Mother gets prison time in fatal negl...

Mother gets prison time in fatal neglect death

There are 9 comments on the Journal & Courier story from Nov 15, 2011, titled Mother gets prison time in fatal neglect death. In it, Journal & Courier reports that:

Patience Kuhlman, 31, of Frankfort, was sentenced to 10 years behind bars Monday for her role in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Keaton Kuhlman, who died of massive head trauma in 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal & Courier.

Walter

Carpentersville, IL

#1 Dec 13, 2011
Sad Day!
Sad

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 3, 2014
The mother is already out. How sad is that? Saw her walking around Wal-Mart.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#3 Feb 3, 2014
Sad wrote:
The mother is already out. How sad is that? Saw her walking around Wal-Mart.
So you don't believe in moving on after one pays their debt to society?

Just curious
Hop

Toledo, OH

#4 Feb 4, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in moving on after one pays their debt to society?
Just curious
So if you borrow $10,000 from a bank and only pay back $2,000 can you say you paid your debt ? Just curious
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#5 Feb 4, 2014
Hop wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you borrow $10,000 from a bank and only pay back $2,000 can you say you paid your debt ? Just curious
What kind of analogy is that?

I don't know her, but the system gave her a judgment, she served it under rules that the govt made, and she's out.

Next....
hmm

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2014
And her accomplice got the same charges, agreed to the same plea agreement and is in jail until 2027? Sounds legit.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#7 Feb 4, 2014
Since he got more time, then I'd say he obviously played a bigger role than the girl did.

Didn't excuse her behavior though.
Sad

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 4, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
Since he got more time, then I'd say he obviously played a bigger role than the girl did.
Didn't excuse her behavior though.
He got more time because the neglect death was his third offence. He was sentenced according to the max standards without any consideration to mitigating circumstances.

He, like the mother, took the plea to have the murder charge dropped.

They both killed the girl through their neglect.

Sad
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#9 Feb 5, 2014
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
He got more time because the neglect death was his third offence. He was sentenced according to the max standards without any consideration to mitigating circumstances.
He, like the mother, took the plea to have the murder charge dropped.
They both killed the girl through their neglect.
Sad
Sounds like the prosecutor and judge failed. What a surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wind Turbines every 1/8 mile from 200 E to 800 ... May '16 Bo_Michaels 1
How bad is Clinton Central? (Jan '16) Jan '16 wowser 1
News Frankfort man charged after dangerous car chase (Nov '15) Dec '15 Uh huh 12
News Inmates express themselves through art (Jul '14) Jul '14 Tidbit 1
News Frankfort PD enforcing face-to-face visits with... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Civilian 44
News TIF Districts will help develop Clinton County (Jun '14) Jun '14 rest aasured 5
News Frankfort officials hope to become 'food hub' (Apr '14) May '14 chester cheetah 6
More from around the web