Fatal Accident Blocks Traffic on I-75...

Fatal Accident Blocks Traffic on I-75 South

There are 21 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Feb 9, 2008, titled Fatal Accident Blocks Traffic on I-75 South. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Emergency workers in Cobb County are reportedly on the scene of a fatal accident on I-75, in the southbound lanes between Highway 5 and the North 120 Loop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SevenCentCricket

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 9, 2008
Okay--- this was several hours ago. No update?
We were getting on 75 South from the North Loop and they were redirecting traffic off 75 at the North Loop and back at at the North Loop (straight across the intersection). It was quite eerie to not have people barreling down my backside as I was merging onto 75 South. Sad to hear someone lost their life.
lilac0422

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2008
Why no update? I am very curious what caused us to sit on 75 for 3 hours. Anyone?
cry baby

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 16, 2008
lilac0422 wrote:
Why no update? I am very curious what caused us to sit on 75 for 3 hours. Anyone?
Someone lost their life buttwipe!
cindys

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2008
cry baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone lost their life buttwipe!
And yet the odds are so great that it was some moron that was in too big of a hurry to drive safely.
Phil

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Oct 16, 2008
actually i called 911 when i saw this happen because it happened right next to me
Hill

Marietta, GA

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Phil wrote:
actually i called 911 when i saw this happen because it happened right next to me
Did you see anything?...what cars were involved??
Hill

Marietta, GA

#7 Jan 14, 2009
Did you see how it happened?...keeps us informed
AmandaM

Snellville, GA

#8 Aug 2, 2009
Phil wrote:
The police are looking for anyone with any information could you please help that was a friend of mine who was driving that truck last night please contact Cobb County Police department with any information that may help them...PLEASE
unknown

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 2, 2009
Hey Cindy, that "moron" was a good friend of mine. Why don't you watch what you say before you say it since you have no idea what happened. He and his best friend who was also killed were great guys and will always be remembered for that. RIP guys, we love you!
SweetLou

Deland, FL

#10 Aug 8, 2010
SevenCentCricket wrote:
Okay--- this was several hours ago. No update?
We were getting on 75 South from the North Loop and they were redirecting traffic off 75 at the North Loop and back at at the North Loop (straight across the intersection). It was quite eerie to not have people barreling down my backside as I was merging onto 75 South. Sad to hear someone lost their life.
All,

Last night 8/7/10 I will hit on 475 near Macom at 11:45pm. I was in the center lane, the dark blue car was passing me on the left hand side, he hit the wall, and hit me in the drivers side door, pushing me off the road on onto the shoulder on the right hand side. He left the sceen and I need help tracking this person down. I was in a white Mini van.
Angela

Jasper, GA

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Phil wrote:
What happened?
josh

United States

#12 Nov 20, 2010
we were in the center lane, came over the ridge to see traffic stopping for what looked like a huge accident. we were only about 20 cars back from the front, but the view was blocked by semi-truck trailers. we sat at a complete stand still for a little over 2 1/2 hours. by the time they did get the left lane cleared for traffic, the only accident vehicle left at the scene was a totally crushed silver/grey sedan on the back of a flat bed tow truck. would like to know what happened, a feel horrible for the loss of life and for the family and friends that are having to go thru the aftermath of this accident.
passer by

United States

#13 Jan 3, 2011
unknown wrote:
Hey Cindy, that "moron" was a good friend of mine. Why don't you watch what you say before you say it since you have no idea what happened. He and his best friend who was also killed were great guys and will always be remembered for that. RIP guys, we love you!
I am so sorry for your loss...please know we said a prayer as we passed the accident scene. I hope you and your friends and family find some peace...
Penny

United States

#14 Mar 29, 2011
cindys wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the odds are so great that it was some moron that was in too big of a hurry to drive safely.
Every accident is not caused by some moron in too big of a hurry to drive safely! For your information the driver of the truck is known by my husband, he is an older driver with years of experience and the accident was due to faulty equipment- find out your information before you start blowing shit out of your mouth** Try to think of everyones feelings-the man is devasted and the family of the young man that was killed does not need to hear bullshit out of the mouth of an uneducated know it all- like my mother taught me when I was a child if you have nothing nice to say or you don't know facts keep your mouth shut!
JB libretto

Dacula, GA

#15 Apr 10, 2011
I helped pull the man and woman out of the car. I was two cars behind them on 1-75 coming home from Tampa Florida.
Eli

Canton, GA

#16 May 9, 2011
Phil what where u driving? If it happened next to u i was the one next to you
PLAID 2000

AOL

#17 May 30, 2011
Eli wrote:
Phil what where u driving? If it happened next to u i was the one next to you
It happened directly in front of me as well. I think I witnessed the beginning of the pile up.
I was in the center lane when a dark red/sedan blew it's back tire. It appeared as if the driver was trying to get over to the shoulder but lost control and came across all the lanes before slamming into the concrete divider......the red car wan then hit by a white car driving in the far left lane.
names

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Jan 2, 2012
does anyone know who was killed?
Dena

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Jun 19, 2012
Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
Every accident is not caused by some moron in too big of a hurry to drive safely! For your information the driver of the truck is known by my husband, he is an older driver with years of experience and the accident was due to faulty equipment- find out your information before you start blowing shit out of your mouth** Try to think of everyones feelings-the man is devasted and the family of the young man that was killed does not need to hear bullshit out of the mouth of an uneducated know it all- like my mother taught me when I was a child if you have nothing nice to say or you don't know facts keep your mouth shut!
We were on our way back from Alabama & we were praying for everyone involved...my heart goes out to the families who lost someone they love .
Dena

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Jun 19, 2012
We were stuck in traffic for an hour...when we passed the scene ..watermelon ,clothes ,coolers and personal items scattered was a horrible sight to see.We saw the car in the ditch and no one in it. everything gone in an instant for the ones who lost their lives.stay safe and prayed up when you travel and always use God as your co pilot.My heart goes out to the families and my prayers are for you daily..God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cobb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cheerleaders to kneel in stadium tunnel during ... Oct '17 25or6to4 1
Deputy Video Aug '17 Deputy Video 1
News Atlanta's next tourist attraction: smart grid s... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Queerville 6
News Beloved former principal Fred Ervin dies at age 56 Aug '17 Tricia 1
News Tax break approved for Tyler Perry's plane outs... Jul '17 Blame the Tax laws 1
News GA: Clayton Heads Into Critical MARTA Vote (Nov '14) Jul '17 POTUS Trump 6
News Bummer: Woman Who Was Face Of Illegal Immigrati... (May '17) May '17 spytheweb 9
More from around the web