CullmanTimes.com, Cullman, Alabama

CullmanTimes.com, Cullman, Alabama

There are 42 comments on the Cullman Times story from Apr 7, 2007, titled CullmanTimes.com, Cullman, Alabama. In it, Cullman Times reports that:

“At this point in time, we feel there is an issue of self defense that we need to deal with.”

The fate of a Welti woman who allegedly shot her ex-husband to death last week will likely be decided by a Cullman County grand jury. via Cullman Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cullman Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
friend of decesed

Decatur, GA

#1 Apr 20, 2007
how can you say self defense in this!!! if she had time to run she had time to call the police. The argument started because he got home late and she became outraged and started screaming and yelling at Mr. dingler and since he had interest in another woman, she became very jelous, she should pay for taking the life of a man she pervoked and was also fighting with!!!
vlovell

Swampscott, MA

#2 Jun 15, 2007
ricky dingler was a violent man to her for many years, she did what she had to do to keep herself safe. your right she had time to run and he followed her. He was also twice her size and has beat her on many occasions! the other woman should be grateful she didn't have to endure the same abuse, mentally and physically.
Ex girlfriend of Deceased

Hodgenville, KY

#3 Oct 13, 2007
These two had a very volital relationship. Both knew how to push the others buttons. I don't understand what caused her to shot four times. Why not call the police they were familiar with Rickey and their situation. She knew of his extra relationships so this one was nothing new. I would love to hear more about what happened that night and what if any her punishment will be.He did not deserve to die!!!
curious

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2007
Ex girlfriend of Deceased wrote:
These two had a very volital relationship. Both knew how to push the others buttons. I don't understand what caused her to shot four times. Why not call the police they were familiar with Rickey and their situation. She knew of his extra relationships so this one was nothing new. I would love to hear more about what happened that night and what if any her punishment will be.He did not deserve to die!!!
why would you be with him if you knew he had a wife?
curious

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2007
friend of decesed wrote:
how can you say self defense in this!!! if she had time to run she had time to call the police. The argument started because he got home late and she became outraged and started screaming and yelling at Mr. dingler and since he had interest in another woman, she became very jelous, she should pay for taking the life of a man she pervoked and was also fighting with!!!
In a situation like that yourself and your children are first on your mind, not the police. was you there? do you know what the argument was about? He has had "interests" in other women before, what makes this woman so special?
Cullmanite

Trussville, AL

#6 Nov 1, 2007
I knew Ricky Dingler for years. He was very scary, especially drunk. To provoke him just took looking the wrong way. I am speaking as someone who never was his girlfriend nor wanted to be. He did what he wanted to. He scared me to the point of wondering how I would defend myself and my kids if I was alone and he pulled up and started his crap. His male bravado led him to smash beer bottles on his head till he gave himself a concussion.
relative

United States

#7 Nov 3, 2007
Cullmanite wrote:
I knew Ricky Dingler for years. He was very scary, especially drunk. To provoke him just took looking the wrong way. I am speaking as someone who never was his girlfriend nor wanted to be. He did what he wanted to. He scared me to the point of wondering how I would defend myself and my kids if I was alone and he pulled up and started his crap. His male bravado led him to smash beer bottles on his head till he gave himself a concussion.
It's funny how everyone only speaks bad of Rickey. I have known him for many years as well; and yes sometimes ill tempered and short fused, HE WAS ALSO A VERY KIND, GIVING,AND VERY LOVING MAN. I am not just saying this because I am a relative, because he did do some mean and somewhat unforgivable things I thought at the time; but none the less no matter he was still a great man and is greatly missed by many.
I wonder

United States

#8 Nov 3, 2007
Cullmanite wrote:
Apparently, you did not know him as well as you say you did. I think he was a wonderful Dad, husband,(at times), son, cousin, brother, uncle, etc.,and a wonderful person.
Cullmanite

Trussville, AL

#9 Nov 7, 2007
Yes at times he was kind and I am sure he will be missed but that does not change the fact he could scare the heck out of someone for no reason at all. I was left wondering where to hide my shotgun if he came back to the house and I was alone. Now there have been times when he partied at my house with no incident. The fact is drinking and whatever else made him a different person. Funny how the cops sorta knew this would happen.
relative

Flomaton, AL

#10 Nov 9, 2007
Yes, you are right about the cops. I don't know if they knew it would happen, or should say- they didn't know if anyone would finally get tired of his crap. But, I think they expected it.
just a thought

Allgood, AL

#11 Dec 12, 2007
i am a say no to drugs and drinking, a person who has a past of drinking and becoming violant knows what he wants to do in my opinion, its like an excuse for them they drink and get drunck so they can have an excuse to be mean and violant and then think the world is just supposed to say well i know you were just drunk and its ok , not me i dont play the thought with them ,the man should of have kept his self sorber and stayed at home with his wife if he wanted another woman then he should have just left her and not been playing her like a fool going out with his girl friend and coming home and giving his wife hell it happens all to many times in america . i dont know that he should of have died but its appears to me that he made his own choices ,there are times when a woman is in a bad cituation for her own life when a man comes home drunk and violant you cant always run for a phone when you are trying to protect your own life at the moment
LMAO

