as for a set up maybe he didn't vote someone's way on something. Who really cares!
You don't have to "look drunk" to be above the legal limit.
NO RESPECT

Crossville, TN

#65 Feb 17, 2012
I have no respect for a man that cannot a married woman's bed and spends his time hanging out in the bars instead of with his own kids. Surely Cumberland County deserves better.
MEn

Crossville, TN

#66 Feb 17, 2012
You would think since Cheryl cheated on him for so long he would know better
josh

Crossville, TN

#67 Feb 17, 2012
my voice wrote:
<quoted text> I watched this guy take his test with the officer that night .He was not drunk, I smell a set up.I couldnt believe they took him to jail.
A set up it is and i think we all know who is behind it...
news flash

Crossville, TN

#68 Feb 17, 2012
NO RESPECT wrote:
I have no respect for a man that cannot a married woman's bed and spends his time hanging out in the bars instead of with his own kids. Surely Cumberland County deserves better.
dont think she is married ....you dont know as much as you thought you did.
NO RESPECT

Crossville, TN

#69 Feb 17, 2012
He has been seeing her for a long time and she just got divorced. Check your facts.
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#70 Feb 17, 2012
?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cumberland County Music Thread (Oct '13) Aug 3 Musikologist 7
News Cumberland County farmers plant first hemp seed... Jun '15 too late 1
News THP chopper pilot charged with DUI (Aug '10) Mar '15 shameful 10
News Man charged with trespassing, other offenses Mar '15 DeDominicis 1
towing company (Feb '15) Feb '15 Susan 1
News TBI: Woman shot after chase, firing at officers (May '13) Feb '15 Logan 28
News Crossville man charged with 2 month-old daughte... (Sep '11) Jan '15 almost a midget 147
More from around the web