Toddler Dies of Injuries From Fire; I...

Toddler Dies of Injuries From Fire; Investigation Continues

There are 20 comments on the WBBM-AM Chicago story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Toddler Dies of Injuries From Fire; Investigation Continues. In it, WBBM-AM Chicago reports that:

The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of neglect after Preston Cooper, 2, died as a result of injuries from a June fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBBM-AM Chicago.

Karma

Round Lake, IL

#1 Oct 3, 2008
It is very said to say but this was Kamra.........The parents lied for 2 years about the death of Jesse Beskow. And this was there Karma!
Educated

Chicago Heights, IL

#2 Oct 4, 2008
This case has since been closed, but not this story. Baby P.J. youre always on my mind and your cousins miss you! Love u little monkey
Educated

Chicago Heights, IL

#3 Oct 4, 2008
not karma just an unfortunate tragedy of a 2 year old who has more family than just his parents who love him. His dads an absolute monster, but his mother was the victim of an extremely abusive relationship-she was wrong-but not in her right state of mind. I am sorry for the loss of jesse beskow, who was also a kid. nobody deserves to have their life wasted the way his was.
CONCERNED

Blacksburg, SC

#4 Oct 5, 2008
HOW IS HIS MOTHER A VICTIM? WHATEVER SHE DID WAS BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO. IF SHE WANTED TO LEAVE IM SURE PJ WOULD HAVE LET HER. NEITHER OF THEM WERE IN THERE RIGHT STATE OF MIND. HE'S NOT A MONSTER! THEY DIDNT MAKE GOOD CHOICES AND YOU'RE RIGHT BABY PJ HAS ALOT MORE FAMILY ON HIS MOTHER AND FATHER THAT LOVES HIM AND HE WILL BE MISSED. I DONT THINK ITS FAIR TO CALL HIM A MONSTER.
CONCERNED

Blacksburg, SC

#5 Oct 5, 2008
how is his mother the victim? it was their choice to be together. no one made them be together but thats not my concern. neither of them were in their right state of mind. you're right baby pj has family on his mother and father's side that love him and he will be missed. i dont think its fair to say he's a monster.
Jan

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 5, 2008
I think it is perfectly fair to call him a monster. Lets look at the big picture...hmmm...he puts a gun to the kids head for no apparent reason, then proceeds to say "you know I could blow your brains out", to which the kid replies "Go aheah I am not afraid to die" (because God knows he couldn't look like a punk), so Preston pulls the trigger. Now exactly what is a monster? In my view it is someone who just kills. No reason behind it. Just complete ghetto, ignorant, bravado. But he did learn well from his "family" look who is in there with him. Honestly, I think his family is more to blame for creating him. As for Jackie, she was just stupidly in love. I don't think she was a "victim" at all. She wanted to be with him and it was obvious. But karma is a bitch. I am sorry for the baby but according to the bible sins of the father are waged against the son. Did they really sleep well through those 2 years? I saw them and I know they did. NO problems in the world until Baby PJ got hurt.
TRUTH

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 20, 2008
Let's just clear something up! The only victims here where baby pj and Jesse! It's hard to believe as a mother that you could escape a fire unharmed without your CHILD!! HELLO!!! If this broads friends and family knew she wasn't in her right mind or that she was in a bad situation... why the hell didn't someone do something?!?! now two innocent people are DEAD! DEAD.. NEVER COMING BACK!! No matter how much the friends and family of Preston and Jackie loved them you've got to open your eyes to the truth! THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR 2 DEATHS! DON'T DEFEND THEM!! YOU KNOW THEY WERE WRONG, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS YOU. If you want to represent them as your family... why not send a donation to the victim's family? I don't know any of them personally, but if someone shot and killed your loved one... wouldn't you need support? You sound like loving caring people, but know the diference between who's in the right and who's in the wrong. They were both wrong and hopefully they'll get the help they need in prison and will not make such a decision ever again in the future and end someone else's life somewhere down the road. May Jesse and that precious baby rest in peace. We all know they are in a better place.
GodBlessJesse

Woodstock, IL

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Because he had the audacity to do this in front of people, by his actions daring them to shut up or tell it shows Preston was/is a cereal killer and sorry to say his girlfriend may be an accomplice with him
Jesse was not his 1st kill and if justice is not served won’t be his last.
Look at how he and his girlfriend took Jesse to the bathroom. Washed him and wrapped him in a blanket before transporting him! That shows prior experience. How about how they removed carpet, cleaned up and repainted, etc. Shows experience.
What about the dumping site? Experience.
How does a young woman wake up, see a dead body and not start uncontrollably screaming….experience.
How could she even drive the car?? Experience.
The dump site should be checked and they should be grilled about others.
Also, people should make sure Jesse had truly passed when they took him to the bathroom to clean him up. Maybe the reason no one told the cops is because he wasn’t completely gone from us until sometime during his cleaning up in the bathroom. Maybe they all felt like they were guilty of murder because of that fact!
If anyone truly knew Jesse Beskow…I mean truly knew him…Then they would know what a kind hearted person he was way deep inside. They would know his “Heart of Hearts” and what a horrible crime this is. God bless you Jesse. We all miss you terribly!
theyrebothmonste rs

