Va. School Pulls Version of Anne Fran...

Va. School Pulls Version of Anne Frank Diary

There are 1 comment on the WCAV story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Va. School Pulls Version of Anne Frank Diary. In it, WCAV reports that:

A parent complaint has prompted the Culpeper County school system to pull a version of Anne Frank's diary off library shelves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCAV.

Josh W

Athens, GA

#1 Jan 28, 2010
I think this is outrageous. This book is a profound piece of literature and a first hand account of history as it was happening. The book should not be pulled nor replaced with an essentially censored version. I am not an advocate for exposing children to sexual references, but parents need to face that it is present in literature and in our society. It is not meant to be vulgar in most literature as it would be if it were spoken in conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Culpeper County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
casey fletcher Aug '16 lol 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
Solar Energy comes to Culpeper County (Aug '15) Aug '15 virtuesolar 1
News Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students (Dec '14) Dec '14 wichita-rick 4
News Town of Orange Police Investigate Shooting (May '13) Oct '13 unknow 26
News Woman Whose Son Died in Iraq Wraps Up 'Tour de ... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Jeff 4 Justice 8
News LEAP Presents Contest Winner with Home Makeover... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Whatever 9
More from around the web