Crestwood well water lawsuits will st...

Crestwood well water lawsuits will stand alone

There are 32 comments on the The Southtown Star story from May 16, 2012, titled Crestwood well water lawsuits will stand alone. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A water fountain in Playfield Park sits adjacent to a well and water tower where contaminated water mixed with the village's drinking water in Crestwood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lotta money

Midlothian, IL

#1 May 17, 2012
I agree with the judges ruling, however it's going to cost the village a lot more money in lawyers fees. Could bankrupt the village, but justice must be served.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No money at all

Oak Forest, IL

#2 May 17, 2012
lotta money wrote:
I agree with the judges ruling, however it's going to cost the village a lot more money in lawyers fees. Could bankrupt the village, but justice must be served.
Look on the bright side. All found not guilty. No harm was done and justic need not be served. No free money for anybody so sorry, Great job judge.
Pin Head

Alsip, IL

#3 May 20, 2012
No money at all wrote:
<quoted text>Look on the bright side. All found not guilty. No harm was done and justic need not be served. No free money for anybody so sorry, Great job judge.
No harm was done?Justice not justic need not be served? Why should justice not be served? If some one busts into your home and steals all your goods should justice be served? Let me ask you this when and if they are found guilty will you man up and say I was Wrong ? I bet not
No Lawyer Money

Midlothian, IL

#4 May 22, 2012
No money at all wrote:
<quoted text>Look on the bright side. All found not guilty. No harm was done and justic need not be ser
ved. No free money for anybody so sorry, Great job judge.
"No free money for anybody" couldn't agree more! Let Chief T and Frank pay for their legal bills themselves! Let the feds take their houses and cars to pay for their legal fees. After all, you can't drive a car or live in your house if you're in prison.
JIM - Crestwood

Berwyn, IL

#5 Jun 2, 2012
Now, we are going to foot the bill to defend these individual lawsuits. It will bankrupt our Village.
lotta money

Midlothian, IL

#6 Jun 2, 2012
JIM - Crestwood wrote:
Now, we are going to foot the bill to defend these individual lawsuits. It will bankrupt our Village.
So true! There's more than 200 lawsuits filed, which will cost millions to defend. If the village files bankruptcy, the village employees will not get raises and they will probably have a lot of layoff's. It will be the end for Chetwood, I mean Crestwood.
OH WELL

Hickory Hills, IL

#7 Jun 2, 2012
lotta money wrote:
<quoted text>
So true! There's more than 200 lawsuits filed, which will cost millions to defend. If the village files bankruptcy, the village employees will not get raises and they will probably have a lot of layoff's. It will be the end for Chetwood, I mean Crestwood.
Life with move forward tomorrow will be another day. Move forward nobody cares about the past.
In Life

Alsip, IL

#8 Jun 2, 2012
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>Life with move forward tomorrow will be another day. Move forward nobody cares about the past.
Ha the Chicago A Hole is back
Adolf Hitler

Midlothian, IL

#9 Jun 2, 2012
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>Life with move forward tomorrow will be another day. Move forward nobody cares about the past.
I couldn't agree more , we need to stop living in the past
Joe Stalin

Orland Park, IL

#10 Jun 2, 2012
Adolf Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more , we need to stop living in the past
Hey Hitler, why don't you run for mayor. You're still unemployed, aren't you? They need a guy who can get things done.
Das Mayor

Alsip, IL

#11 Jun 2, 2012
Joe Stalin wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Hitler, why don't you run for mayor. You're still unemployed, aren't you? They need a guy who can get things done.
I was the mayor for over 30 years.I went by the name of Chet Stranczek.
Nicole

El Monte, CA

#14 Apr 30, 2013
Hey,this village may have killed both my parents from their tainted water..crestwood could fall off the map for all i care..furthermore they need to pay for all their lies.money can't bring my parents back but someone needs to be liable for their
Deaths..
Lou

Alsip, IL

#15 Apr 30, 2013
Now you see why the trial was delayed till after the election!! God you people are easy. Chet told me just say REBATE and the sheep will vote for you.
Fooled Again

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 30, 2013
Lou wrote:
Now you see why the trial was delayed till after the election!! God you people are easy. Chet told me just say REBATE and the sheep will vote for you.
All you Presta lovers fell for his campaign lies. You heard the word "rebate" and you went straight to the polls and put a "X" next to his name. He knew the rebates weren't coming back, he just wanted to get your vote so Toscas and Dino wouldn't win. He said the lawsuits were going to go away, really? With Theresa found guilty on "all 11 counts" they are not going to go away.

