Tuffy

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Does anyone know if a trial date has been set for those accused of murdering the four members of the Benefield family in 2005?
Gore

Ashland, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

It should be sometime this year.
Tuffy

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

What is taking so long to get a trial going for murders commited over three years ago! Cleburne cannot be that backed up on trials. This is absolutely ridiculous and so hard on the family.
Tired

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

And did you ever stop to think that maybe it's taking so long because there is a lot of work to do? If you were the defendant, facing death, would YOU want them to hurry up and get it done? Or would you want everyone to take their time and give you the fairest possible trial, and maybe a chance at not being executed?
Tuffy

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

What do YOU mean by "hurry up?" It has only been over 3 1/2 years since these horrendous murders! This trial would have been long over by now in most cases. This is by no means a "hurry up" job!
JAS

Jacksonville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

The Trial for one of the accused is set to start in Dec.
Tuffy wrote:
Does anyone know if a trial date has been set for those accused of murdering the four members of the Benefield family in 2005?
RCH

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

To Tuffy in Baltimore, MD:
I live in Cleburne County and YES it can and does take this long and longer to bring a Murder trial to actual court. And yes we do have a good many court cases and with only 1 court room for our county. Unlike Baltimore,MD we are a very SMALL community with very limited resources at our disposal!!!!!
GLS

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Is this case being reported in any printed news media? I would like to keep up with the progress.
DLT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

The trial has been so quiet. No news media and only two write ups in the Anniston Star. It was so publicized at the time of the murders, but the trial has been so quiet. According to the Anniston Star today, one of the defendants was found guilty and the jury recommended, 11-1, for the death penalty. I am not sure how the media has been kept out of this.
Serious

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

What about the murders of Cheri Blair and
Billy Wayne Fordham? Did these people just get forgotten? People who cared about Cheri want
to know why it appears this cold case is just that? Cold. Is ABI not active on this case?
Nove 2004 and no leads, arrests, nada?
Vetwife

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

yeah, what about the murders of Cheri Blair and Billy Wayne Fordham.
No justice for her and people love this young lady very much. A cold case and why?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cleburne County Discussions

Search the Cleburne County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Marines assist: County agencies, people help to... (May '11) May '11 Just folks 1
football (Aug '10) Aug '10 virgo 1
What a Sweet Lady (Aug '10) Aug '10 runner 2
Alabama Voices: Rural roads failing (Mar '09) Jul '10 Ned in bed 13
Al man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Amy 1
County seeks to buy or sell park (Apr '08) Jun '08 Robert 2
Commission hears of road work (Aug '07) Aug '07 albert 1
•••
•••
•••
•••