Attorney: New DNA testing excludes WM3

Jul 18, 2011 Full story: KTHV-TV Little Rock 40

Attorneys for Damien Echols have released a status report about DNA testing that they say excludes Echols, Jesse MissKelley and Jason Baldwin of the slayings of three boys in West Memphis in 1993.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#25 Oct 3, 2011
duhh wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to pretend to be an investigator, you might want to get things straight.
First of all, your 3/4 mile distance isn't feasible as no one would attempt to cross the bayou beside the railroad track as it's much too wide and deep so your Google Earth straight line measurement is out the window. It's 1.3 miles from the site to the service road and west to Missouri Street and then walk south to the old Bojangles location, which is now the closed Mrs. Winners. That would be the only route from the murder location to Bojangles along the service road of one of the most heavily traveled interstates in the United States and then down the most highly traveled street in the city of West Memphis. He would have been seen walking that way, just as Echols was seen on the same road the night of the murder.
Secondly, the black man is a mentally challenged individual in WM that was located several days afterward with a small caliber gunshot wound to his arm. The WM Police eliminated him as a suspect very quickly, but you guys continue to insist he was involved. He wasn't!
Forget about Mr. Bojangles. He isn't a factor. The correct people were charged and convicted.
Really? As of August the police still had no clue who the bloody man was and never seemed to care as they never investigated.
my name is earl

Birmingham, AL

#26 Oct 3, 2011
melyssakaye wrote:
<quoted text>Really? As of August the police still had no clue who the bloody man was and never seemed to care as they never investigated.
this case has so many what if's. but what ever said your own supporter or non- supporter it is over and done with. they are free and plead guilty and were released guess we wont ever know they truth
blazed

Marion, AR

#27 Oct 3, 2011
duhh is right, the man was found and he was shot by his wife in a domesstic disturbance, the area where this happened was more behind mayfair apts. we used to play there as kids until damien ad his rejects started killing animals and having wierd little get togethers back there. by the way, we dont have any D.N.A evedince on charles manson either... why dont we get him some celebrities behind him and let him come live with all of you people who only know what you have seen or heard in tv.these killers are free just like O.J. and blakely,and anyone else who can buy the system with money and votes. THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.
Yeah

Cordova, TN

#28 Oct 4, 2011
blazed wrote:
duhh is right, the man was found and he was shot by his wife in a domesstic disturbance, the area where this happened was more behind mayfair apts. we used to play there as kids until damien ad his rejects started killing animals and having wierd little get togethers back there. by the way, we dont have any D.N.A evedince on charles manson either... why dont we get him some celebrities behind him and let him come live with all of you people who only know what you have seen or heard in tv.these killers are free just like O.J. and blakely,and anyone else who can buy the system with money and votes. THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.
What was his name? I see they had two suspects, but neither were found to be correct. So, since they found the guy and his injuries would had to of have been reported, what is his name??

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#29 Oct 4, 2011
Charles Manson wasn't at the scene of the Tate Labianca murders so his DNA wouldn't be there
information please

Birmingham, AL

#30 Oct 4, 2011
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
Charles Manson wasn't at the scene of the Tate Labianca murders so his DNA wouldn't be there
a local case here is memphis. a person named jessie dotson killed his whole family , lots of blood and signs of fighting but strangely no dna of his was found and if not for his nephew that he thought he killed actualy liven through it and saying uncle jessie did it he would of got off
blazed

Marion, AR

#31 Oct 5, 2011
his name was not reported because he didnt want his wife to go to jail..this is total unjustice..and all who support them, come to west memphis and support them in public.but you better leave your kids at home because three child murders are out free.this is a discrace to our town. and so are they and all who support them.

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#32 Oct 5, 2011
blazed wrote:
his name was not reported because he didnt want his wife to go to jail..this is total unjustice..and all who support them, come to west memphis and support them in public.but you better leave your kids at home because three child murders are out free.this is a discrace to our town. and so are they and all who support them.
the statute of limitations should be up on that action now, if he would come out say I was mr bojangles that could clear that right up
Hooray

Portland, OR

#33 Jan 11, 2012
Totally stoked to see the final chapter in the WM3 documentary series tomorrow night!
I remember when the post originally started, the WM3 were still in jail. Sorry for all you who thought they were guilty, but do you really think Arkansas would let 3 child killers out of jail if they ACTUALLY believed they were guilty??!! I think not.
The Alford plea was Arkansas way of not having to pay for their mistake. I still think T.H. is responsible.
Second that

Cordova, TN

#34 Jan 13, 2012
After watching the final documentary, I think they are innocent. Even the judge said the Alford Plea was in the best interest for the men AND the state of Arkansas. I really don't think they would agree to let them out if they honestly believed they killed anyone. How would letting killers out be in the best interest of the state? Also, it is so messed up that the appeals were seen by the same judge over and over. I understand that's how it works, but still - Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? The jurors were also informed of Misskelleys untrue confessions when that was supposed to be excluded from the case against Echols and Baldwin in the first place. I am sorry, but it would be kind of hard to forget any of the details had you committed that sort of crime, so his confessions were obviously not usable. So besides the confessions, there was no evidence that exclusively tied them to the murder. I am betting it was one of the fathers. Hobbs was the last person seen with the children and doesn't have an alibi for most of the day/night. You can tell he's a hot head from his interviews. I am not saying he did it, but he is way more of a suspect than the boys who have absolutely no ties to the kids.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35 Jan 13, 2012
The tragedy of this entire case is the rush to judgement by the West Memphis police dept and the "witch" hunt which led to the three boys false convictions and allowing evidence to go cold as to who really committed this murder.
That said, I take exception with the filmmakers of the three docs. I admired the first doc for exposing the hypocrisy and prejudice of the trial and false evidence, but this constant pointing of fingers that were first at Mark Byers and then at Terry Hobbs tends to make the documentaries less credible.
There was nothing wrong with showing the original trial and the circus it was and the wrongful convictions it produced, but the other two appear to be pure sensationalism.
Hooray

