'The Diary of Anne Frank' Censured by...

'The Diary of Anne Frank' Censured by Va. Schools for Gay, Sexual Themes

There are 39 comments on the www.edgenewyork.com story from Jan 29, 2010, titled 'The Diary of Anne Frank' Censured by Va. Schools for Gay, Sexual Themes. In it, www.edgenewyork.com reports that:

So much for smart-alecky Easterners turning up their noses at "Okies": The Union Public Schools district Board of Education in Oklahoma recently voted to allow the book "Buster's Sugartime" to remain on shelves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.edgenewyork.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#1 Jan 29, 2010
One whiny stupid complaint and it ruins it for everyone, that is tyranny.
planetspinz

Olivebridge, NY

#2 Jan 30, 2010
Ann Frank was murdered by her neighbors because they believed that they were superior to her because she was a Jew. They believed that this gave them the right to murder her.

The woman who wants to ban the Diary of this murdered girl wants to do that for the same reason Ann Frank's neighbors murdered her. She thinks that because she is heterosexual she gets to ban a book written by a 13-year-old girl who was murdered by her neighbors.

Someone needs to tell this woman that Europeans did not just murder Jews, but also murdered gay men and lesbians, because they believed as she does that were superior to them. She also needs to know that when the allies liberated the Nazi prisons, they did not free the gay men and lesbians, but imprisoned them, too, for the same reason she thinks she has a right to ban a book.

There is no difference between those European supremacists and American homo-obsessed heterosupremacist tyrannical theocRATS.

Ann Frank was murdered by her neighbors when she was 13 years young.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Jan 30, 2010
If self-appointed guardians of morality want to ban books with violent and sexual themes, they should start with the Torah and the Bible.
CHAS

Breckenridge, CO

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Culpepper County is hardly the center of sophistication of the East.
Oklahoma has no monopoly on small minds.
Now that the Sugartime book has gotten publicity watch it leave the libraries.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#5 Jan 30, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
If self-appointed guardians of morality want to ban books with violent and sexual themes, they should start with the Torah and the Bible.
touche
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 30, 2010
Christianity is in control in this country. No one in government does anything without their approval and respond instantly to their desires. Christianity is an evil institution. It's sad because it was never intended to be that and has been perverted by a few.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#7 Jan 30, 2010
Speedieg wrote:
Christianity is in control in this country. No one in government does anything without their approval and respond instantly to their desires. Christianity is an evil institution. It's sad because it was never intended to be that and has been perverted by a few.
But we pick on Christianity only because it predominates in this country. What you say could be said of ANY religion on earth today or in times past.

All religions teach much the same principles of charity and love. But all have been co-opted from time to time by those who use them to control others for personal power or financial gain.

I would not describe ANY religion as an evil institution. But I will agree that some leaders of every religion express evil.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 Jan 30, 2010
These stupid people and the board that went along with them deserve Anne's fate. Throw them in the ovens, NOW!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#9 Jan 30, 2010
planetspinz wrote:
Ann Frank was murdered by her neighbors because they believed that they were superior to her because she was a Jew. They believed that this gave them the right to murder her.
The woman who wants to ban the Diary of this murdered girl wants to do that for the same reason Ann Frank's neighbors murdered her. She thinks that because she is heterosexual she gets to ban a book written by a 13-year-old girl who was murdered by her neighbors.
Someone needs to tell this woman that Europeans did not just murder Jews, but also murdered gay men and lesbians, because they believed as she does that were superior to them. She also needs to know that when the allies liberated the Nazi prisons, they did not free the gay men and lesbians, but imprisoned them, too, for the same reason she thinks she has a right to ban a book.
There is no difference between those European supremacists and American homo-obsessed heterosupremacist tyrannical theocRATS.
Ann Frank was murdered by her neighbors when she was 13 years young.
Do you think telling these trailer trash idiot will do any good. HA! What someone needs to do is shove an electric eel up her sexually repressed hoohoo!

“Haters Need 2 Shut the F-K Up!”

