Illegal immigrants sue over 'abusive'...

Illegal immigrants sue over 'abusive' employment

There are 25 comments on the WMC-FM story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Illegal immigrants sue over 'abusive' employment. In it, WMC-FM reports that:

A federal lawsuit accuses a cheese company in Manchester of treating 12 illegal immigrant employees abusively and wrongly having them arrested when they demanded back pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC-FM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ILLEGALS GO HOME

Franklin, TN

#1 Oct 18, 2008
That's what you get when your here illegally. Whether the accusations are true or not, if you don't like the job, go home.

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 18, 2008
http://www.topix.com/news/immigration/2008/10...

already has a link. Come on over.
Cheyenne Z

Canyon Country, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2008
It is against the law, in this nation, for criminals to profit off of any crime they have committed.
If an illegal alien was working in the USA illegally, not paying taxes, or using any sort of bogus social security number (a felony crime), then those illegal aliens are not allowed, by law, to profit off of that crime, and therefore are not allowed to collect any funds generated through an illegal act.

All illegal aliens are subject to arrest and deportation at any time, as specified by US federal law. They entered the US illegally, or overstayed a visa, both of which are violations of US law.
They are Present in Violation of Law, which is a deportable offense.
By all rights, those illegal aliens should be arrested and deported.

This is typical SPLC in the "poverty pimp" business.

They don't really care about any illegal aliens, they just checked the assets of the Durrett Cheese Sales Inc., and decided that it has enough money for them to extort money from, to line their own pockets.

In other words, if the company had no assets, the SPLC would not have filed this suit.

Because the SPLC believes they can file a suit, and the Durrett Cheese Sales, Inc, will pay them to "go away", or settle out of court, for X million, to avoid bad publicity, or long drawn out legal fees, then the SPLC takes 60% off the top, the illegal aliens get their $5.00 an hour that they claim they didn't get paid, which would be what?
$5 an hour =$200 a week =$800 a month (each)
X 12 employees =$9,600 in total.

Here's the deal, no illegal alien is going to stick around and keep working past one month if they did not get paid for that month. It's too easy for them to just take off and go stay with their "cousin" in California (where they all have family).
So, no doubt the total income for all 12 was, at most $9,600 and that is before taxes, so you can subtract about $1,500 from that.
Total amount due to the bunch, most likely about $8,000.

Total amount of lawsuit?
Most likely at least $1,000.000.
Total amount the SPLC will get?
Most likely 60% off the top, about $660,000.
Total amount the SPLC is going to give the 12 plaintiffs?
Most likely about $8,000 (the amount they are owed).
Total amount that "disappears" into someone at SPLCs pocket?
Most likely about $332,000.

As soon as they get the money the illegals are going to get hustled out of here by the SPLC, as fast as they can get them out, with their $660 each.

The SPLC is sueing this company for what probably amounts to a total of $8,000 or less.

Every employee that has proof that they are owed back wages is protected by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment Standards Administration, Wage and Hour Division.

Why is this not filed thought proper Dept of Labor process?
Because the plantiffs are illegal aliens, they probably got paid in cash, and never filed any taxes; or else they used stolen social security numbers, in which case they committed felony crimes.

The SPLC knows this, and doesn't want those illegal aliens to be charged with those felony crimes, because then the SPLC will not get any "lawsuit money".

This is a shake down, plain and simple.
Tantamount to extortion.

I think the Durrett Cheese Sales, Inc, needs to explain why illegal aliens were working for them in the first place.
It is against the law, in this nation, to hire illegal aliens.

As for the SPLC, can you spell - S C U M ??
Go Durrett Cheese

Kingsport, TN

#4 Oct 23, 2008
When is the world going to realize that if we keep giving rights to illegal aliens that don't pay taxes or go thur the proper process, that this country is going to continue down hill. If they want to live in America then do what every American who is here legally does, pay for your own health insurance or at least pay taxes, don't expect everything just handed to you. What other country would put up with what Americans have?
And it they want all the freedoms of Americans then learn English also. Don't come here expecting what you want, don't change our holidays, don't expect our lanuage to be change to make you happy. It's time we all take a stand and be heard. If any illegal aliens want to see what America is all about, then serve time in the service earn your right to protect the USA.
When is enough, Enough?
Personally I'm tired of working my self to death, tired of not having a voice for fear of being politically correct- Enough is Enough. Everyone wants to speak of fairness, what about the average Joe who has worked all their life and pays for their home, insurance on health and car and trying to feed their family.
Once people stand up and challages all this maybe it will finally stop.
Let's hope so, or else we may be going to Mexico. Do you think the Mexican people will give us everything we want?
Just food for though.
go durrett

