Nidec closing Frankfort plant, cuttin...

Nidec closing Frankfort plant, cutting 94 jobs

There are 3 comments on the Indianapolis Business News story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Nidec closing Frankfort plant, cutting 94 jobs. In it, Indianapolis Business News reports that:

St. Louis-based manufacturer Nidec Motor Corp. plans to close its facility in Frankfort, eliminating 94 jobs in the Clinton County community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Business News.

New to Forum

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Big lose to the industrial park but not surprising.
New to Forum

United States

#2 Jun 22, 2011
"loss"
Whatever

Michigantown, IN

#3 Jun 22, 2011
Apparently technology has changed and the production that happened here was the old school stuff.

I wonder if they asked the county or state for help financially to potentially re-tool?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wind Turbines every 1/8 mile from 200 E to 800 ... May '16 Bo_Michaels 1
How bad is Clinton Central? (Jan '16) Jan '16 wowser 1
News Frankfort man charged after dangerous car chase (Nov '15) Dec '15 Uh huh 12
News Inmates express themselves through art (Jul '14) Jul '14 Tidbit 1
News Frankfort PD enforcing face-to-face visits with... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Civilian 44
News TIF Districts will help develop Clinton County (Jun '14) Jun '14 rest aasured 5
News Frankfort officials hope to become 'food hub' (Apr '14) May '14 chester cheetah 6
More from around the web