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 25, 2010
jesse did have a great heart and didn't deserve to be taken away from this earth in such a manner. baby p.j didn't either. he was innocent. not even old enough to tell a lie.jacki is not a victim by any means.she made her choices. helped clean up a murder and murdered her own child. dumb bitch. should have been more concerned with her baby than herself.she has no remorse for her actions already has a new baby with the other monster and sleeps just fine at night. talks about"haters just wanna hate". I'm sorry but people hate for a reason.we make our own choices. it's just unfortunate that she walks around free and happy as a bird when her baby can't even see the sunshine anymore.my brother had such a big heart that I bet him and that innocent baby are both up in heaven together right now. jesse was full of jokes.and I'm sure he's sharing them with that little boy!that little boy did NOT deserve what happened to him by any means.neither did my brother. she may be happy and free now but eventually we ALL have to stand in front of the big man. HE never forgets.
sad

Genoa City, WI

#10 Mar 19, 2010
first off it is so sick that they probably killed their 2 year old baby just to get sympathy from a jury so pj wouldnt go to jail! how do 8 adults escape from a buring house but leave a baby????
TANYA

Lake Villa, IL

#11 Nov 18, 2011
Karma - That baby boy was saved by death from a very sad dangerous life with his crack head parents who murdered Jesse. Jesse, was my best friend and was supposed to be there when me and his little sister had our babies,we where pregnant and praying he would come home while PJ's knowing and equally as guilty family live across the hall. I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN GUILT, YOU CAN TRY TO DEFEND YOU ACTIONS BUT YOU ALL KNEW AND DID NOTHING JUST LIKE WHEN YOU LET THIS BABY EXIST ANYWHERE NEAR PJ AND HIS GIRLFRIEND!
TANYA

Lake Villa, IL

#12 Nov 18, 2011
AND JACKI, LET ME CROSS THAT MURDERERS PATH! SHE WIPED UP MY BEST FRIENDS BLOOD AND THREW HIM IN A TRUNK TO BE TOSSED INTO A DITCH AND LEFT THERE FOR TWO YEARS, SHE THINKS SHE'S FREE, SHE'LL GET WHATS COMING TO HER!
april

United States

#13 Mar 1, 2012
hell yeah girl I love jesse and just found out I feel terrible we were close for u I'm raging pissed and have been crying for over a week. if u read this I am making a fb page for jesse cuz it kills me inside I was in texas when he was found and the memorial and benefit show. I need to do something the guilt is killing me...I thought he was still around...that I would see my friend again...damn..
and that poor toddler messed up man..
I have a 2yr old and he would be the first precious thing I would save or die trying that's for damn sure...
Fallon

