Dolton mayor asks for resignation of ...

Dolton mayor asks for resignation of police chief

There are 72 comments on the WBBM-AM Chicago story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Dolton mayor asks for resignation of police chief. In it, WBBM-AM Chicago reports that:

RELATED ARTICLE: Race-based lawsuit hangs over new hire Steve Miller Reporting CHICAGO - The mayor of Dolton says he is asking for the resignation of his police chief today - because he's just learned the chief is now working a second job as chief of investigations at the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBBM-AM Chicago.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JR in Dolton

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Mr. Mayor - you were exactly right in seeking his resignation.

An honest and honorable man would have resigned when he took that other job. We need not only a full-time police chief, but one who has the capability to provide leadership of the police dept.

Chief Fox never demonstrated any leadership skill.
live in dolton

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Well this is a good start. Now there 4 more two go.
All the dead weight. Like Shaw and his assistants it would be a great thing. How much money are we wasting on
this non-performing employees?????????
just curious

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 3, 2010
live in dolton wrote:
All the dead weight. Like Shaw and his assistants it would be a great thing. How much money are we wasting on
AMEN
Doltonite

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2010
NOW, NOW Dolton citizens, lets see who will clean up the village. Shame on Fox, was he not being paid enuff!! Good riddance is what I say...
ABOUT TIME

United States

#5 Jun 3, 2010
Finally this Chicago P.D lovin idiot and politician has been exposed. Good move Mayor. YOU have qualified people already within the Dolton P.D.who are well known in Dolton and respected within the ranks who can do the job! This clown spent more time at the bar in a town just west of Dolton. No more C.P.D collecting another free pension please. These types are only going to wreck the dept.

FINALLY
In Da Ghetto

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Well Fox is gone, how about the Fire Chief, Shaw the Inspector, The useless PW superintendant and his wanna-be police supervisor, the Polcie consultant, the village attorney....who else??? oh yeah...Maxine!!!
Doltonite

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2010
In Da Ghetto wrote:
Well Fox is gone, how about the Fire Chief, Shaw the Inspector, The useless PW superintendant and his wanna-be police supervisor, the Polcie consultant, the village attorney....who else??? oh yeah...Maxine!!!
Why Maxine? I say the village attorney and the village trustee Princess Greene--she is useless!!
Gone from Dolton at last

Lincoln, NE

#8 Jun 4, 2010
There are so many good officers; why not pick a Police Chief among them ... one who is not corrupt, but has the well being of the officers and town as a priority. If the consultant mentioned above has the initials R.J. - send him packing - he wasn't a good officer then and he's a terrible consultant now - as for Maxine, the only thing good about her is her gold jewelry - she has the mouth of a truckdriver (sorry, no disrespect to the truck drivers of America) and the brain of a gnat (well maybe the gnat has a bigger brain)... anyway, it's time Dolton got rid of the deadwood on its payroll...
Miss Eyes of Dolton

Manteno, IL

#9 Jun 4, 2010
live in dolton wrote:
Amen is Right, the only regret I have is that it wasn't sooner!
live in dolton

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 4, 2010
There was another shooting in Dolton about 3am.
Two shot on Grant and 142nd right by a church.
Still top secret info no one knows. Unless you happen to drive by and see the crime tape all over.
The Shadow

Beecher, IL

#11 Jun 4, 2010
It's about time. Maybe the Mayor should look into how Fox was making $130,000.00 a year when his ordinance salary was $96,000.00
doltonite2

Dolton, IL

#12 Jun 4, 2010
Pleasse you all ac like the Mayor didn't know all this remember Shaw appointed him come on now who's writng this mess RonnieLewis's fan club. What police officer is qualified to be a police chief. It better ot be "Lacy' whose had complaints ON HIM for years. i HEARD SOMEONE WAS CONSIDERING HIM.He might be a changed officer but not Police Chief. Who else. They must have new personnel on the Police force. Come on people let's get real we need to clean the whole village adminstration out TOP to Bottom. Shaw can't be blamed for this mess. As for as the tavern down the street when did the Present Mayor stop going down there because everytime I went there he was sitting there with Shaw. If you Lewisnites are going to talk BE REAL
live in dolton

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 4, 2010
The Shadow wrote:
It's about time. Maybe the Mayor should look into how Fox was making $130,000.00 a year when his ordinance salary was $96,000.00
Remember he also has a car,insurance and a phone. How many days did he really work?????? We could see him at the clubs in town. I say bye,bye,bye. As for a new Chief we could save some money and wait. Not like the police can't do without one!!!!!!!!
doltonite2

