City's Second Homicide of Year; Newnan man killed at Tavern

Apr 3, 2012 Full story: The Times-Herald 12

A Newnan man was killed and another man arrested for murder after a weekend shooting at a Newnan area bar.

Full Story
Tonya Chappell Gogolin

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Apr 5, 2012
Wow whats happening to Newnan! I was born and raised there abut currently live in Texas, and was considering moving back. But after my nephew Blake Chappell was murdered and whom ever is responsible is still walking the street, I have reservations for sure. Seems to me the NPD need to crack down on whats going on there, and put a stop to all this senseless killing! Hopefully soon they can find the time to catch whom ever took Blake from us at the age of 17! My prayers are with this family, and may the person responsible pay for what they have done!
LEO

Newnan, GA

#2 Apr 5, 2012
Shameless attempt at a plug against NPD. I can assure you that they are doing there best to solve the crime. However Blake wasn't a saint. People who knew him knew he was into drugs. Maybe that's what happened to him. I for one didn't know him but heard it from an extremely reliable source. I hope his family finds peace. As for the bar shooting, the shooter wasn't from newnan but from hogansville so don't blame newnan.
Good Ole Boys

San Francisco, CA

#3 Apr 9, 2012
Leo…it does not matter if Blake was a saint or sinner the child was murdered! Tonya I am sorry for your family’s loss. I am just a Time-Herald subscriber so I do not know the victim or anyone related in any way to the victim.
Coweta County happens to in close proximity to some high crime including but not limited to homicide. It does not matter where you move there is going to always be mayhem. The question is do you want to move to a county where the “Good Ole Boy’s” still control everything and only what they want will get the attention it needs or do you want to move to a county where the crime rate is much higher but the positive the “Good Ole Boy’s” do not choose who is a sinner or saint instead law enforcement that handles crime as crime and not based on who you know! Lots of things are a mystery in Coweta County and always will be, unfortunately Blake may be one of those forgotten ones, and sort of like the name Spradlin goes unpunished in the Good Ole Boy network!!!
P.S. Drug use never constitutes the murder of a 17 year old LEO!
Ava

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2012
Wow LEO, youre heartless.

“some beach, somewhere ”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 26, 2012
RIP BTC. May you finally be at peace.
God Bless, Tonya.
Love,
A.v.a.
LEO

Newnan, GA

#6 May 2, 2012
Good Ole Boys huh. That's a good one. Every town has the "good ole boy" network as you call it. Not sure about what Spradlins you are talking about but I know of a few Spradlins up here that went to prison. The question and answered had nothing to do with him being a saint or a sinner only his family or someone claim g to be family that was trying to take a jab at NPD. I for one know that those guys do the best they can and sometimes they fail but everyone's human.
Tonya Chappell Gogolin

United States

#7 May 29, 2012
Wow it sounds like to me "LEO" is a very angry, judgmental person. First off I understand NPD is doing everything they can to find the person/persons responsible for MURDERING A 17 YEAR OLD young man, who happens to be my nephew. Second of all like you said you did not know Blake, therefore who gives you the right to judge anyone, much less BLAKE. Seems to me you are just a very critical person, who runs with whatever they hear. Your so called "RELIABLE SOURCE" believe me is not very reliable. You have no right to say anything, about BLAKE! I BELIEVE THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER? HUMMMM THAT I WILL CHECK INTO. But I am not here to judge as you OBVIOUSLY are! Maybe you should take the time to consider that if this was your nephew, brother, son, father, etc that maybe just maybe what you would have to say would be extremely different. I hope and pray that NO OTHER FAMILY has to suffer the way ours has. YOU NEVER KNOW HEARTBREAKING UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN A MOTHER BURY HER CHILD! NO CHILD DESERVES WHAT WAS DONE TO BLAKE! I hope and pray whoever is responsible is brought to justice before another innocent you child from there FAMILY!
Tonya Chappell Gogolin

United States

#8 May 29, 2012
Thank you A.V.A. and GOOD OLE BOYS, I APPRECIATE YOUR KINDS WORDS!
Boomer

Newnan, GA

#9 Jun 1, 2012
Keep up. There has been three homicides this year. When Judges or Juries let them walk there is nothing law enforcement can do about it. Even when there is a confession.

“some beach, somewhere ”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#10 Jun 3, 2012
Who was the third?
I know about Blake and the one by Corner Tavern in Ashley Park.
I pray every night for some justice for Blake.
RIP
Ava.
Boomer wrote:
Keep up. There has been three homicides this year. When Judges or Juries let them walk there is nothing law enforcement can do about it. Even when there is a confession.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#11 Jul 10, 2012
Ava wrote:
Wow LEO, youre heartless.
Yes, I was just passing through checking on the LaGrange Forum and came across this. This thread is indeed a nasty piece of work... possibly actionable libel.
Friends

Wellington, AL

#12 Sep 22, 2012
Adam Lee Edmondson, Not Guilty!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coweta County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newnan lawyer suspended for 6 months Nov 22 fast and furious 2
Drug suspect leaves 'breadcrumb trail' of pills Nov 4 redwinestan 1
Man stabs pit bull inside PetSmart Sep '14 The shadow 5
AMR COWETA 20% Pay Cuts Aug '14 Disgruntled employee 1
noise ordinance? (May '08) Jun '14 Stressed With The... 16
Newnan/Coweta sees 98 percent graduation rate (May '14) May '14 Concerned parent 2
Yeager featured in 'Sheriff Magazine' (May '14) May '14 FYI 3

Coweta County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE