Louisburg man killed along Interstate 35

Louisburg man killed along Interstate 35

There are 8 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Louisburg man killed along Interstate 35. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

A driver crashed into two cars stalled on the shoulder of Interstate 35, killing a Louisburg, Kan., man and injuring his wife and son.

The accident happened just before 5:30 p.m. Monday in Coffey County, about 15 miles east of Emporia.

The victim, 39-year-old Robert Smith, had parked on the shoulder to put water in his pickup. His wife, who was driving another vehicle, pulled over, too, and the couple's 15-year-old son was walking between the two vehicles.

Zachary Famuliner, 22, of Carrollton, Mo., was northbound on I-35 when he crashed into the back of Smith's pickup, causing it to hit his wife's car. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

Carrollton resident

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2007
I know that kid. I'll guarantee you he was drunk. He went to MU and got a 0.0 GPA. His parents are very rich. I hope they sue the pants off of them.
none of your buisness

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2007
This is a completely ridiculous comment, and I guarantee you probably got nothing higher than a 0.05 GPA. Zach may have made a mistake, but why urt his family who did nothing wrong you moron! For your information, his parents arent as wealthy is you may think, so clearly you know very little about Zach. Zach is in fact a great guy who has been through alot. I know him very well, better than most people. He is a very dedicated and kind person. I am sure this accident was just a terrible accident. He has already been punished enough through his own injuries.
robert smith wife sis

Olathe, KS

#3 Sep 4, 2007
I checked on zach with the courts and he is no angel. He has lots of problems with the law. His parents and not poor. Now my sister is going to be left tring to raise her children on her own after the loss of her husband because of another damn druck killing some one.Yes zach has had prior run ins with the law. Oh yes my family and his friends will see that zach will pay for this.Now my sisters children are teens and they need there father. Zach took their father from them. Plus messed up my sisters life. Zachs family has done nothing to try to make up for what has happen they are cold hearted.
robert smith wife sis

Olathe, KS

#4 Sep 4, 2007
Zach also spent his free time mutilating animals while in college. Who is going to help my sister pay for her children to go to college? you sorry excuses for a human. i hope you rot in hell.
Curious

Marshall, MO

#5 Sep 30, 2007
Was he really drunk? Have blood tests proven that?
someone who knows him

United States

#6 Oct 28, 2007
Zach was NOT drunk and has already paid for what happened. He has had problems in the past, but the past is the past. Accidents happen. He is a great person, and doesnt deserve to be talked about in this manner, by people who do not know him.
You are an adult, grow up!
someone who knows him

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2007
I would also like to say that an accident is just that, an accident. Ruining someone else's life wont bring him back. An eye for an eye is whats become of this sad world now. IHYRIH
texlonghorn10

Topeka, KS

#8 Nov 5, 2007
UMMM how bout that jackass give them sum distance or get over!sounds like zach is a bad apple thats still irresponsibe in his life and on the road and he may not have been drunk but that aint all he could have been on!well im all for the family making this kid pay dearly he hasnt paid for what he did.and to "SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HIM" its sad to see u defend ur friend like its a fender bender he took a father from his kids most important.and its easy for u to dispell the eye for an eye but when it happens to u let me know what u think then..honestly if it was me i woulda took care of him myself!! believe that that aint no accident what he did thats called a diaster waiting to happen and it did!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffey County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matthew Vander Linden Released..... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Concerned BHS Mom 1
News Wolf Creek nuclear accident would need testing ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 mamasnothappy 1
News Rainbow Meadows to celebrate 5th anniversary wi... (Apr '12) Apr '12 apartment cleaning 1
News Fatal fire's cause undetermined (Jun '10) Jun '10 Shawn Roebuck 1
US man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Amy 1
More from around the web