Dolton, IL

#15 Jun 4, 2010
Not defending him buit Fox wa not sitting in these clubs alone. other village officials were sitting there also. Its obvious you were there a lot. do you work for the village.How many daysdo any of the employees work? I know you see the majority of them sneaking around on the cout courting. We can say anything we want to the Village officials could have fired The chief anytime he wanted to. Why didnt he? We ned to hold our Vilage Officials accountable. Maybe he should hire his daughter for top dollar to be a watch dog at the village like he did at the Dorchester. go Mayor Lewis. Did anyone chech those credentials?(Ha)
Help

Dolton, IL

#16 Jun 4, 2010
I don't believe for one minute the Mayor didn't know the former Chief had received other employment. Please! His an official of Cook County and knows Stroger professionally/personally! PLEASE! The internet has nothing on the local grapevine. As soon as Fox received the petition at the Examiners office. I'm sure phones were ringing. The mayor knew and apparently had no problem with the arrangement until the story broke out to the general public and he knew he had to save face.

If you believe the Mayor didn't know the former Chief had received that position, then there's a functioning society on Pluto!
live in dolton

Chicago, IL

#17 Jun 5, 2010
doltonite2 wrote:
Not defending him buit Fox wa not sitting in these clubs alone. other village officials were sitting there also. Its obvious you were there a lot. do you work for the village.How many daysdo any of the employees work? I know you see the majority of them sneaking around on the cout courting. We can say anything we want to the Village officials could have fired The chief anytime he wanted to. Why didnt he? We ned to hold our Vilage Officials accountable. Maybe he should hire his daughter for top dollar to be a watch dog at the village like he did at the Dorchester. go Mayor Lewis. Did anyone chech those credentials?(Ha)
This is the problem people woring for Dolton not being accountable or credentials!!! Has for the daughter why is she still at the Dorchester???
It like we have to have two or three people doing the same thing and no one know what to do!! Look at each other and say what?
what

Calumet City, IL

#18 Jun 5, 2010
Doltonite wrote:
<quoted text>Why Maxine? I say the village attorney and the village trustee Princess Greene--she is useless!!
why trustee princess greene? It seems like she is the only one of the trustees that will stand her ground.sound like jealousy to me unless you know her personally.And what do you know about the attorney? Just asking.If do not mind I think you are a village employee,No i am sure you are.
Bull Dog

Calumet City, IL

#19 Jun 5, 2010
Tod Stroger appointed Chief Fox CHIEF OF INVESTIGATIONS for the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. Fox didn't the solve murders in Dolton. He only hid murders and shootings from the people. Now he is chief of investigations in the coroner's office.
Joe curious

United States

#20 Jun 5, 2010
Bull Dog wrote:
Tod Stroger appointed Chief Fox CHIEF OF INVESTIGATIONS for the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. Fox didn't the solve murders in Dolton. He only hid murders and shootings from the people. Now he is chief of investigations in the coroner's office.
Smartest move made by the mayor, considering this chump never solved anything in Dolton. This guy is a political friend of Stroger and that azz hole William Beavers. The suburbs are being ran into the ground by theses Chicago pimp/politicians that are getting a Chicago P.D. pension and free money, chief jobs. Dolton,watch out for the next move with these pimps!!!!!!!!!!
Wake up

United States

#21 Jun 5, 2010
Bull Dog wrote:
Get wise like SOME of the other suburbs are doing and STOP hiring these retired azz holes from Chicago. They are destroying those communities,bringing in unqualified people in top positions,as political favors. Fox was never qualified for the job. He was nothing more than a college boy from Cook County Corrections. Check out his background!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cook County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cook County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 25 Carter 2
News Third suspect arrested in Glen Ellyn kidnapping Sep 24 Glen Ellyn Resident 1
News Cook County issues nearly 10,000 same-sex marri... Aug 30 Gremlin 1
News 2 Dead, 7 Wounded In Wednesday Shootings Across... Aug '16 grounded in reality 1
News Justice waiting on county to clear out Triangle (Sep '15) Aug '16 Resident 4
News Sex offenders sue, saying registry laws keep th... Jul '16 Anymouse 1
News Man Fatally Shot In South Suburban Harvey (Apr '06) Jun '16 A Lloyd 119
More from around the web