Cockfighter Suing Humane Society

Full story: WTVC Chattanooga
A Cocke County, TN, man whose roosters were killed during a massive raid on a cock fighting pit filed suit against the U.S. Humane Society. Full Story
mike bradley

Lula, GA

#1 Jul 6, 2006
i am really appauled by all the bad publicity that cocke county is getting about the corruption in connection with the june 05 cockfight raid. the people of cocke county ought to really stand up and in the court battles concerning the killing of todd webbs rooster award many hundreds of thousands of dollars for the wrongly destruction of the roosters. i was born in cocke county and grew on the jefferson/cocke line and i love that part of the world. that is GODS country. i happen to be a breeder and shower of gamefowl and i love the sport of cockfighting. it is pitiful to see how much power that the humane society has and how that the law enforcement agencies yield to them and are willing to spend about 1/2 million dollars so that they can kill about 300 roosters. as a worse case sernio at least 1/2 of the 300 roosters would have lived and went on to live a productive life as breeders, but no the humane society is so hung up on killing that they satisy their lust for murder by killing all of the roosters.i am a disabled vietnam veteran from cocke and while i was willing to put my life on the line and serve my country for us to have rights i would like to ask where are my rights that i served in vietnam ? do i have any rights? it looks like that i have no rights, is it more important for the humane society to hae my rights taken away than it is for me to be able to sit and watch 2 game roosters fight? who made the humane society GOD as to what living creatures that they can kill and those that they dont kill. what about a rat is a rat or cockroach on a lowere level that the chicken? every time you put a bite of chicken in your mouth dont you know that somene of something had to kill the chicken, does that manke that person guilty of spectator at a cockfigh? we need to get our priorities right and get off the cockfighters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cocke County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Newport alderwoman facing new criminala Nov 18 intheknow 8
Topix Format Annoying Nov 1 Goomba 1
Murder Trial State vs. Candice Griffin 5/22 (Jun '13) Oct 28 A Castillo 10
Grassy Fork Jul '14 BJR 1
TBI investigating allegations Cocke County high... Jul '14 all criminals 4
county mayor (May '14) May '14 loopy 1
No church for service dog--Mikayla Lewis (Aug '13) Apr '14 george wallace 21

Cocke County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE