John 3:16 Ministries Changes Lives

John 3:16 Ministries Changes Lives

There are 138 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Apr 13, 2010, titled John 3:16 Ministries Changes Lives. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

Any addiction can consume an individual's life. For years, the John 3:16 Ministries has been reaching out to men in throughout the area who are struggling with all types of addictions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Dale

Deridder, LA

#1 Apr 17, 2010
It's an outrage the way these sleazy churches capitalize on addiction.
Guest

United States

#2 Apr 18, 2010
i know guy who got out of the "program" there after 8 months and is seen at the liquor store almost daily took him all of 3 days to crack teh bottle agin

Since: Aug 08

Arkansas

#3 Apr 18, 2010
Sounds to me like it's a program to help those suffering from drug addiction. How is that capitalizing on addiction?

My guess would be that this ministry helps and has helped many people learn to live a sober life. Like any other such programs, there are no doubt some who fall back into drug and alcohol addiction. It's a very powerful, baffling and cunning disease that some never escape from.

I say kudos to John 3:16 Ministries, and other programs that held people to recover from the awful disease of addiction.

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#4 Apr 18, 2010
Guest wrote:
i know guy who got out of the "program" there after 8 months and is seen at the liquor store almost daily took him all of 3 days to crack teh bottle agin
so what!!! at least they are trying.

like any type of drug and alcohol treatment facility there will be failures. The ministry is doing what they can to help cleanup users. They can only do so much and go so far then it up to the individual to stay clean.
Guest

Quitman, AR

#5 Apr 18, 2010
America 1st wrote:
Sounds to me like it's a program to help those suffering from drug addiction. How is that capitalizing on addiction?
My guess would be that this ministry helps and has helped many people learn to live a sober life. Like any other such programs, there are no doubt some who fall back into drug and alcohol addiction. It's a very powerful, baffling and cunning disease that some never escape from.
I say kudos to John 3:16 Ministries, and other programs that held people to recover from the awful disease of addiction.
I bet if they were gay you wouldn't say kudos
guest

Russellville, AR

#6 Apr 18, 2010
Guest wrote:
i know guy who got out of the "program" there after 8 months and is seen at the liquor store almost daily took him all of 3 days to crack teh bottle agin
That was HIS CHOICE! people have to try to change, it's not magic. He must have wanted a drink more than he wanted sobriety.
Best OF LUck

Reno, NV

#7 Apr 18, 2010
Really AA hasn't got good stats for recovery.Matter of fact most of their founders died drunks.It is a free program and is designed from pseudo christian beliefs where over the years it has been re tooled for different faiths or better yet NON faiths. I can see around here A bible belt recovery program maybe working because most people have been brain washed with indoctrination from early childhood with "believe or go to hell concept".With that being said it might work with the lower intelligence of the south and the indoctrination of the religion with some, but more than likely it is a serious medical issue.One as always is over look by the incompetence of faith such as MRI's,antidepressants, REAL educated counseling.In it place .."PRAY for the answers and the healing".SO.......(ahem) in the long run of statistics your not going to see a great deal of solid recovery,but one person that is saved from a bottom is worth it.As long as they do not shun proper medical attention.
Guest

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2010
u can say so what all you want and defend him but i think its a crock to go to rehab so you dont go to jail then get out and be right back doing the same. last night he was driving up and down the road hollerin and throwin beer cans out his window when he kills someone then we will see if you say so what

Since: Aug 08

Arkansas

#9 Apr 18, 2010
Best OF LUck wrote:
Really AA hasn't got good stats for recovery.Matter of fact most of their founders died drunks.It is a free program and is designed from pseudo christian beliefs where over the years it has been re tooled for different faiths or better yet NON faiths. I can see around here A bible belt recovery program maybe working because most people have been brain washed with indoctrination from early childhood with "believe or go to hell concept".With that being said it might work with the lower intelligence of the south and the indoctrination of the religion with some, but more than likely it is a serious medical issue.One as always is over look by the incompetence of faith such as MRI's,antidepressants, REAL educated counseling.In it place .."PRAY for the answers and the healing".SO.......(ahem) in the long run of statistics your not going to see a great deal of solid recovery,but one person that is saved from a bottom is worth it.As long as they do not shun proper medical attention.
From what I know of AA, the program works for those who work the program. The founders did not die as drunks, they died after decades of sobriety. You need to check your facts.

As far as the religious aspect of AA, I don't think it has one. It's a spiritual program in the sense that one must come to a belief that a higher power exists and can restore one to sanity, but it doesn't define what that higher power is.

And, FYI, AA was started in Ohio, not down south here where you think people are stupid. Your insulting condescension only displays your own lack of intelligence.

You can call any mental health facility anywhere in the nation and they will recommend AA for alcoholics and addicts who desire recovery. The professionals at those places wouldn't recommend AA if it didn't work.