Bay Minette, AL

#12 Jan 6, 2008
All of you should keep your mouths shut, when you dont know what went on in the hours before his death!! Besides who really shot him? Was it his wife? Neither one of them have the right to critize the actions of the other, they were both as bad as the other!
wtf

Moscow, ID

#13 Jan 12, 2008
she got off on self defense. what a load of bullshit. he at least deserved a trial. people reap what they sow. lots of love. r.i.p.
r-a-d

Moscow, ID

#14 Jan 12, 2008
no one knows but her.
rickey andrew dingler

Moscow, ID

#15 Jan 28, 2008
she knows she didn't do it. why kill him?? she could of just shot him once. she isn't that perfect. i would hate to stand before god if i as her. yes we all sin, but to kill??? i thouht she loved him. what love? she should of left. rest in peace. rickey andrew dingler.
dancer at jimmys

United States

#16 Feb 3, 2008
i agree with the ex-girlfriend, he did not deserve to die!!! Everyone that knew rickey,knew he had a temper,so don't push his buttons!!! I remember rickey as a very kind,loving,and giving man.He loved attention from the ladies,and he didnt deserve death!! If she was so fearful of him why didn't she get out a long time ago??? killing someone like this is not right,there were other ways to getr away from him..RIP rickey,,all the dancers miss you!!
dancer at jimmys

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2008
i remember rickey as a good hearted,kind,caring,and giving man..if he was so mean to her,why didn't she leave him??the first time a man hit's a woman,shame on him,the second time,shame on her for taking it...he didn't deserve to die!! I will miss you rickey,i speak highly of you no matter what,you made me happy the time i knew you. You were nice and caring...Yes he had a temper,but didn't deserve death...RIP
michelle24

United States

#18 Feb 15, 2008
LMAO wrote:
All of you should keep your mouths shut, when you dont know what went on in the hours before his death!! Besides who really shot him? Was it his wife? Neither one of them have the right to critize the actions of the other, they were both as bad as the other!
my mother was married to ricky and his surviving daughter is my sister. i remember the call i got that night, i had just gotten out of the hospital after having my little girl... im not going to sit here and justify the things that he did to cherie bc i saw him do the same things to my mother many years ago but i will say this... cherie met ricky while he was married to my mother (who was pregnant at the time) Cherie had no remorse for sleeping with a married man and knowing that my nother was at home pregnant. I do not feel sorry for the things that cherie has endured bc she very well knew what she was getting into when she met the man, oh yes,,,, she also is currently fighting my mother for custody of my sister right now stating that my mother is unfit....ha!! i can tell you now that no one has ever been shot at my mothers house!!! Also, after the shooting happened my sister stayed with me for a couple weeks and she said that she kept having nightmares of holding her daddy's hand and kissing him while he choked to death on his own blood. Tell me again cherie how you said that sonya didnt see anything!!! I remember speaking to cherie after the whole thing had happened and ricky had been gone for about a month, she was sleeping with his cousin that was on his work crew before he passed. she was covered in hickies and extremely skinny..hmmm.... And i just have one more thing to say about this, if this thing wasnt planned, then why the hell was there a loaded 40glock just sitting there on the shelf right beside anthony's front door and the safety wasnt on? i know that in the military (bc i was too) that anthony has quite a bit of knowledge on weapon safety... and here is something to think about....in the military you are trained to aim chest level on all shots you take, ricky was shot four times in the chest, all hits were grouped(which is another thing they train you to do) and how many women do you know who have no extensive weapon training have the forearm strength and the knowledge to hit four shots straight to the chest and not have one stray bullet??? just a lil something to think about.
relative

Moscow, ID

#19 Feb 25, 2008
almost a year... and she got away with it.
friend of a friend

Pinola, MS

#22 Mar 26, 2008
i would like to reply about the "other woman"...there was no other woman, i would know,i'm her friend. They were friends,and the day of his death was the first time they hung-out at all,except when he went to see her at work.She liked him as a friend,abviously his relationship was not good,and it took a bad turn for the worst.He had female friends everywhere,no one is to blame. RIP rickey..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cullman County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Information (Mar '17) Mar '17 Thejoker 2
Corruption in Cullman County Detention Center (Jun '13) Apr '16 just a voice 2
News Cullman attorney sues AL governor over Confeder... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Concerned 1
News Arab PD places officer on administrative leave (Apr '15) Jul '15 Kollulie 2
News 3 charged with capital murder of Cullman Co. man (Feb '15) Feb '15 helpfull 1
News Have you seen a panther in Alabama? Prove state... (Aug '14) Aug '14 gulf 1
News More than 300 set to attend Saturday rally in s... (May '14) May '14 G Washington 1
More from around the web