Police Find Nearly 200 Pot Plants In Home

Mar 15, 2011 Full story: TheIndyChannel 28

A Clinton County man has been arrested after nearly 200 marijuana plants were found growing a Frankfort home, police said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chong

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Mar 15, 2011
Holy Smokes!!!

Since: Mar 11

Bloomingdale, IL

#2 Mar 15, 2011
At least it wasn't a Meth Lab.
praise Him

Frankfort, IN

#3 Mar 16, 2011
Thank the Good Lord that no one was shot during this raid.
Dont Bogart Man

Noblesville, IN

#4 Mar 16, 2011
I hope it was good chit MAN

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 16, 2011
Another victimless 'crime'.

When is our country going to realize that this 'War on Drugs' has been an abject failure? We obviously haven't learned anything from prohibition.

Bloomingdale, IL

#6 Mar 16, 2011
I'm wondering when they're going to start raiding pharmacies and doctors writing unnecessary scrips for pill junkies? How about tightening up on the number of refills one can obtain? It has become an epidemic in our society, yet somehow socially acceptable. As long as it comes from the government, it's okay. Right? I'm so sick of marijuana sharing the same label as other highly dangerous narcotics! If you think marijuana is as bad as meth, pills or even alcohol, you are highly dillusional! Maybe you're on pills?
Dont Bogart Man

Noblesville, IN

#7 Mar 16, 2011
JONAS LENEHAN wrote:
I'm wondering when they're going to start raiding pharmacies and doctors writing unnecessary scrips for pill junkies? How about tightening up on the number of refills one can obtain? It has become an epidemic in our society, yet somehow socially acceptable. As long as it comes from the government, it's okay. Right? I'm so sick of marijuana sharing the same label as other highly dangerous narcotics! If you think marijuana is as bad as meth, pills or even alcohol, you are highly dillusional! Maybe you're on pills?
Wonder when they will outlaw the manufacturing and distribution of alcohol. Alcohol by far has destroyed many more lives and has been far more costly then prescription drugs and or marijuana will ever be. Stop bad mouthing you country HOGHEAD !!
Dont Bogart Man

Noblesville, IN

#8 Mar 16, 2011
punjab wrote:
Another victimless 'crime'.
When is our country going to realize that this 'War on Drugs' has been an abject failure? We obviously haven't learned anything from prohibition.
They realize it;they don't give a $hit

Bloomingdale, IL

#9 Mar 16, 2011
Dont Bogart Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder when they will outlaw the manufacturing and distribution of alcohol. Alcohol by far has destroyed many more lives and has been far more costly then prescription drugs and or marijuana will ever be. Stop bad mouthing you country HOGHEAD !!
I guess you didn't understand my statement.?.? I said marijuana isn't a dangerous narcotic like meth, pills, or ALCOHOL. Here is the difference. When pills are prescribed properly, taken properly and not abused they can have great benefits. Same as alcohol... When enjoyed responsibly, it is a great thing! What the hell is a "Country HOGHEAD?"

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 16, 2011
Dont Bogart Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They realize it;they don't give a $hit
Pretty much agreed. It keeps the prisons filled, which allows the private companies running more and more of the prisons to make more and more money.
tom

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 21, 2011
sh/t now i have to find a new dealer.
lucy clark

United States

#12 Mar 31, 2011
there goes my stash

“Freedom”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 31, 2011
Funny, from the photo in the newspaper it looked as if all the plants where in the earliest stages of growth. charging him with "dealing" would be a bit presumptuous.
Interested Bystander

Frankfort, IN

#14 Mar 31, 2011
Dark Matter wrote:
Funny, from the photo in the newspaper it looked as if all the plants where in the earliest stages of growth. charging him with "dealing" would be a bit presumptuous.
One of the Indy TV stations showed the larger plants.
k Light

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Apr 5, 2011
Dont Bogart Man wrote:
<quoted text>
He said alcohol was more dangerous. Too bad you can't comprehend what you read. Talk about a country HOGHEAD!

Bloomingdale, IL

#17 Apr 5, 2011
k Light wrote:
<quoted text>
He said alcohol was more dangerous. Too bad you can't comprehend what you read. Talk about a country HOGHEAD!
Right?.?.
High Horse

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Apr 5, 2011
JONAS LENEHAN wrote:
<quoted text>Right?.?.
Jonas, I am not saying either of the two is more dangerous than the other but where do you go from alcohol? Nothing you can go up to other than maybe drink a little more often. The problem with marijuana, which I don't have a huge problem with, is that studies have shown time and time again that maijuana leads to more powerful drugs. Such as, cocaine, meth, heroin and many more to name.

