Barker sentenced in Despain murder

There are 8 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Sep 14, 2012, titled Barker sentenced in Despain murder. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

The man who pleaded guilty to the murder of Marc Despain in August of last year was sentenced Friday, September 14.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

wow

United States

#1 Sep 14, 2012
That's messed up. You take someones life and you get 35 years....you get caught cooking dope you get life.

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Sep 14, 2012
35 years..... Really? For cold blooded murder of a man in his own house for money? Ellington is a joke! Let's hope his public service career is over after he fails this election.

Osceola, AR

#4 Sep 14, 2012
He is rolling over on the ones they really want. Smart move to make a deal so they could get everyone involved.

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Sep 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
He is rolling over on the ones they really want. Smart move to make a deal so they could get everyone involved.
. Yes. Even though he is the trigger man, they are gunning for Carl and Michelle. I think ellintons done a great job wiyh this!!!
huh?

Euless, TX

#6 Sep 15, 2012
If he wouldn't have been so dumb to kill an innocent man in his own home, and snitched before He made an awful choice, this would have never happened. It makes me sick...you take someones life but you get to live your own, and my tax dollars go to feeding you. Just doesn't seem right.
Miss Scarlet

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Sep 15, 2012
[QUOTE who="huh?"]If he wouldn't have been so dumb to kill an innocent man in his own home, and snitched before He made an awful choice, this would have never happened. It makes me sick...you take someones life but you get to live your own, and my tax dollars go to feeding you. Just doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE]
Your absolutely RIGHT!! They should ALL get the death penalty! This is one of the most heartless and cold blooded murders I have ever heard of. She actually had lunch with him knowing he was going home to be murdered! She sat there and looked her husband and the father of her children in the eye and let him get up and walk away just to be gunned down in his own home. They should all have to suffer the same terror he went through. They are nothing but pieces of worthless CRAP!!
GuestA

Euless, TX

#8 Sep 15, 2012
wow wrote:
That's messed up. You take someones life and you get 35 years....you get caught cooking dope you get life.
How much time will he actually serve?

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Mar 12, 2014
Michelles hired hand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craighead County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: EMT pulls knife on first responder 10 hr guest 7
News Jonesboro police bust suspected dealer/bootlegger Feb '15 KAITisTERRIBLEnews 4
News Man wanted on sexual assault charge arrested fo... Feb '15 Bubba 1
Prosecutor: Officers in shooting of drug suspec... Feb '15 randy brownlee 1
News JPs unanimously oppose a 'wet' Faulkner County (Jun '14) Dec '14 John B 53
News What does the same sex marriage ban mean for Cr... (May '14) Oct '14 DNF 16
News Monette man charged with negligent homicide (Sep '14) Sep '14 Clarence 1
More from around the web