Oneida, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Maybe they should have left when they were told to leave and they would not have been arrested. They were given many warnings.
ANON

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 30, 2008
bunch of greasy little bastards. you decide if it's the cheese guys or the aliens. LOL
an american

Lakeland, FL

#7 Oct 30, 2008
just a bunch of beaners whining and drooling probably (farti*ng) from all those greasy lard beans, That is abusive and enviormently unfriendly. all they need to do is light one of those beaner farts aim south and let fly!!!
GRIM REAPER

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 1, 2008
Just because they are not citizens,does that mean they can be treated as sub human?
Pisses Me Off

Brentwood, TN

#9 Nov 2, 2008
I hate it when people say they have Constitutional Rights when they are not citizens of this country. The Constitution protects American citizens only. Don't use my court system and my tax money to sue for something you had no right to do in the first place.
GRIM REAPER

Louisville, KY

#10 Nov 6, 2008
Pisses Me Off wrote:
I hate it when people say they have Constitutional Rights when they are not citizens of this country. The Constitution protects American citizens only. Don't use my court system and my tax money to sue for something you had no right to do in the first place.
They have huamanatarian rights you dumbass. Lock up the cheese man.
spud

United States

#11 Nov 6, 2008
Southern Poverty law center s=cks. Illegal aliens s=ck. Durrett was probably aware that these employees were illegal before the protest and if that is true - they s=ck. Lock them all up for conspiracy against the USA.
GRIM REAPER

Louisville, KY

#12 Nov 6, 2008
You s+ck.
What Happened

Louisville, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2008
Does anyone know what happened a the nov 3rd hearing in Winchester?
jolly roger

Sparta, TN

#14 Sep 28, 2009
The problem of illegals coming to work in this country , taking citizens jobs , could be solved very simply. Require the employers to use E-Verify and fine them heavily if they did not confirm legal status or knowingly hired a person of illegal status. The problem arises from the fact that those in power and have more wealth want to exploit the cheap labor to break unions and keep the wages of real citizens as low as possible.

Rico from East Los

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#15 Sep 28, 2009
Abusive employers are everywhere.
T rose

San Angelo, TX

#16 May 5, 2010
They have no U.S. citizent rights because they are here ILLEGALLY. They have tipped their hand that they are here illegally so ship them back from where they came from. U.S. citizens in Mexico are being tortured and sold into white slavery. They should count themselves blessed that we haven't done the same to them.
T rose

San Angelo, TX

#17 May 5, 2010
GRIM REAPER wrote:
<quoted text>They have huamanatarian rights you dumbass. Lock up the cheese man.
grim reaper listen up... we give humanitarian rights while U.S. citizens are being tortured and raped in Mexico and sold into slavery. Get a clue... rights are for U.S. Citzens and should not waste any more money than we already owe to defend people that don't belong here and bring their lawlessness here... so I think you are the dumbass.
Mamma Jamma

Huntingdon, TN

#19 Jun 17, 2010
GRIM REAPER wrote:
<quoted text>They have huamanatarian rights you dumbass. Lock up the cheese man.
How much more humanitarian must the US get toward the fu*king illegals????? They've been allowed to suck our economy dry, get welfare, foodstamps, medicaid and make demands for things they are not entitled to. They're even allowed to stage protests at which they fly the American flag upside down. The minute these mf'ers invade our borders they forfeit the right to anything....much less humanitarian rights, you stupid SOB!
I think the cheese company is very much in the wrong for hiring the illegals as well and should face some type of prosecution. Illegal is illegal regardless of who is committing the crime.
sunny

Cleveland, TN

#21 Sep 13, 2011
i dont mind spanish being here as long as they are legal!, but theyve taken alot of our jobs here, their tax free!i think!, but for some reason they need to go from place to place seeing if they are legal!if their not send them home! no wonder people cant find work, alll kinds of nationalities are coming here and living!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 14, 2011
Too funny...the attorney's in the case will take 33% or more...they should be refused standing since they aren't "legally" allowed to work here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
.............. Corporate Welfare in Tennessee Aug '16 Tenn 1
News Donny Everett, Vanderbilt Pitcher, Dies at Age 19 (Jun '16) Jun '16 TommyDore 1
News Statutory rape charge filed against a Coffee Co... (Feb '15) Apr '16 BrightEyes 7
Tenn. Ranks Top 10 Again - Men who Murder Women (Sep '15) Sep '15 woman 1
***** Tennessee Legislators URGE State Attorne... (Jul '15) Jul '15 landowner 1
News Mother in Manchester Accused of Breaking Arms a... (Feb '10) Feb '15 lil creep 7
News Coffee Co. Mother Charged With Pimping Teen Dau... (Jan '13) Feb '15 black slayer 2
More from around the web