The personal injury lawsuits now have the upper hand and Lisa Madigan is going to have a field day when her lawsuit comes to trial.

The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind doesn't it?
punishment expert

Hanover Park, IL

#17 Apr 30, 2013
No money at all wrote:
<quoted text>Look on the bright side. All found not guilty. No harm was done and justic need not be served. No free money for anybody so sorry, Great job judge.
I think instead of a money payout the people responsible for the water fiascial should be forced to drink the tanted water for twenty years only double the parts per million of poison in it.Your welcome.
Fooled No More

Orland Park, IL

#18 Apr 30, 2013
Fooled Again wrote:
<quoted text>
All you Presta lovers fell for his campaign lies. You heard the word "rebate" and you went straight to the polls and put a "X" next to his name. He knew the rebates weren't coming back, he just wanted to get your vote so Toscas and Dino wouldn't win. He said the lawsuits were going to go away, really? With Theresa found guilty on "all 11 counts" they are not going to go away.
The personal injury lawsuits now have the upper hand and Lisa Madigan is going to have a field day when her lawsuit comes to trial.
The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind doesn't it?
Here is the bottom line. Lou was elected as mayor. John was not. The people did not like John and his running mate Gary Carr for whatever reason. You can come up with excuse after excuse after excuse for why John lost and Lou won. Personally I voted for Dino.
John and his slate did not stimulate the voters and he was unable to get the vote out either here or in Worth Township where he was roundly trounced. Canít blame the Worth Township lose on water, Lou or rebate. Well you can but frankly it will not wash.
Theresa was found guilty of bad record keeping. That is all. Not for poisoning the residents or mixing the water. Remember the EPA and IEPA have said the residents were never in danger and the water was safe. So how do we get around this? I lost both of my parents here. My brother who also grew up in Crestwood and is a high priced downtown attorney said the deck is stacked against the residents. Right now there is no way to link the water to any cancer or illness furthermore when the judge ruled against the class action lawsuits most people will not have the means to fund their lawsuits on their own. Attorneys will require a large retainer fee which most Crestwood residents would not be able to afford. The people responsible do not have money to pay lawsuits. Crestwood would not be able to afford the lawsuits. So it would come down to Crestwood is the bigger fish. Guess what? There is only so much money to go around. We would be suing ourselves. I could see Crestwood declaring bankruptcy. There would be no other way around it. We have to be able to run the town and provide basic services to the residents.

It is a terrible shame what has happened to us. I donít think Lisa Madigan will fine Crestwood at all. All the key players are now gone or going to prison. Why hurt the innocent taxpayers even more. Havenít we paid enough?
OH PUULLLEEEZZZZZZZ ZZZ

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2013
"All the key players are now gone or going to prison"

Really?

Where the hell is Chester?

Oh that's right, Chester is in Floida enjoying the sweet ocean breezes, slopping lobster tail and white wine in his pie hole while his trained monkeys take the fall for him.

Chester is such a coward he went so far as to claim dementia rather than risk having to man up (rhetorical statement Chester).
Fooled No More

Orland Park, IL

#20 Apr 30, 2013
OH PUULLLEEEZZZZZZZZZZ wrote:
"All the key players are now gone or going to prison"
Really?
Where the hell is Chester?
Oh that's right, Chester is in Floida enjoying the sweet ocean breezes, slopping lobster tail and white wine in his pie hole while his trained monkeys take the fall for him.
Chester is such a coward he went so far as to claim dementia rather than risk having to man up (rhetorical statement Chester).
Ok Chester moved to Florida. The courts have ruled he is unfit to stand trial because of his dementia. That is why he was not tried in federal court. He has been identified as public official A. That is fact. So that would mean he is gone would it not? Whether he is enjoying fine wine and lobster is a moot point. The point is he cannot be tried. I do not agree with this decision but it is a fact.
Was Chester a coward? Well I have other names that come to mind and children may read this blog which would get my post pulled so I will not type what names comes to mind.
Fooled Again