That is the only down fall to marijuana. You typically just don't wuit with that illegal drug. The community will suffer alot more if bigger and better drugs exist. By the way, are you going to encourage your new daughter to smoke weed? If not, you won't be mad if a local dealer sells her some weed or gives it to her will you? Just remember partner, if your daughter gets hooked on marijuana and it leads to drugs far more addicitve, just blame yourself. My friend, I know tons and tons of people that drink alcohol and don't hurt a thing. You should be one to say alcohol is ok, you sell it on a regular basis. If alcohol is that bad, then why do you condone it and try to mess peoples lives up? Is it because of money.

That would be sad to say if that is the case. Their cetainly can't be another answer for this.... You sell it.

Bloomingdale, IL

#19 Apr 5, 2011
High Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonas, I am not saying either of the two is more dangerous than the other but where do you go from alcohol? Nothing you can go up to other than maybe drink a little more often. The problem with marijuana, which I don't have a huge problem with, is that studies have shown time and time again that maijuana leads to more powerful drugs. Such as, cocaine, meth, heroin and many more to name.
That is the only down fall to marijuana. You typically just don't wuit with that illegal drug. The community will suffer alot more if bigger and better drugs exist. By the way, are you going to encourage your new daughter to smoke weed? If not, you won't be mad if a local dealer sells her some weed or gives it to her will you? Just remember partner, if your daughter gets hooked on marijuana and it leads to drugs far more addicitve, just blame yourself. My friend, I know tons and tons of people that drink alcohol and don't hurt a thing. You should be one to say alcohol is ok, you sell it on a regular basis. If alcohol is that bad, then why do you condone it and try to mess peoples lives up? Is it because of money.
That would be sad to say if that is the case. Their cetainly can't be another answer for this.... You sell it.
First of all... The notion that marijuana is a "Gateway" drug is an absolute myth. Do some research... Second... I wouldn't encourage my daughter to smoke weed. I will educate her to the best of my ability, and trust she will make decisions based on how I raise her. Third... No one gets "hooked" on marijuana. A number of scientific studies have been done to prove this. Marijuana is not addictive. Once again, do your research. Finally... You say you know "tons and tons of people who drink alcohol and don't hurt a thing." Really? That comment doesn't even deserve a response. How naive... I never said alcohol was bad! I said,(just like anything) it is dangerous if abused. However, enjoyed responsibly, it can be a wonderful thing. Yes, I sell alcohol for the money. Why else would I sell it. But we sell it responsibly and to people who are legal to consume it. You accuse me of trying to "mess people's lives up?" Are you F#*$ING kidding me?!?! Maybe you should have read all of my comments...
Go Jonas

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Apr 5, 2011
OH SNAP!
High Horse

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Apr 6, 2011
JONAS LENEHAN wrote:
<quoted text>First of all... The notion that marijuana is a "Gateway" drug is an absolute myth. Do some research... Second... I wouldn't encourage my daughter to smoke weed. I will educate her to the best of my ability, and trust she will make decisions based on how I raise her. Third... No one gets "hooked" on marijuana. A number of scientific studies have been done to prove this. Marijuana is not addictive. Once again, do your research. Finally... You say you know "tons and tons of people who drink alcohol and don't hurt a thing." Really? That comment doesn't even deserve a response. How naive... I never said alcohol was bad! I said,(just like anything) it is dangerous if abused. However, enjoyed responsibly, it can be a wonderful thing. Yes, I sell alcohol for the money. Why else would I sell it. But we sell it responsibly and to people who are legal to consume it. You accuse me of trying to "mess people's lives up?" Are you F#*$ING kidding me?!?! Maybe you should have read all of my comments...
You are wrong Jonas!! Marijuana is addictive, whether you are addictided to the high or the good feeling it doesn't matter. I will agree that marijuana isn't all that bad and you are right if done in responsible manner it is ok.

I would say if you were a person that can do cocaine, meth, heorin and other drugs in a responsible manner, then should it be ok? Are you for that? Not trying to bash you but I just think all drugs are addictive, so is alcohol, maybe the taste, the drunk feeling, I don't know..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inmates express themselves through art Jul '14 Tidbit 1
Frankfort PD enforcing face-to-face visits with... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Civilian 44
TIF Districts will help develop Clinton County (Jun '14) Jun '14 rest aasured 5
Frankfort officials hope to become 'food hub' (Apr '14) May '14 chester cheetah 6
Council to hear DPW request for $15M toward pot... (May '14) May '14 DavidM 2
Frankfort mayor made great strides, brought new... (Dec '12) Mar '14 Richelle M Lutz 966
Children riding bicycles hit by SUV (Aug '13) Mar '14 Crazy people 18
More from around the web