Teen fires shot with AK-47

Jan 27, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KXL-AM Portland

Police said they're searching for a teenager armed with an AK-47 after he fired a shot that didn't hit anyone.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 24, 2009
Kenworth

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2009
Since when is it illegal to discharge a weapon outside the city limits?This is another anti gun news story.If the guy is 19,what law has been broken?
amazed

Longview, WA

#2 Jan 29, 2009
To Kenworth,
You are right, it is legal to discharge a firearm in the County. On the other hand, it is illegal to discharge it at another person when you are not justified to. Especially a weapon like an AK47.
"If the guy is 19, what law has been broken?" How about attempted murder.
Before you make comments about another "anti gun story" you should get your facts right.
What I see in these blogs just amazes me. That's why I don't look at them that often.
Kenworth

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2009
To amazed,
The story never mentioned the weapon being pointed at another human being.He probably dis charged into the air to break up a fight.Maybe you should get Your facts straight.So where is the attempted murder?More guns=less crime.Read and understand the 2nd Amendment or be a dis-armed victum.The story was obviously written to demonize the right to keep and BEAR arms.
Columbia County Resident

Portland, OR

#4 Feb 13, 2009
"A 19-year-old man is in jail after allegedly firing an assault rifle at his mother Monday and triggering a five-hour hunt by police in the hills northwest of St. Helens." this is from the local paper in St Helens. So yah he did fire at someone. His mother!!! And shots were heard on the 911 call that she placed. So its not a anti gun media report. Just that the media that you read didn't have the whole story
Not Stupid

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 24, 2009
Kenworth wrote:
To amazed,
The story never mentioned the weapon being pointed at another human being.He probably dis charged into the air to break up a fight.Maybe you should get Your facts straight.So where is the attempted murder?More guns=less crime.Read and understand the 2nd Amendment or be a dis-armed victum.The story was obviously written to demonize the right to keep and BEAR arms.
Amazed you better look, Because Columbia County is one of the most corrupt county's in Oregon. FACTS Amazed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbia County receives $2.8 million for pedes... May '14 Tom 1
road department is a mess (Apr '13) Apr '13 anonymous road guy 1
Fire in St. Helens destroys barn (Nov '12) Nov '12 fukuda 1
Humane society says neglected, malnourished hor... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Audrey IsDeadLOL 1
Dad drowns after saving toddler son (Apr '12) Apr '12 candy 1
The koi swim up and eat food right out of Jan C... (Jul '11) Jul '11 sunnyDay 1
Reductions imminent for state assistance programs (Jul '11) Jul '11 sunnyDay 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbia County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••