Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

A couple of months ago I was having lunch at a restaurant when I over heard nursing students from the college going over tests & answers for an upcoming test . I know they were Nursing students because they were wearing the uniforms. They were blatantly laughing and talking about how they were going to cheat their way through school. I kept my mouth shut, but a few weeks ago I asked my neighbor, a nursing student who goes to the college, if she knew anything about it. She said yes that everyone there knew it and she told me that she had been told that the Instructors also knew it. See apparently it looks good on those instructors the more success rate they have in the students that passes their class. Is this the kind of nurses we want someday taking care of us? I certainly don't. What ever happened to working hard, studying hard for your grades?. I for will be looking to see who graduates from our local college and will be sure to steer far from them!! I want a nurse who knows whats they are doing and not one who " breezed" through with answers in hand.
Been there done that

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Its well known how some of them get though the course there. Cheat sheets are flying off the printers like hotcakes.
unknown

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

After the test are taken, they are never seen again after review of the test. There are no copies flying around. Some are making study test and trying to remember questions from the test to help other people out, can you remember 50 questions after a test and remember 50 anwers? Think about it! And during testing we are watched like hawks! And for people that this may be possible for them to cheat .....do you think you will see them? If they cheat through....cant cheat through State Boards, so you probably wont see them anyway. Find something better to talk about!
Unknown too

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

in response unknown yes it is possible to cheat. And how, let me tell you. The students got together and each one was assigned a question to memorize. After the test, they all got together and wrote down what they memorized.Everyone knew the instructors were too lazy to change the test questions , b/c that means that they would actually have to do something besides read from a power point in the class room. I am talking about second yr Instructors, 1st yr were great and fair. And how do I know that the tests were done like this? B/c I am one who helped with the tests! The students are using the same tests that been going around for the last 3 yrs!! So YOU DO YOU JOB AND TEACH
unknown

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Ok so if they are, if you put it like that THEN that means their not actually helping themselves but someone else who may take the test later. So you actually "unknow too" helped make these test? WOW! I would like to see how far those students actually get, because once again you wont have a test to cheat off of with boards. All I have then is there are still plenty of honest people in these nursing classes that have NOTHING to do with it!They actually are in the nursing profession because they truely care for people and some just care about the money, those "nurses" will not make it long in this profession because its definately not the money that makes it worth while!
Concerned SGC student

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

Okay, let's set the record straight, shall we? First off, I'd like to mention that, if you were actually in the Nursing program, like me, you would understand that cheating is next to impossible. This is because the instructors shred each test that they use once the test has been given. That said, what was overheard was probably some students harmlessly joking around. Now, there are "tests" that come from our NCLEX books. While some instructors pull test questions from these books, as well as from other resources, the fact is that those books are made available to us as a tool. However, there MAY be students cheating (which is HIGHLY doubtful), and the NCLEX exam that we take after graduation will surely tell the truth. Keep in mind that the NCLEX exam CANNOT be cheated. While this may have been a harmless joke, knocking the SGC Nursing program was certainly uncalled for. This is a prime example of how people thrive on gossip in order to create chaos anyway possible. Next time, one should base their stories on fact, NOT opinion.
unknown

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

SGC student, nicely said! Thank you!
SGC nursing student 2

Abbeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

unknown wrote:
SGC student, nicely said! Thank you!
if this was true why is the failing rate so high? Also why don't everyone have A's instead of worrying if they have a 75 or better at the end of every semester!!
unknown1303

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Oh I agree... but you know we ALL work hard for our 75s... but you know what, the Final test, the NCLEX will be like a sore tooth for them... I'm also a nursing student, and I don't believe for one minute that someone is stupid enough to even try to attempt this... and for those of us that has studied our behinds off for our mediocre B's & C's... i'll take an honest B or C anyday...
unknown1303

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Agreeing to what nursing student 2 said... and those instructors are NOT lazy, they work hard to be available to us and to make sure that we understand the material... they utilize numerous resources and make them available to us as well...
wait-a-minute

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Concerned student, I agree with you.
theREAL Concerned Citizen

Reidsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Judged:

A few of my friends are in the nursing program at SGC. And I can assure you that they have, and still are, working their butts off to EARN passing grades. There have been many tears shed over the possiblity that they may not pass tests or classes. It's only through hard work, dedication, a lot of sleepless nights of studying and tons of prayers that these students have made it this far. Frankly, I am amazed at how much they have to go through and how much commitment they have. I'll be the first one to admit that I don't think I could do it.

I'm sure there are a few who have used "less than honorable" ways to get to where they are. But those people won't make it very far. But to make a blanket statement that all the nursing students are cheaters and aren't reliable as nurses is a terrible insult and a slap in the face to a lot of people working hard to do a job that very few people can do. It takes love, compassion and a TON of knowledge to be a good nurse.