United States

#14 Jul 26, 2013
Jesse ur missed every single day it brings tears to my eyes just reading all the stuff about u .... this isn't fair ur supposed to be here with us not up there watching over us ... u were a brother to me and I couldn't wait to see the uncle u were gonna turn out to be ... 7 years later and today still hurts like the day everything came to light ... we love u Jesse and no matter the time that goes by you will forever be missed ... love u brother XoXoXo
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#15 Jun 14, 2016
Jan wrote:
I think it is perfectly fair to call him a monster. Lets look at the big picture...hmmm...he puts a gun to the kids head for no apparent reason, then proceeds to say "you know I could blow your brains out", to which the kid replies "Go aheah I am not afraid to die" (because God knows he couldn't look like a punk), so Preston pulls the trigger. Now exactly what is a monster? In my view it is someone who just kills. No reason behind it. Just complete ghetto, ignorant, bravado. But he did learn well from his "family" look who is in there with him. Honestly, I think his family is more to blame for creating him. As for Jackie, she was just stupidly in love. I don't think she was a "victim" at all. She wanted to be with him and it was obvious. But karma is a bitch. I am sorry for the baby but according to the bible sins of the father are waged against the son. Did they really sleep well through those 2 years? I saw them and I know they did. NO problems in the world until Baby PJ got hurt.
Reading all of these posts makes me sad. Jackie is my sister, PJ was a friend, and baby PJ is my nephew. Being so young and "in love" or "scared" doesn't equate to Karma. Many years Later living the same nightmare. The thought that my sister was involved in such a terrible crime and that PJ could be "so cool" he just did what he did. The news is full of sick things like this everyday. And then there are children caught in cross fires or literal fires that kill them. Small precious lives lost. Misunderstood reasons for why these things happen. Unfortunately, thus us all just terrible experience. Experience of life and death. Not naturally, disasters. Real life disasters, travesties that occur. Hopefully, someday the world can bury them (the memories), like their families had to bury the losses (actual people) But today some years later I can honestly say that deep wounds like this, they do not heal quickly. If they did I would've never Google the article on my nephews death remembering a day that marks my calendar every year since. Just feeling that same scary feeling of not knowing everyday what would happen. Remembering the long drive to loyola day after day, that our families made hoping for a miracle. Remembering the same chris brown song that replayed in the car in the radio baby pj's song. Over and over and over. Remembering the circle of prayer our families made. Seeing him underneath that bubble, putting on the yellow gown. Trying to get her to at least shower with a makeup remover cloth and some baby wipes. And then seeing him open coffin funeral. The precious baby, in a little suite, made up for our last good byes. Cousins still remembering him, that are today only 9, 13, 15. Children that want to remember, even though it's such a gentle subject. The years pass, time flies, but memories like this never fade away. And it has made a change in relationships. A change that shouldn't have occurred maybe, but what can we do now? Go ahead, share your thoughts on these facts, and emotions. You are all monsters. For thinking that being as disrespectful as you all were in your opinions was ok to do. I hope you never lose anyone in a fire, or to a bullet, or jail. I hope no child in your families ever has to learn early that death happens in life. And I hope that none of you ever remembers years Later what this type of tragedy can do. How it feels years Later to read the opinions of others that you never even knew. People that didn't even know any of the people in this article. I hope karma doesn't get you for stabbing an already down family, that lost more than you could ever imagine.
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#16 Jun 14, 2016
TANYA wrote:
AND JACKI, LET ME CROSS THAT MURDERERS PATH! SHE WIPED UP MY BEST FRIENDS BLOOD AND THREW HIM IN A TRUNK TO BE TOSSED INTO A DITCH AND LEFT THERE FOR TWO YEARS, SHE THINKS SHE'S FREE, SHE'LL GET WHATS COMING TO HER!
That's my sister, and there's nothing you would do I'm sure that could hurt her more than she's already gotten. I'm sorry for your loss, but my sister is no murderer. I'm so sorry for you, because I know the other half of this was disgustingly painful to go through. On behalf of my sister, we are all hoping you found peace in the memories created during his life time with you. We are still hurting on this end, but they say you can only go up from rock bottom right. They just don't tell you when.
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#17 Jun 14, 2016
TANYA wrote:
Karma - That baby boy was saved by death from a very sad dangerous life with his crack head parents who murdered Jesse. Jesse, was my best friend and was supposed to be there when me and his little sister had our babies,we where pregnant and praying he would come home while PJ's knowing and equally as guilty family live across the hall. I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN GUILT, YOU CAN TRY TO DEFEND YOU ACTIONS BUT YOU ALL KNEW AND DID NOTHING JUST LIKE WHEN YOU LET THIS BABY EXIST ANYWHERE NEAR PJ AND HIS GIRLFRIEND!
My sister was not a cracking head. And I believe your wish came true so far, so good for you. Hope karma doesn't come back to Bite you and your baby in the ass. That would suck, wouldn't it. Fucktard, think twice before you say some stupid shit that's disrespectful as hell to the other good family members that dealt with this shit for real.
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#18 Jun 14, 2016
sad wrote:
first off it is so sick that they probably killed their 2 year old baby just to get sympathy from a jury so pj wouldnt go to jail! how do 8 adults escape from a buring house but leave a baby????
You're disgusting, maybe that's some shit you would do.
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#19 Jun 14, 2016
theyrebothmonsters wrote:
jesse did have a great heart and didn't deserve to be taken away from this earth in such a manner. baby p.j didn't either. he was innocent. not even old enough to tell a lie.jacki is not a victim by any means.she made her choices. helped clean up a murder and murdered her own child. dumb bitch. should have been more concerned with her baby than herself.she has no remorse for her actions already has a new baby with the other monster and sleeps just fine at night. talks about"haters just wanna hate". I'm sorry but people hate for a reason.we make our own choices. it's just unfortunate that she walks around free and happy as a bird when her baby can't even see the sunshine anymore.my brother had such a big heart that I bet him and that innocent baby are both up in heaven together right now. jesse was full of jokes.and I'm sure he's sharing them with that little boy!that little boy did NOT deserve what happened to him by any means.neither did my brother. she may be happy and free now but eventually we ALL have to stand in front of the big man. HE never forgets.
But he does forgive, as we all should per the bible.
In memory

Round Lake, IL

#20 Jun 14, 2016
My sister did not murder your brother. She did not Murder her baby PJ. That's why she's free and you're all hating on her for crimes that aren't her fault. She helped PJ, not because she wanted to. Praying for you all, even the ones I got mad at for saying some evil stuff. You're probably all hurting too. So I hope you find peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cook County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so.. cook country redistricting starting yet? o... Jul 16 Koba only cares f... 1
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... Jul 12 spud 21
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... Jun '17 FCC investigated ... 18
Martin Leslie addis Apr '17 Needing info 1
News State board of health investigates Lyons D103 f... Apr '17 Typical 2
Lets hope for a green earth Mar '17 Malu 1
News A politician with a purpose and plan Feb '17 dolton resident 2
More from around the web