Chicago, IL

#21 Apr 30, 2013
Fooled No More wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the bottom line. Lou was elected as mayor. John was not. The people did not like John and his running mate Gary Carr for whatever reason. You can come up with excuse after excuse after excuse for why John lost and Lou won. Personally I voted for Dino.
John and his slate did not stimulate the voters and he was unable to get the vote out either here or in Worth Township where he was roundly trounced. Canít blame the Worth Township lose on water, Lou or rebate. Well you can but frankly it will not wash.
Theresa was found guilty of bad record keeping. That is all. Not for poisoning the residents or mixing the water. Remember the EPA and IEPA have said the residents were never in danger and the water was safe. So how do we get around this? I lost both of my parents here. My brother who also grew up in Crestwood and is a high priced downtown attorney said the deck is stacked against the residents. Right now there is no way to link the water to any cancer or illness furthermore when the judge ruled against the class action lawsuits most people will not have the means to fund their lawsuits on their own. Attorneys will require a large retainer fee which most Crestwood residents would not be able to afford. The people responsible do not have money to pay lawsuits. Crestwood would not be able to afford the lawsuits. So it would come down to Crestwood is the bigger fish. Guess what? There is only so much money to go around. We would be suing ourselves. I could see Crestwood declaring bankruptcy. There would be no other way around it. We have to be able to run the town and provide basic services to the residents.
It is a terrible shame what has happened to us. I donít think Lisa Madigan will fine Crestwood at all. All the key players are now gone or going to prison. Why hurt the innocent taxpayers even more. Havenít we paid enough?
First of all, let me make myself perfectly clear. When you hire a personal injury attorney, it costs you NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, NADA. The attorney only agrees to take your case if he feels you can win. He would then be paid out of the monies you are awarded in damages. That's exactly how it works. So save my brothers a high priced downtown attorney bullsh*t for someone else who buys your BS.

Whatever the out come of these personal lawsuits, win or lose, it's going to cost the village a TON of money to defend regardless. Money the village doesn't have and can't afford to spend.

Bottom line is ALL the people responsible for this whole ordeal should be held responsible and be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Fooled No More

Orland Park, IL

#22 Apr 30, 2013
Fooled Again wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, let me make myself perfectly clear. When you hire a personal injury attorney, it costs you NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, NADA. The attorney only agrees to take your case if he feels you can win. He would then be paid out of the monies you are awarded in damages. That's exactly how it works. So save my brothers a high priced downtown attorney bullsh*t for someone else who buys your BS.
Whatever the out come of these personal lawsuits, win or lose, it's going to cost the village a TON of money to defend regardless. Money the village doesn't have and can't afford to spend.
Bottom line is ALL the people responsible for this whole ordeal should be held responsible and be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
You are absolutely 100 % correct about the cost of a personal injury attorney. The key is can he win the case. Now go ask John Toscas he is a personal injury attorney. He will educate you and tell you the same thing my brother said. If there is no scientific proof at this time linking the water to any cancer who do you think would have to pay for the experts to try and prove the water caused any type of damages. Why it is the attorney that is who. Now if he does not believe he can win the case do you actually believe the attorney is going to foot the bill for experts? No. Unless it is a slam dunk case.
So a little advice. Unless you know what you are talking about you may want to not post your own opinion as fact. After all attorneys are out to make money. And if they do not believe it is a slam dunk win they would not take the case for free. If you wanted to foot the bill to hire the experts needed to try and link the water to illness then they may take the case because they are out no money. That is how it works in the real world. After all attorneys are out to make money and lots of it.
The lawyers already involved will try and offer up some type of settlement to the village so they can make some money on this deal. That was already done with several dozen plaintiffs last year. I am sure with all of your vast knowledge you already knew that. All that was stated, go ask John Toscas if any of it is untrue. He will tell you no it is all true and factual.
Yes the people who are responsible should be held accountable. Two people have already been convicted. Letís see where the justice system takes us now. And that my friend is no bullsh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cook County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black History month by the numbers Feb 3 Drilling for the ... 2
News DUI, Traffic Safety Checkpoint Wednesday Night ... Jan '16 M A H 2
News Family Sues Cops Who Shot Autistic Son (Apr '12) Dec '15 kickboxer2 9
News Madigan Talks About Chicago Police Dec '15 Freecard 1
News The Latest: Illinois attorney general asks for ... Dec '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Oak Forest Health Center Buildings Set for Demo... Oct '15 Resident 1
romel esmail & bella esmail moore Oct '15 BELLA ESMAIL MOORE 1
More from around the web