Former U Pitt Titusville student sent...

Former U Pitt Titusville student sentenced in sexual assault of another student

There are 6 comments on the GoErie story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Former U Pitt Titusville student sentenced in sexual assault of another student. In it, GoErie reports that:

A former University of Pittsburgh at Titusville student will spend at least five years in prison for pleading guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted and attempted to rape a female student in January.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.

William

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 22, 2010
That's what you get for no security and a cheap crappy campus at a hick town! When there is an African American involved sure everybody will point fingers at him. But also the girl that accused him was a lying slut. I was attending that campus at that time and since only 512 people attend that campus everybody knows each other. She knew everybody and had keys made and she gave them to all the men on campus. So she was asking for it!! For the money $$$. During that time also since UPT demands more money of which FAFSA doesn't cover ($25,000 Loan for an overall $7,500 a term) People tend to do things to earn that money! Wrong place. Wrong Time. Wrong Campus!
Joe

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Yes I really do have to agree with William in this matter. In any instances such as this. I would indeed hold the campus fully responsible for this. My son had attended that campus of Pitt-Titusville. He said that it was the worst experience. However, what can you do? That campus is a joke. Ive recently picked my son up during the 22 quiet hours session in the dorms and boy ill tell you what!! The RA's have residents in the other side and they don't do anything. If I was a student going there I would raise hell. All that money we threw at them, nothing is happening. Pitt-Titusville is money hungry and the fact of the matter is that if UPT is concerned about money and not there students, then something is the matter and the matter should be public!!
Hello

Titusville, PA

#3 Jan 28, 2010
The girl didn't deserve to be raped. You call her a slut? That is rude. She gave keys out? Not so she could be raped.

God will judge all in the end.
Josh Brown

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 7, 2010
I really don't agree with William about the whole "being black" is the reason he got locked up. How about if you do the time you do the crime. Titusville is a really nice town with a low crime rate and it has a low crime rate because it doesn't have a lot of people of color in it.If you don't believe me look up the stats on other small towns with more than 5% people of color and you will see the crime rate sky rockets in them.It might be a hick town but it's a safe hick town
Buckshot Jones

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2010
My daughter went on a campus tour with some other seniors. During the tour the "guide" dropped the f-bomb. Real classy.
William

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Mar 25, 2010
I am not all surprised about the campus tour guides dropping f-bombs. If you think that was bad you should try unpacking after a long at your child's dorm. I still to this day don't understand how any of these students can study or get a degree in that matter. My son's roommate has been at that campus for not even a full year, and he wants out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 firefighters injured in Cochranton-area blaze (Jul '10) Jun '16 Cochranton Knights 3
Pumpkin Fest (Apr '16) Apr '16 rsmrmyr 1
News Erie County's population sinks for a fourth str... (Mar '16) Mar '16 GOP 6
News Coming Aug. 23, Kickoff has you covered (Aug '15) Aug '15 Not in HS anymore 1
News Cochranton Man to Serve Jail Time for Child End... (Mar '15) Mar '15 poop stain 1
News The Voodoo they do so well at this Meadville br... (May '14) May '14 jeff 4
News Thunderstorm watch, flood warning issued for Er... (May '14) May '14 Uncle Ted 2
More from around the web