Portland, OR

#36 Jan 13, 2012
mrmikeyd wrote:
The tragedy of this entire case is the rush to judgement by the West Memphis police dept and the "witch" hunt which led to the three boys false convictions and allowing evidence to go cold as to who really committed this murder.
That said, I take exception with the filmmakers of the three docs. I admired the first doc for exposing the hypocrisy and prejudice of the trial and false evidence, but this constant pointing of fingers that were first at Mark Byers and then at Terry Hobbs tends to make the documentaries less credible.
There was nothing wrong with showing the original trial and the circus it was and the wrongful convictions it produced, but the other two appear to be pure sensationalism.
Yes but it is impossible to overlook the new DNA evidence that points to Terry Hobbs and the repeated lies he has told. After all, it was the new evidence that ultimatly imo freed them. I agree with you one the finger pointing at Byers though. There was no evidence against him. Only odd behavior.
Happy Feet

United States

#37 Jan 14, 2012
Just glad the WM 3 are free
Free

United States

#38 Jan 14, 2012
Glad they are free too
haha

Roanoke, VA

#39 Jan 20, 2012
i am not from arkansas,but i have been following this case since it first came out.i was in the 7th grade then,and even as a 13 yr old girl i thought there was little to no real evidence against echols,baldwin and misskelly. The state of arkansas would have never freed them if they thought they were guilty. They were gonna get a new trial for sure.Then the state gets rattled over their purses and comes up with this alford plea shit just so they wont have to pay those 3 for wrongful imprisionment,and they won't have to admit they're wrong. Whoever heard of letting someone off of death row with time served? Damien may have been a wierd kid but does that make him a murderer? Jessie misskelly made a confession because they promised him the reward money. Poor Jason baldwin was made guilty by association, he did'nt look like he could hurt anyone. Before any of the readers bring up exhibit 500 i am quite familliar with that too. They were a poor family and trying to get a ss check out of, why could'nt he have just been playing the game? I question this from the the start, and there has been no justice for those 3 little boys who were tragically murdered, and it seems the state is not intrested in reopening the case for fear of the payout and the mockery.Have any of you people who think they're guilty read the profile? Terry Hobbs seem to fit it. He has been a violent man, there is proof of that.The injuries to the boys were very different.Michael Moore was a collateral victim, the other 2 boys injuries show malice. I really hiope that these 3 men will be exonerated, and the truth is uncovered once and for all.
trailer focus 1

West Memphis, AR

#40 Jan 23, 2012
Question for all of you WM3 Hollywood truth followers...... What is your opinion on Anthony H's child mind statements to the police?
Joey from da Bronx

Mesquite, TX

#41 Jan 24, 2012
trailer focus 1 wrote:
Question for all of you WM3 Hollywood truth followers...... What is your opinion on Anthony H's child mind statements to the police?
You mean all that crazy bullsh!t his mom told him to say to get some reward money?
Curious girl

Corinth, MS

#42 Jan 25, 2012
I was wondering why they never admitted in to evidence the piece of cloth that was found in Christopher's hand?? Even now they should ask Pam if terry had anything that matched that- considering all the new evidence that's just now being released!!
Walmart Greeter

Dallas, TX

#43 Jan 26, 2012
Hooray wrote:
Totally stoked to see the final chapter in the WM3 documentary series tomorrow night!
I remember when the post originally started, the WM3 were still in jail. Sorry for all you who thought they were guilty, but do you really think Arkansas would let 3 child killers out of jail if they ACTUALLY believed they were guilty??!! I think not.
The Alford plea was Arkansas way of not having to pay for their mistake. I still think T.H. is responsible.
You mean the WM Police guilty of f*cking up the crime scene and the Bojangels evidence
Murder Groupie

Antioch, TN

#44 Aug 4, 2014
Damien started out killing dogs, cat and small animals. He worked his up to little kids. Damien is one sick bastad. There is no doubt he did it. Now thanks to all the foolish supporters he is free to kill again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craighead County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monette man charged with negligent homicide Sep 26 Clarence 1
Sheriff: Inmate found with $1,900 worth of meth... Sep 15 inmate 6
Jonesboro man arrested for slapping child Sep 1 guest 10
Arkansas Prison Inmate Found Dead in Suicide Aug '14 A-NEWMOON-RISING 1
Michelle Despain pleads guilty to hindering app... Aug '14 Guest 3
JPs unanimously oppose a 'wet' Faulkner County Aug '14 NoBody 51
Police: Arkansas man tried to mail meth to jail Jul '14 Guest 1

Craighead County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE