Snowstorm predicted

Snowstorm predicted

There are 12 comments on the GoErie.com story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Snowstorm predicted. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Just when you thought it was safe to put the shovel away, a winter storm could dump up to a foot of snow in some areas of northwestern Pennsylvania and set a record in Erie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

BeckyKnapp

Stow, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2009
I KNEW we couldn't count on a coupla nice days meaning "spring!" It never fails in Erie for those surprise snowstorms to hit.

Since: Apr 09

Erie, PA

#2 Apr 6, 2009
Only in Erie. :(
Used ta live in Erie

North Augusta, SC

#3 Apr 6, 2009
It's Erie, it's April..what do you expect? You got lucky this year and no snow at St. Patty's Day, so now you pay for it. Don't like the weather...MOVE!
threadspinner

Secaucus, NJ

#4 Apr 6, 2009
so we get alittle snow and by the next day it will be gone ;) Snow or rain April is the time for feeding the flowers and trees moisture so they can grow. we had almost 0 snowfall for March so this is expected or it rains so get over it or MOVE SOUTH!
IT is spring and a little spring snow shower isn't going to turn back the hands of time. It'll be sunny and 50 by the weekend :)
t-bone

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Bring on the snow, we have to beat the record!! This is not unusual for Erie snow in April. By the end of the week we return for spring like conditions.
Observer1

Erie, PA

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Remember, it's now "climate change;" not "global warming," so continue your homage to Al Gore.

Erie, PA

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Hey "Used to live in Erie" don't be so freakin' mean. Some of us don't have that luxary.
elaine

Knoxville, IA

#8 Apr 6, 2009
Gonna snow here as well 1 to 3 or more. I didn't put my snowblower away either. Not till maybe the end of May as I remember we had snow in May too. Been a bad winter for most of us, hope we have a nice spring and summer. Oh yeah, make sure you have some salt too, I made sure and bought an extra 25 pounds to tide me over. LOL Oh and yes, I wouldn't move anywhere else. Too hot down south, tornado's in the central states and forget California...blah. So I am here till I die!
BeckyKnapp

Stow, OH

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Used ta live in Erie wrote:
It's Erie, it's April..what do you expect? You got lucky this year and no snow at St. Patty's Day, so now you pay for it. Don't like the weather...MOVE!
Who said anything about not liking the weather??? Personally, I find it fascinating! If you "Used ta live in Erie" and don't anymore -- why don't you go find a forum in your OWN community to comment on your local news. You're adding nothing to the mix here, and I'm sure they'd LOVE to have you!
K Mac

United States

#11 Apr 6, 2009
ErinsMama wrote:
Only in Erie.:(
Nope. Pittsburgh has the same forecast.

Erie, PA

#13 Apr 6, 2009
K Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Pittsburgh has the same forecast.
How about only in western PA.:)
elaine

Knoxville, IA

#14 Apr 6, 2009
ErinsMama wrote:
<quoted text>
How about only in western PA.:)
I saw on the news that snow down in the southern mountains and cold weather there as well. Wacky weather all over the place no matter where one chooses to live weather plays a part in everyday life. No getting away from it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 firefighters injured in Cochranton-area blaze (Jul '10) Jun '16 Cochranton Knights 3
Pumpkin Fest (Apr '16) Apr '16 rsmrmyr 1
News Erie County's population sinks for a fourth str... (Mar '16) Mar '16 GOP 6
News Coming Aug. 23, Kickoff has you covered (Aug '15) Aug '15 Not in HS anymore 1
News Cochranton Man to Serve Jail Time for Child End... (Mar '15) Mar '15 poop stain 1
News The Voodoo they do so well at this Meadville br... (May '14) May '14 jeff 4
News Thunderstorm watch, flood warning issued for Er... (May '14) May '14 Uncle Ted 2
More from around the web