I'm sure if "Concerned Citizen" found themself in a life-or-death medical emergency, they will be asking the nurses tending to them which school they attended. And if any of the nurses went to SGC, I know "Concerned Citizen" will refuse treatment and go somewhere else. Right?
bevcleary-ramona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

Of course...
SGC nursing graduate: sir or ma'am, you're O2 sats are dropping. They we're 94%, but now they are 72% and holding... we're going to try this mask called a non- rebreather first to see if we can get them back up, if this doesn't work, we may have to intubate you- you know put a tube down so the ventilator can help you breathe, and get your O2 sats back up.
Concerned citizen:(while they're a little blue in the face, literally, they grab the SGC graduate nurse arm and say)(through gasps, they manage to speak these words) Whhhhaaattt... ssssccccchhhhoooollll ddddiiiddd yyyooouuu gggrrraaaddduuaaatttee fffrrrooommm" ?
SGC nursing graduate: South Georgia College sir, but that isn't what's important, you don't need to try and talk, we're trying to help you breathe"
Concerned citizen:(now grey, from trying to interrogate the nurse) gasps while the nurses and the" 3" respiratory therapists, the Rapid Response Team try and save this persons life... because they were too "concerned" about what school their nurse went too...
Pt was intubated for 3 days, because they had "impaired gas exchange", "ineffective breathing pattern" "decreased lung capacity, compliance", " ineffective coping patterns", "Anxiety r/t worrying about the unknown"... came off vent after 3 days and thanked their SGC nusrse graduate and the team for a saving their life....
The End ;)
Concerned Citizen

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

it seems you all are getting riled up over a comment I made. Read what I said. And yes, if I knew any of the nurses that cheated, I WOULD ask for another nurse and pray that this one had some common sense and passed on her own with "help". I realize that being a student in the nursing program may be difficult,and I believe there are some that actually do pass on their own, but as with any other profession there are those that DO cheat and if you think its impossible to cheat in the nursing program then you are a fool.
Unknown too

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

yes I helped with those tests and YES I passed the NCLEX and YES I work at a local hospital. So what? I did what I had to do, sure wasn't getting TAUGHT anything in that nursing class. It seemed ridiculous to me to pay outrageous fees just to be " taught" by someone who reads from a power point. If those Instructors actually did their jobs, people wouldn't have to resort to cheating. BTW we also had the same test banks the instructors pulled test questions from, too. Wonder how we did that?
4 real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

So unknown too have you killed anyone yet, maybe you're one of those nurses that no one likes to get report from, because they know you're too lazy to do your job correctly because like concerned citizen, I wouldn't want you taking care of me. Hopefully for my sake, you won't have to. And for the record, I actually learned a lot from those classes. Maybe you we're just too lazy to WANT to learn. Which makes it hard for other students coming along. And the fact that you're bragging about this shows what kind of person you are.
unknown too

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

4 real... I wasn't to lazy to learn, but when you are in a class, and you have a question and ask your instructor and they say " its in your book, look it up.. or google it" didnt really help me. Its like pulling teeth trying to get one of those instructors to explain things to you. And God forbid that you had questions at post test review concerning your test, b/c they would NEVER really tell you why the answer was right or wrong! You basically TEACH YOURSELF. I don't even know why they have those 2 instructors there...anyway.. I have not killed anyone, but I did what they said to do.. Fake it til I make it... so I did.
student nurse

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

I am a student nurse attending SGC. I will hopefully graduate this May. I happen to know for a fact that there is cheating going on, or at least it was last semester. I know this b/c some of my friends had the cheats themselves. I saw it myself. I am one who was tempted, but did NOT take the cheat sheets. I want to get through school on my own hard work, not by having it basically handed to me. The Instructors knew about the cheating. I was told that several students went to the Instructors to complain, nothing was done. The tests were never changed, if they were changed, it was only a few questions that were redone. Its easier to look the other way than it is to make up 50 question tests. Even if it does come from books.
geneva

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Judged:

Well I know that nurses has cheated And I Also know for a fact that they ( SGC Nursing Instructors) has passed students that were failing b/c they either work with the students in the hospital or b/c they just liked them . I also know for a fact that there is a nurse that works in the CRMC ER that has a felony against her. SGC knew about this felony and still passed her anyway. The reason she was passed is b/c they " felt sorry for her". I know this b/c this nurse is someone I know personally. I wonder why CRMC does not do background checks on these people. It amazes me how all this is allowed to go on just b/c these students are "liked". My advice is to go to out of town hospitals. At least you stand a better chance there.ABAC trained nurses are trained & treated the same. There is no favoritism shown there regardless of who you are. My training there was excellent. Now I know a few nurses that have graduated SGC and are good nurses. But I also know that certain student nurses gets away with things like failing all b/c who they know. Yes this goes on there. I should know. my best friend was a student at SGC and she told me all about it last year.
HEY

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

unknown find you smething else to be nosey about and leave those students alone.......you might have heard the wrong thing so go smewhere else and eat and stop nosing ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coffee County Discussions

Search the Coffee County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Manhunt underway for Douglas cop shooter 9 hr questioning 1
Douglas officials investigate multiple fires, a... Wed cp 4
Young child drowns in Douglas Jun 24 cor 2
Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit announces 9 arrests Jun 15 Kandygirl 8
Arrest made in Douglas murder (Sep '13) Jun 11 Concerned 32
Mandy Smith (Nov '13) May '14 say what 2
One charged in convenience store robbery May '14 Lakasha Davis 2
•••
•••