Man dead, female wounded during Cicer...

Man dead, female wounded during Cicero shooting

There are 19 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Man dead, female wounded during Cicero shooting. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

A Cicero man who was inside a Lincoln Town car with a female when they were shot Tuesday night in the west suburb has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

Steve W

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 23, 2009
Time to clean up Cicero and get all the gangbangers and their families out of here!!!!!! Start by confiscating cars, homes of all convicted gangmembers and their families who know what they are doing and turn a blind eye to it!
cicero resident

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2009
I agree,start with one on my block to!
m vargas

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2009
i say you are exactly right steve. my grandson was murdered in cicero almost 3 years ago .still an unsolved murder cas and this young man who was murdered this past tues was one of his best friends.i had to relive that pain all over again. i never saw such a bunch of young people so sad and in pain.their futures are very dim if we don t do something and i am very pissed off at cicero and their detectives . get your head out of your asses.if you want to commit and get away with it do it in cicero.those guys couldnt solve s damn case if a person was standing overa body with a smokin gun.
Cicero Resident

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 25, 2009
I understand what all of you got to say, but by these gangmembers moving to a different place would not change a thing.... they would just go and mess up another city or town... These kids, teenagers man that gangbang need to look and realize that they are killing themselves and other innocent people over nothing.. They need to understand that if they where to die they would suffer in HELL for eternity because of the dumb decisions made while alive... They think they look cool by living what they call a thugh life, but at the end they would either die go to jail all for absolutely nothing.. Than when they die they gont get to rest in peace, they would pay for their sins and this means if they did not live their life in Gods ways they would suffer for eternity in HELL.. So parents need to try to raise their kids by teaching them good and Gods ways since they could just run and go play with the devil.
unknown

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Well for what I've heard out on the street this guy was a gangbanger, so he knew pretty much wut he was getting into... he was driving around with a gun the same day he got shot at........
Here is a thought people

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Move.
You obviously don't have the courage or collective will to change anything there so move.
I think it's hilarious that you are all crying about your family members dying. It's your fault. It's not like crime just appearred over night. You saw it's increased presence and did nothing. Nor did you move your family of " loved ones " away from the problem.
You failed at truly loving your family members and now they are dead. It's your fault, not the town of Cicero. Deal with it.
unknown

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 28, 2009
Here is a thought people wrote:
Move.
You obviously don't have the courage or collective will to change anything there so move.
I think it's hilarious that you are all crying about your family members dying. It's your fault. It's not like crime just appearred over night. You saw it's increased presence and did nothing. Nor did you move your family of " loved ones " away from the problem.
You failed at truly loving your family members and now they are dead. It's your fault, not the town of Cicero. Deal with it.
..........there is no need to blame any one crimes are committed every were, what does has to change is the police, and its corruption as it happens elsewere,
cicero24andcentr al

London, KY

#9 Nov 4, 2009
lol kick all the gang members out, well if that is the case lets kick out black people for being lazy or kick out people for having a lack of education or maby yet lets kick lock up all members of the kkk although they have the right of freedom of speech! what are you dumb? cicero is a poor area it had gangs since the late 70's and it s a Gangster town,it has a Al Capone agenda written all over it! If you want to kick people out of cicero you can start with all the town hall officals who are a bunch of Frogmen for the Outfit!!!!!!Hey you remember Betty Loren Maltese?? gangster bitch!!!
cicero1

Ashburn, VA

#10 Nov 5, 2009
Ive seen children of Pastors turn into gang bangers .. so lets not blame the rearing of these kids. There is so much peer pressure every where .. and tv and some music doesnt help in making this lifestyle seem cool. Its sad that some of these kids do not realize its not so cool til it is too late. I personally took my daughter to a funeral home and asked her to choose her own coffin as well for some of the family members in our home .. asked her if it were as easy as choosing which gang to choose because her choice would one day cause us to have to make funeral arrangements for someone close to her if not her. If we turn a blind eye to it then it is our fault. I say turn them all in .. whether it be your cousin son or daughter... their choice has an affect on us all
reckless 4

Burbank, IL

#11 Nov 5, 2009
u guys have no fuckin idea what ur talkin about yea he was a gangbanger but what kind of person would shoot him in front of his house with his girlfriend in the car trust me he was my brother i was with him everyday and its not juss gangbangin its the cops and can sum 1 kill a person and not be found
On the Job

Orland Park, IL

#12 Nov 18, 2009
Instead of blaming the Cops, y dont you blame the citizens who actually saw the shootings and refuse to help the police. Everyone knows that the Latin Counts killed them both but without help from WITNESS's the 4th district will not charge anyone. The cops know 90 percent of the killers in town but there is only so much they can do. CITIZEN help is what solves murders not the cops, they just piece it together.
Resident

Willowbrook, IL

#14 Jan 11, 2010
The Cicero cops are very corrupted! It is totally unlikely that they'll ever find the killer. They refuse to dust for fingerprints at the worst crime scenes, they refuse to investigate, they only know how to disregard emergency calls as pranks and sit on their lead butts while Cicero becomes another 1990s Cabrini Green type neighborhood or even like Miami in 1984. Once, my neighbor's garage was tagged with graffiti, I reported it to the non emergency number of the Cicero police, they openly flat out refused to investigate, in another case when they did come to another graffiti tagged garage and I attempted to tell the cop who I thought might be responsible, he actually forbade me from remaining annonymous!
gina

Westmont, IL

#15 Jan 15, 2010
Resident wrote:
The Cicero cops are very corrupted! It is totally unlikely that they'll ever find the killer. They refuse to dust for fingerprints at the worst crime scenes, they refuse to investigate, they only know how to disregard emergency calls as pranks and sit on their lead butts while Cicero becomes another 1990s Cabrini Green type neighborhood or even like Miami in 1984. Once, my neighbor's garage was tagged with graffiti, I reported it to the non emergency number of the Cicero police, they openly flat out refused to investigate, in another case when they did come to another graffiti tagged garage and I attempted to tell the cop who I thought might be responsible, he actually forbade me from remaining annonymous!
we saw who graffitied the side of our house! yes house- but the cicero police refused to file a police report- or investigate- they are so stupid- doesn't anyone realize the more u let these people get away with the more they escalate
unknown

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2010
honestly i see what everyone is saying in both perspectives. I for 1 have been a victim of a gang and then honestly I have been in a gang. I for 1 really truly regret being a gangmember. but there is no 1 to blame in this topic. everyone is the fault of what's going on with todays youth. parents not trying to understand thier kids, not listing, not being thier, helping them in any way. the parents givng up hope thinking thats all thier is for thier child. everyone can say they would help out in any kind of way possible or if they had the time but IF they had the time it still wouldn't matter to anyone untill it really affects them and thier family. i wish god can really help us all, because he's the only 1 that can truly save us from our selves
moved away

Hattiesburg, MS

#17 Mar 3, 2010
Yes I did move away. My kids friends are being killed left and right. That was my home for 35 years and yes it has changed. T o leave my home town was the right thing to do. I still have my kids and my life. But dont think that gangs are not here but just alittle and I watch it grow I am looking into moving again. The whole nation is full of bad people and gangs we will have to live very cautions among them all. Watch you children better and pray. God bless the world.
lore

Berwyn, IL

#18 Mar 25, 2010
How sad to see these things, My daughter was hit by a gold color pontiac grand prix on Sunday, March 14 on 18th and 60th court in cicero we are asking anyone who may have info to come forward, driver was female in late 20 to early 30's black hair.
Julian

Berwyn, IL

#19 May 9, 2012
The town of cicero is so Corrupt its not even a joke you police men that think yous are better then other people because you have a badge . Well how come my cousin death hasnt ben solved its almost 3 years that him and his girlfriend have past and you know what ur lead detetive told me " well you know what he was affiliated with gangs what kind of police do we have that this so called police do we have that we cant depend on them to do your damn job for once ....well you know what his girlfriend wasnt and she desevers her murder to spend the rest of his life in jail ....
figures

Mchenry, IL

#20 May 11, 2012
What do you call a dead gangbanger? A good start!!
Stone miller

United States

#21 Jul 7, 2012
R'I.P GHOST IV

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cook County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex offenders sue, saying registry laws keep th... Jul 24 Anymouse 1
News Man Fatally Shot In South Suburban Harvey (Apr '06) Jun '16 A Lloyd 119
News Black History month by the numbers Jun '16 poo 3
Romel Esmail Chicago Fugitive and his sister Be... Jun '16 Bella Esmail Moore 1
News Toddler Dies of Injuries From Fire; Investigati... (Oct '08) Jun '16 In memory 20
romel esmail & bella esmail moore (Oct '15) May '16 Romel Esmail 3
News Chicago's racial employment gaps among worst in... May '16 White and Right 4
More from around the web