Since: Aug 07

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA

#10 Jan 30, 2010
I am NOT surprised this is happening in Virginia. They are racist, homophobic, and antisemitic. I know this because my partner and I, both Jewish, spent a week one summer in Virginia Beach (timeshare exchange) and EVERY time we went out to dinner, someone kept asking us where were the wives? At one restaurant, when we replied simply, "no wives, we're a couple", the service was so bad, we left after our salad and was called "cheap Jews" at another.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#11 Jan 30, 2010
SouthJerseySteve wrote:
I am NOT surprised this is happening in Virginia. They are racist, homophobic, and antisemitic. I know this because my partner and I, both Jewish, spent a week one summer in Virginia Beach (timeshare exchange) and EVERY time we went out to dinner, someone kept asking us where were the wives? At one restaurant, when we replied simply, "no wives, we're a couple", the service was so bad, we left after our salad and was called "cheap Jews" at another.
Reminds me of a funny story. I was traveling with some friends back in 1989. We stayed overnight in Natchez, MI as we were heading for New Orleans and I wanted to see some of the antebellum mansions. We arrived in town after dark and the first place we found to eat that wasn't a chain was a tavern - which by the way had great catfish. This very besotted woman came up to us and was convinced we were European because our manners were different. We said we were Yankees from Chicago. We could not help listening to her conversation as she was so loud. One of her exclamations, in a deep southern accents I cannot reproduce in writing was the following: "I'm real liberal, I even like Jews!"

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#12 Jan 30, 2010
Grew up in SW PA. I know all I need to know about VA. They even made my straight white Christian sister feel uncomfortable when she traveled there with her straight white Christian husband. Because they were yankees.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 30, 2010
I'm so sick of these people trying to shove their perverted religious lifestyle down everyone else's throat. o_O
Rev Ray T

Topeka, KS

#14 Jan 30, 2010
Every time I think the Christians have reached the bottom of the ignorance barrel, they find a deeper level in it. If they had their way the only book allowed in the classroom would be Dick and Jane.“See Dick, see Jane, See Dick, dick Jane.” No, that is not the way it is written. That is the way we use to parody it in the school yard. That along with,“Old lady Smart let a fart, that blew the schoolhouse all apart.” The schoolyard was where we did the real learning, and unfortunately for some of us, we got it wrong.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
If self-appointed guardians of morality want to ban books with violent and sexual themes, they should start with the Torah and the Bible.
GOD: 2Kgs. 18:27 "... that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you." Prov. 5:19 "... let her breasts satisfy thee at all times;..."

ALAN: What? You don't want that read to Sunday School children? LOL!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16 Jan 30, 2010
fuzi wrote:
I'm so sick of these people trying to shove their perverted religious lifestyle down everyone else's throat. o_O
I like to shove it right back down their throats. They really hate that. It really brings a joy to my heart to see them realize that all their hopes, dreams and beliefs are nothing but empty words having nothing to do with reality.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17 Jan 30, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
If self-appointed guardians of morality want to ban books with violent and sexual themes, they should start with the Torah and the Bible.
ALAN: And here is something violent!

GOD: "As I listened, god said to the others,'Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children...." (Ezek. 9:5-6).
Short Left Index Finger

Toronto, Canada

#18 Jan 30, 2010
It says that the revised edition of the diary of Anne Frank was censured.The 1995 version.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#19 Jan 30, 2010
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD: 2Kgs. 18:27 "... that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you." Prov. 5:19 "... let her breasts satisfy thee at all times;..."
ALAN: What? You don't want that read to Sunday School children? LOL!
How about the story of Onan instead?

Since: Feb 09

Grove City, PA

#20 Jan 30, 2010
Must homosexuals always make every bit of controversy about themselves. Check it out:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet...

http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/news/local/a...

Neither the original Culpepper paper article nor the Washington Post article says diddly-squat about homosexuals. That didn't appear until some random unassigned quote in The Edge article, which I'm assuming has homosexual leanings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Culpeper County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
casey fletcher Aug '16 lol 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
Solar Energy comes to Culpeper County (Aug '15) Aug '15 virtuesolar 1
News Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students (Dec '14) Dec '14 wichita-rick 4
News Town of Orange Police Investigate Shooting (May '13) Oct '13 unknow 26
News Woman Whose Son Died in Iraq Wraps Up 'Tour de ... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Jeff 4 Justice 8
News LEAP Presents Contest Winner with Home Makeover... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Whatever 9
More from around the web