Since: Aug 08

Arkansas

#10 Apr 18, 2010
Best OF LUck wrote:
...but more than likely it is a serious medical issue...
Addiction is a behavioral issue, not a medical one.
NO GOD

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2010
America 1st wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I know of AA, the program works for those who work the program. The founders did not die as drunks, they died after decades of sobriety. You need to check your facts.
As far as the religious aspect of AA, I don't think it has one. It's a spiritual program in the sense that one must come to a belief that a higher power exists and can restore one to sanity, but it doesn't define what that higher power is.
And, FYI, AA was started in Ohio, not down south here where you think people are stupid. Your insulting condescension only displays your own lack of intelligence.
You can call any mental health facility anywhere in the nation and they will recommend AA for alcoholics and addicts who desire recovery. The professionals at those places wouldn't recommend AA if it didn't work.
You do not comprehend well.The AA founders secretaries and other affiliates died drunks,take the time check YOUR facts,they are lagging.I did not state AA started in the south (re-read post again and you will see your comprehension was not up to par.)I was speaking of the program started in this area.Also you do not know your facts that it was based on RELIGION and re-tooled. tsk tsk you should really check YOUR facts (upper right hand tool bar -It's called GOOGLE) AA has no "scientific" stats. It is a program that has been in place in the court system for years because it was developed first and it is free.Oh by the way they don't always recommend those programs. I am sorry but you are the one in which a phrase "A CASE AND POINT" come to mind when I was speaking of the southern intelligence topic.Sorry, slow your reading down and calm your "self absorb ego" and use that Google and go get those facts buckaroo.
DeltaNineKine

Bossier City, LA

#13 Apr 21, 2010
America 1st wrote:
Sounds to me like it's a program to help those suffering from drug addiction. How is that capitalizing on addiction?
My guess would be that this ministry helps and has helped many people learn to live a sober life. Like any other such programs, there are no doubt some who fall back into drug and alcohol addiction. It's a very powerful, baffling and cunning disease that some never escape from.
I say kudos to John 3:16 Ministries, and other programs that held people to recover from the awful disease of addiction.
DISEASE??

On another thread you said addiction was a behavior, not a disease.

Dis-missed!
DeltaNineKine

Bossier City, LA

#14 Apr 21, 2010
Now that I look at it, it was this thread. Flip-flopping in the same thread...
ZEDA

Pearcy, AR

#15 Apr 21, 2010
I have a cousin who went through John 3:16. He completed the program sometime in the fall I believe. So far He is doing good. He wants so badly to succeed. I am very proud of him and I hope he continues to do well. He is doing this for himself. Maybe that is the difference between failing and succeeding. It can't be an easy thing to do.
guest

Russellville, AR

#16 Apr 21, 2010
DeltaNineKine wrote:
<quoted text>
DISEASE??
On another thread you said addiction was a behavior, not a disease.
Dis-missed!
it's a behavioral disease, you get to where it controls your behavior. thats what he meant.
dang

Lake Charles, LA

#17 Apr 22, 2010
how
Huh

Trumann, AR

#18 Apr 22, 2010
Isn't that like,OBVIOUS???
Guest

Bossier City, LA

#19 Apr 22, 2010
It's a non for profit group so know your facts. They are just trying to help.
guest

Lake Charles, LA

#20 Apr 22, 2010
Unless you have battled addiction or have witnessed it first hand, you have no idea what John 3:16 and places like it are doing for people. It gives addicts hope where they thought there was none and actually saves lives. When you enter a rehab you have to want to change and even if you complete the program you will fight the addictions for the rest of your life. Sure there are going to be people that relapse - but most of the time it's not because they wanted to but that the addiction was stronger than they were. Addicts don't wake up one morning and decide they want to become addicts. Some people just can't have one drink or whatever - it absolutely consumes their lives and that is what these places like John 3:16 are there for.
Alexandria

United States

#21 Jul 15, 2010
I have a father who completed this program and John 3:16 is an AMAZING place. Unless you've been there or have had a family member or friend go through this program you have no idea what it can do. It turned my fathers life around who had batteled addiction with alcohol must of his life. I'm very thankful for what John 3:16 was able to do all the while not asking for a dime in return. God is good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craighead County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of recording woman in shower told p... 16 hr butt head 1
News Slideshow: July 3 - 9 mug shots Jul 4 Guest 2
News Graphic Content: Dogs found in poor condition, ... Jun '16 Mike 2
News Group's efforts to help mentally ill merit praise Jun '16 Concerned 5
News Police: EMT pulls knife on first responder (Apr '15) May '16 Guest 12
News Craighead County sued over court fees Apr '16 fornicator 3
News JPD: 17-year-old held on attempted murder charge Mar '16 Kelly F 1
More from around the web