Murder suspects talked with victim ho...

Murder suspects talked with victim hours before shooting : Local

There are 19 comments on the The Havelock News story from Apr 28, 2008, titled Murder suspects talked with victim hours before shooting : Local. In it, The Havelock News reports that:

Two Havelock men accused in the shooting death of Odell Foster Jr. on Saturday had spoken with Foster inside a local nightclub hours before, the police chief said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Havelock News.

TG of Cary

Raleigh, NC

#1 May 14, 2008
Here's a tip investigators, Moises H. Rodriguez charge if convicted doesn't have any connections with Odell's 2000 charge of Manslaughter... Moises was stationed in N.C. for about now three and a half years and before that he lived up north, which i went to school with him and his friends was mine and I would defenitely know if Odell was ever in any conflicts with Moises R. I know Moises since he was 8yrs old... I know deeply in my heart that he didn't do the shooting... He might of been there with Gary, but I know Moises and if he knew this was going to happen he wouldn't of been there... He served 4 yrs in the Marines and was finishing his term in August to go home... Moises stood at my place 4 weeks ago about a week and a half before the incident... All I could remember is how Moises told me "how glad he was to finish his term with the Marines and how ready and happy he was to go back home up north and be with his family" ... I know Moises for 17 yrs and I know he didn't do it... Like I said he might of been there and sped off, but i guarantee he left the scene cuz out of instance... I know if I was in that situation and if I was present in the vehicle and I know that my passanger in my vehicle did pull a trigger at someone I wouldn't stay at the scene I would leave out of instance and afraidness cuz you just never know what might happen after that if someone might shoot back... I guarantee Moises left out of scareness and all he wanted was to just drop of Gary "if he did pull the trigger" so he won't have anything to do with this stupidity of rampage... Moises is Innocent and the big man above will prove that...
Anonymous

Cranston, RI

#2 Jul 25, 2008
This is a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't hence the fact that last comment is right. Moise would have not, could have not done it. There is no allegation that he did it. There are fingerprints that need to be taken, testimonies that need to be recorded and I know that he can not be convicted of this crime that he was force to be in. And the fact that he is in NC there is not fair conviction in that state.
Here in Havelock

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
This is a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't hence the fact that last comment is right. Moise would have not, could have not done it. There is no allegation that he did it. There are fingerprints that need to be taken, testimonies that need to be recorded and I know that he can not be convicted of this crime that he was force to be in. And the fact that he is in NC there is not fair conviction in that state.
Two friends of mine were sitting in the restaurant when this happened. NOONE WINS!!!! You loose a friend, and I loose a friend.
Annonomous

Niceville, FL

#4 Aug 18, 2008
I knew Moises from the Marines, and he is a thug, straight up thug. Ask him what his rank is in the Marines, and what everyone else's rank is that has been in as long as him. He has given a bad name to the Marines values of honor, courage, and commitment. He should have known not to hang out with Gary since he was an even worse Marine and person than Moises. He is an adult now and has been told numerous times that he will pay for his actions. And now he will pay. I never like to see someone dead and two in jail, but I think I might just sleep a little bit better tonight knowing these two thugs are behind bars.
annonomous

Wilson, NC

#5 Aug 20, 2008
All I have to say is R.I.P Odell. U are truely missed.
Odells Sister

Springfield, VA

#6 Aug 27, 2008
Well the one person that said the BIG MAN above will prove that is a partially true statement but not finished, he will. My brother was brutually murdered because of them and justice will be served. I am sure you all that are Rodriguez friends are going to stand by him through thick and thin and I am not mad at you. But I would like for you also to realize that I can never stand by my brother ever again. Your friend played a part in taking my brothers life and that cannot be forgotten.

I would like to say, "Thank You" to all the people displaying love and respect for my brother and my heart goes out to the other families as well.
Odells Sister

Springfield, VA

#7 Aug 27, 2008
One last thing, my brother is not the one on trial here. Whether you know it or not he is the one that was shot to death. So his past does not have anything to do with this case. No matter how you look at it the two in jail caused this. Like I said before and will continue to say, No one deserves to die like my brother did, no one.
sam

United States

#8 Sep 9, 2008
i just want to say that two men (no matter how big or small part they played) took the life of my best friend. They both took the life of someone who made my life much happier. Odell was the one person i knew in the world that never judged me, always looked out for me, and would bend over backwards for those he loved. They took something so precious from this world. They are both ugly, hateful, cowards and only god knows which is the path to be taken. As far as those commenting on how your friend would never take the life of another; i just have to say Both men were involved and all it would have taken was one word or change of mind of one of them and things would have turned out different, but neither one of them were man enough to say no. They are both to blame and i hope they get what they deserve which will probably be a lot less lienant than what i think they deserve. i have prayers for all the families on both sides but a piece of my heart died that day when they took my best friend. To the Foster Family: Odell loved you all so very much and talked about you all the time. i thank you for bringing such a wonderful person into this world and i pray and wish for all of you only happiness.
Harlowes finest

New Bern, NC

#9 Nov 17, 2009
Its too bad that the Judge will not allow the Defense to present to the juror that Oddel foster had committed manslaughter back in either 2002 or 2003 time frame. He was guilty and went to prison. He was out to kill again and this time someone actually was able to defend themselves. I am sure everyone knew oddel was a drug dealer. They found crack in his Anus when the body was examined. He also had $1100 on him. I wonder where he got that money with no Job.
What itiz

New Bern, NC

#10 Nov 19, 2009
Manslaughter? That was an accident some of us were there. He just had no more chances, so get it right. They found nothing in Odells' anus. Do you work for the funeral home that buried him or the mediacl examiners office? I do!!! Harlowes finest? How you going to represent from where Odell is from and be dogging him? He was employed and was detailing cars as well. Drug Dealer? No job? Get your facts straight and let him R.I.P. You got beef..you better get on your knees and pray.
Harlowes finest

New Bern, NC

#11 Nov 25, 2009
Yea I am from Harlowe and I know all about Oddel. As a matter of fact a few years ago he stole two of my blue pit bulls from me. If that is suppose to mean something about having beef and praying. I am not worrying bout dat.I handle the business.
Tonya Foster

Chantilly, VA

#12 Dec 1, 2009
Harlowes finest wrote:
Its too bad that the Judge will not allow the Defense to present to the juror that Oddel foster had committed manslaughter back in either 2002 or 2003 time frame. He was guilty and went to prison. He was out to kill again and this time someone actually was able to defend themselves. I am sure everyone knew oddel was a drug dealer. They found crack in his Anus when the body was examined. He also had $1100 on him. I wonder where he got that money with no Job.
Too bad you have nothing better to do than to try to get on here complete a correct sentence about a dead man. Harlowe's Fakest should be your name. Did you see him sell anything? If so, why didn't you report him to the police? And his name is Odell and he did not intentionally kill anyone. He plead guilty and did his time without complaints. Furthermore, his manslaugter charge did not have anything to do with his murder. Maybe you need to check yourself and your preschool grammar and get your stuff straight. And maybe you should join your area crime watch group that is if you haven't committed a crime yourself.
someone reading

Hubert, NC

#13 Jul 17, 2010
I find it funny that the person charged with killing someone is found killed. So ask your self how many times in life have you found your self in this perdicurment. Not saying our marines fighting but in the usa how many times have you been faced with the problem, kill or be killed. Seems odd twice for this man.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 27, 2010
What is wrong the world?
Tressa Frazier Monk

Jacksonville, NC

#15 Jan 9, 2011
The loss of life is never a great thing. How we choose to live our lives has consequences - good, bad or indifferent. The M.E.'s report stated the examiner found crack cocaine in the anal cavity of the deceased. The newspaper reported that and I cannot imagine why they would lie. No one carrying a narcotic in his or her anal cavity is a law-abiding citizen. They are obviously doing something wrong.
Does that justify the manner of his death? Absolutely not, but it speaks volumes for how he was living, and as I said in the beginning, how you choose to live your life has consequences.
Several people on other sites stated the deceased was a "thug", "drug dealer" and a "bully." I don't know how true that is, but if it is, I'll tell you what I have told clients: "If you live by the sword, you will eventually die by it in some manner."
None of the men involved sound like they're angels. All were suffering with emotional and personality disorder characteristic traits it sounds like.
That night in the parking lot of the Bayside restaurant, three men lost their lives if you want to know the truth.
Let us push for better ways to deal with hostility towards one another.
Do not lie silent when you know someone is pushing poison in our communities.
Do not aid or abet a thug or bully. When you see them in action speak out and act out.
Be the change you want to see in the community and world, people.
And for the record, someone detailing cars isn't making so much money that they're walking around with $1100 cash.
I know it's tough to admit a loved one is not walking the fine line of truth, but lying about only makes you a co-conspirator to much of what ails our communities now. Take caution in what you choose to turn a blind eye to because there but for the grace of God go you or one of yours to the same wrong doings.
May God bless the families of all these young men.
Tonya

Ashburn, VA

#16 Feb 13, 2011
Not a good tactic and you know whom you are! Prayer does change things!
Tonya

Ashburn, VA

#17 Feb 13, 2011
My brother did not do anything to warrant his life being taken and being brutally murdered. I give it to all of you that are the Gary L. Hayes friends getting on here trying to make my brother look like the worst person in the world. The ones that knew him and loved him will just pray for you as well because you are in denial of the facts of what your friend did out of hatred. Like I have said before you should have stood by him prior and while he was going through this ordeal. I don't recall seeing any of you when he was in court other than the ones that were character witnesses and I can count them all on one hand. So please go find yourselves a piece of paper, pencil, envelope and write your friend a letter. Check-in on him instead of getting on here and trying to accuse a dead man of things you have not seen with your own two eyes. These accusations and heresay are called Defermation of Character and for the Holly One, Gossip. Live by what you know is best, the truth; not lies and accusations. Just maybe you too can make the world a better place. Sweep around your own door before you try to consult others about theirs. Taking the law in your own hands does not ever work and remember NO ONE is above the law nor is ANYONE beneath it. And yes, we are all very blessed,it just depends on how you want to look at your situation.
former Marine

Wilmington, NC

#18 Jan 2, 2012
I served in Marines with both of the accused. They weren't the best Marines but they tried. Not glad to learn they got into serious trouble and are now paying for it, but hey even people with issues can change their lives. I met the Foster man. Anybody who hung out in the local clubs in Cherry Point pretty much knew or knew of Foster. He was def no saint, but didn't deserve to die that way. Dont be mad or surprised his friends & family speak highly of him that's their job just like people who are friends of Mo & Hayes will speak well of them despite what they've done. God bless the dead. God bless Mo & Hayes. I agree no winners in this mess. But maybe people will learn something from it. I doubt it but hope so. Living foul, hurting other people, poisoning your community (IN ANY WAY) and doing the wrong things sometimes lead to tragic results like this. Wake up people and realize that you reap what you sow!
TG of CARY

Elizabethtown, PA

#19 Jul 3, 2012
Just to prove to all I was RIGHT and I know my best friend/brother Moises he was INNOCENT and now living his life back home with his family. I knew Moises would never be that type of person and all does that had judged him to be guilty should be man and woman enough to apologize for judging. As far as the victim i'm sorry for what happen, but he was definitely no
saint, he bullied and bullied Hayes beat the shit out of him several times left him shoeless and he reacted in the wrong way but after being bullied and humiliated so many times things like this is expected. Sorry to put it out like this but it is what it is, and by all means not saying its right but you reap what you sow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craven County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Search underway for two suspects in New Bern ho... (Oct '08) May '16 outlaw 3
News Craven County man charged with murder of three-... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Kate 1
News Cherry Point Commander Charged with DWI (Oct '10) Nov '14 8541Sniper 4
News Mother of C-4 suspect faces her own charges (Oct '14) Oct '14 nunya 1
Sanders Family. Where did the Craven County Nor... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mills 1
News Arrest made in connection to Saturday stabbing (Nov '10) Jan '14 1uponyou 2
News NC court says trooper should not be fired over hat (Dec '13) Dec '13 Parden Pard 3
More from around the web