VA State Police Launch Facebook Page

VA State Police Launch Facebook Page

There are 9 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 2, 2010, titled VA State Police Launch Facebook Page. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Virginia State Police is hoping people who become fans of its new page on Facebook will help the agency solve crimes and find missing people and fugitives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

citizen

Rocky Mount, VA

#1 Mar 2, 2010
This is a good idea.

The state police website also has a sex offender registry that can be searched by zip code. That friendly beggar you saw at Pantops shopping center or the downtown mall just might NOT be the guy you want to give a ten or twenty dollar bill to after he tells you his oh-so-pitiful story.

There was a time when the public was not so gullible but the PC (practically communist) media has turned the new generation into a bunch of sleepwalking zombies.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 2, 2010
The public is not necessarily gullible as it is uninformed. The pres is not so PC as is manipulative, but only to the extent that no news is good news. Most of us who have been here for a while know both 29 and the Progress make a great effort to keep the good citizens in the dark as far as crime in this town. Thats not a left wing effort but one of keeping up appearances for investors sake. Just ask Mr Huja what kind of car he drives, it ain't no hybrid.
GoUVa

Bristow, VA

#3 Mar 3, 2010
I can now ask the overpaid and under worked Virginia State Police if I can be a friend. The first case they should feature is the missing 24 hour patrols of our rural counties. I guess I will have to go to Myspace for that.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#4 Mar 3, 2010
GoUVa wrote:
I can now ask the overpaid and under worked Virginia State Police if I can be a friend. The first case they should feature is the missing 24 hour patrols of our rural counties. I guess I will have to go to Myspace for that.
Are you actually this stupid or are you just trying to be a smart a..? You must have no idea what anyone in Law Enforcement has to put up with these days.
interesting

Winchester, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2010
thinking free wrote:
The public is not necessarily gullible as it is uninformed. The pres is not so PC as is manipulative, but only to the extent that no news is good news. Most of us who have been here for a while know both 29 and the Progress make a great effort to keep the good citizens in the dark as far as crime in this town. Thats not a left wing effort but one of keeping up appearances for investors sake. Just ask Mr Huja what kind of car he drives, it ain't no hybrid.
I thought I was the only conspiracy theorist on this board. I do agree that crime and numbers are kept as hush as possible.

29 should do some actual investigative reporting instead of reading the press releases from police and news agencies.
GoUVa

Bristow, VA

#6 Mar 3, 2010
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Are you actually this stupid or are you just trying to be a smart a..? You must have no idea what anyone in Law Enforcement has to put up with these days.
I always refrain from the name calling routine of many of you so I will just say, I can not think of a Police agency that needs their budget cut any more than the VSP. My point is, they make much more money than our local law enforcement officers and do not provide the 24 hour police protection we deserve. What they put up with these days goes along with the badge they put on and the oath they take.
Avid Reader

United States

#7 Mar 3, 2010
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Are you actually this stupid or are you just trying to be a smart a..? You must have no idea what anyone in Law Enforcement has to put up with these days.
No you might want to check farmville for that one. LOL

Since: Apr 08

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Mar 4, 2010
Posts which violate the terms of service, quote deleted comments or are off topic have been removed from this thread.

From the Terms of Service ( http://www.topix.com/topix/terms ): "You agree to NOT use the service to: upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable."
Iknow

AOL

#19 Mar 4, 2010
WMoore wrote:
Posts which violate the terms of service, quote deleted comments or are off topic have been removed from this thread.
From the Terms of Service ( http://www.topix.com/topix/terms ): "You agree to NOT use the service to: upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable."
But if it is truth it should remain and let evryone decide for them selfs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Culpeper County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Mar '16 Patient X 1
Solar Energy comes to Culpeper County (Aug '15) Aug '15 virtuesolar 1
News Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students (Dec '14) Dec '14 wichita-rick 4
News Town of Orange Police Investigate Shooting (May '13) Oct '13 unknow 26
News Woman Whose Son Died in Iraq Wraps Up 'Tour de ... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Jeff 4 Justice 8
News LEAP Presents Contest Winner with Home Makeover... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Whatever 9
News Bold Musical in Staunton Addresses Sexuality (Jun '13) Jun '13 A Person 4
More from around the web