MeMe

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Jan 31, 2008
What does it take to get the Coffee County DEFCS to wake up and protect our children? More money or less paperwork?
amen

Annandale, MN

#3 Oct 30, 2009
you know i went to the defcs and reported something. i told the lady who they could talk to for more information on it and for them not to talk to this certain person because they would say it wasn't true because they need a baby setter so they could go to the club. this person don't care about this child.they know that it is proable true. the defcs said the cild didn't act like she has been mess with and told me if i felt she was being mess with for me to go to the police.they didn't even investagate.i believe in my heart that she is and i hope that god makes him suffer
why you trippin

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2011
those are some hard working ladies at DFCS...they put in long hours and get very little pay for doing it. These ladies are very dedicated to their work and making sure that children are safe. I don't think that anyone has a right to talk about DFCS because they do a lot for children and families. Maybe you should take a walk in their shoes...Oh and by the way less paperwork and more money wouldn't hurt! What if it's your children they are out there trying to protect?
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#5 Mar 16, 2011
some who were there a few years ago are no longer there. i will have to say there was 2 or 3 that was in the wrong profession. i think its better
now than back then. but i dont really know.
Retired teacher

Perry, GA

#6 Mar 16, 2011
Whenever an abuse case is reported, DFACS investigates. The case is reviewed, and if it's proven, it is turned over to the court system and the Grand Jury. The grand jury votes on whether to prosecute or not. In order to have a child abuse case prosecuted, there must be absolute proof of wrong-doing, in other words, someone willing to testify. Sometimes kids are torn when the abuser is a family member.

Kids blame themselves for the abuse because that is usually what the abuser tells them. They have mixed feelings of love and hate for the abuser, and most of all, fear that it will happen again. So they don't tell. They cover up.

The DFACS ladies that I have dealt with in the past are 100% for the kids....true child advocates. Their hands are tied by the system unless the abuse is blatant and the abuser is known. Any doubt will cloud the case
unknown

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Mar 16, 2011
why you trippin wrote:
those are some hard working ladies at DFCS...they put in long hours and get very little pay for doing it. These ladies are very dedicated to their work and making sure that children are safe. I don't think that anyone has a right to talk about DFCS because they do a lot for children and families. Maybe you should take a walk in their shoes...Oh and by the way less paperwork and more money wouldn't hurt! What if it's your children they are out there trying to protect?
Ha I think this comment is so funny considering how many people get denied for food stamps medicaid and any other help. Not to mention I have called myself and reported someone that was abusing their children, & selling their food stamps and NOTHING was ever done about it, they still have their kids and the people who are good to their kids and take care of their kids and wouldn't harm their kids are the only ones who have dcfs at their front door. I agree that they do not take the precautions they need to take whenever they get calls about child abuse, molestation and or selling their benefits.
DFCS is WRONG

Calhoun, GA

#8 Jul 5, 2011
DFCS does do alot of things that they really dont have the power to do and lots of times come up with their own version of what happened instead of taking the time to investigate. DFCS is not here to help. The only families they mess with are the ones willing to coperate with them thinking that they are doing the right thing because those are the families they have the easiest access to. A person really treating or doing their child wrong will hide and DFCS doesnt take the time to "hunt" them down so they close their case. DFCS is the sorriest "program" or whatever you would call it ive ever seen in my life. The only time they really help a child is after something has already happened to them and the courts get involved they prevent NOTHING only normal people from living normal lives. Maybe if they would investigate the uncoperative families more and the coperative families less they might could prevent a huge percentages of "abuse" they def. look for the easy way out and more money and less paper work they arent committed to their jobs ha! They are only committed to the easy money. Think about it really theyre only good after something has already happened not preventing it from happening so what are they there for? I think DFCS shouldnt even be a department i mean i can figure out who's not being a good parent after the child is already abused a 4 year old can figure that out. pathetic! DFCS should stick to handling medicaid and foodstamps that's the only help theyve ever gave the public.
pisces312

Grinnell, IA

#9 Aug 12, 2011
Why don't some of you apply for a job and see if you could make a difference?
unsilent majority

Flowery Branch, GA

#10 Aug 18, 2011
if you ppl would get off your a$$ and get a job instead hanging on the block everyday you'd be alot better off.
shelbi

United States

#11 Feb 9, 2012
How would you know what dfacs has or hasn't done? Unless its your case you have no idea how it was handled. Snatchin kids ain't always the answer just because you mad at somebody and want to see the person lose their kids. Is that why you hollerin dfacs don't do nothing? Cause they didn't do what you think is best? Sometimes they try to help folks get it together without taking the kids away. Some people just need to sthu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five arrested on drug charges in Douglas (Apr '15) Feb 16 Trolling 19
Highest paid Physician in Coffee Co (Sep '15) Feb 12 Convict 3
News Sheriff: 10-year-old shot by deputy during capt... (Jul '14) Feb 5 Tolerman 79
Crooked preachers Feb 5 311-Kan 1
shady acres (Sep '10) Nov '16 maddaughter 10
This goes out to the spell man from pridgen Aug '16 Lord be with you 1
dead beat dads and moms (Jul '08) Aug '16 Proud dad 20
More from around the web