City urges bar owners to have last ca...

City urges bar owners to have last call earlier

There are 7 comments on the Times Union story from Jan 4, 2011, titled City urges bar owners to have last call earlier. In it, Times Union reports that:

Mayor Jerry Jennings has asked city bars and restaurants to consider closing voluntarily at 2 a.m. instead of two hours later, as permitted by state and county law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Union.

AccountsPayable

Schenectady, NY

#1 Jan 4, 2011
The problem is, I can't always find a drunk chick by 2am...sometimes they need more time to "marinate".

“Diana Sieglerhoffen ”

Since: Oct 09

Leiden, Netherlands

#2 Jan 4, 2011
F**k that, bar owners have to make a living too. If someone is intent on getting smashed they'll just do it on the street and probably while driving. It's safer for them and everyone else to stay in the bar.
The give. needs to stop trying to control everyone's business and lives.
BodyWork4U

Schenectady, NY

#3 Jan 4, 2011
Hell, I don't usually even get a boner till 3am.
Anne Ominous

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2011
Hey, why not just bring back Prohibition? The bars have already been screwed in every other way imaginable.
Sammy

AOL

#5 Jan 4, 2011
If someone stops by after finishing work at midnight 2:00 a.m. should be enought time to unwind. How many families have someone come home
drunk and with mean spirit .... in the wee hours of the morning. I am with the Mayor on this one.

“Diana Sieglerhoffen ”

Since: Oct 09

Leiden, Netherlands

#6 Jan 4, 2011
Sammy wrote:
If someone stops by after finishing work at midnight 2:00 a.m. should be enought time to unwind. How many families have someone come home
drunk and with mean spirit .... in the wee hours of the morning. I am with the Mayor on this one.
If people want to get drunk and be mean they will even if there are no bars. They'll just buy their booze at an all night gas station or something. Those people have social disorders and are alcoholics.
It's not right to punish people trying to make a living because of crazy people. Lock their asses up.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2011
jerrry it aint going to work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hudson police stop, suspend one of their own (Aug '08) Mar '14 wow 8
News Kobe the alligator is on the run in eastern NY (Aug '13) Aug '13 Michele Fox 1
News Charges dropped against man arrested for 2 extr... (May '13) May '13 concerned voter 1
New website (Aug '10) Nov '12 cindy 2
News Police: Troy man arrested after invading elderl... (May '12) May '12 paulie 1
News DWI arrest in Columbia County (Feb '12) Mar '12 Brett 2
News Albania mob busts in area (Jul '11) Jul '11 albanian 2
More from around the web