33 Dogs Rescued From Home In Crossville

Jun 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

CROSSVILLE, Tenn. On Tuesday, the Humane Society helped rescue 33 dogs from who were allegedly being kept in inhumane conditions at a home in Crossville.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2012
1 Voice

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Many thanks to everyone for their efforts. Thanks for giving of your time and love for the sake of the animals. I pray that all of the animals will have a furr-ever home! Much love to you all!
mama bear

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

What about the house in town? There is a little white house with a fenced in yard that is behind the first united methodist church on main street. The house is at the four way stop behind the church. When I go through there everyday I can see/count at least 10 small dogs in the yard waiting to come inside. They are everywhere. Someone needs to investigate that home...
clara

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

mama bear wrote:
What about the house in town? There is a little white house with a fenced in yard that is behind the first united methodist church on main street. The house is at the four way stop behind the church. When I go through there everyday I can see/count at least 10 small dogs in the yard waiting to come inside. They are everywhere. Someone needs to investigate that home...
that doesnt seem safe for that church either -- what if the dogs got out of that fence? they could dig out or jump over or just accidentally be let out of the fence.. there are tons of kids at that church at almost all times.. and there is a playground less than 100 yards from that house. i agree, someone needs to investigate. its not safe or fair for the dogs or the church and the kids of the church.
mama bear

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

well not so much the church, in my opinion, the dogs/pups seem friendly. Tails are wagging and they are all small dogs, but small dogs can bite too. I just hate it for the dogs. I thought each dog had to have so many square feet, and this lot is too small for all these dogs to get the adequete amount of exercise they need.
soooo tired

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

mama bear wrote:
I know the house you are talking about, and the dogs all seem happy and well taken care of, and if the weather is bad the dogs must be inside because you dont see them out when it is bad. You know some people are capable of loving and taking care of their animals, even if YOU think they have too many, not all who have alot of animals neglect or abuse them.
oh please

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

I pass that house every day and have also thought they do seem to have ALOT of dogs for such a small house/yard. However, before they put the fence up someone was always outside with the dogs on leashes. They obviously care about the animals and thats probably why they put the fence up..so they can let them out and not get hit by cars. The dogs don't look sick or abused.If they are able to care for that many thats their business. It doesn't look to me like they're doing anything wrong. My kid goes to the church afterschool program and I have never once feared that those little dogs might get out and cause any harm.
cavedweller

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

If you don't like dogs -- don't get one, surely the dog would appreciate it.
I have 5, ranging from 40lb to 90lb. Three years ago there was a rescue operating here, there were over 50. Not one neighbor complained, no barking at all hours, no smell, they received all the food, water, medical care and concern that many fail to show their children.

Of course I don't live "in town", and there was plenty of room for them to run and get the activity they needed, they all had a roof over their head when needed and a tear was shed for each as they went to their forever home.

And by the way, ALL dogs bite -- with proper provocation. So don't come to OUR home.
Jessica

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

I have went by there and the house and yard looks neat and the dogs are soooooooo cute. They look well-cared for. :)
Onlooker

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

I have passed by the house you are talking about as well. They do have a fenced in yard, all the dogs are SMALL. There are quite a few. I have always seen a woman outside with the dogs, when they are outside. The dogs don't look malnourished. I think she cares for the dogs, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate.
Ethel

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

Several people have stopped to talk to the owner of the dogs/house. All the dogs are "fixed", well cared for and the woman who owns them considers the dogs to be her family. I am sure she takes better care of these dogs than lots of other people in this area

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cumberland County Discussions

Search the Cumberland County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
swap/sale Jul 17 friend 2
Crossville man charged with 2 month-old daughte... (Sep '11) Jun '14 dad of a momless son 144
Cumberland County Music Thread (Oct '13) Apr '14 Musikologist 4
Suspect Shot After Theft, Stealing Sheriff's Of... (Sep '13) Mar '14 Messed Up 23
Case dismissed against Cumberland County parent... Feb '14 Eshh 19
Producers of the In View Series Announce Upcomi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Renae 7
Cumberland County school superintendent address... (Nov '13) Nov '13 carol 2
•••
•••