Tuffy

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Mar 12, 2008
Does anyone know if a trial date has been set for those accused of murdering the four members of the Benefield family in 2005?
Gore

Pell City, AL

#2 Mar 15, 2008
It should be sometime this year.
Tuffy

Ellicott City, MD

#3 Jun 9, 2008
What is taking so long to get a trial going for murders commited over three years ago! Cleburne cannot be that backed up on trials. This is absolutely ridiculous and so hard on the family.
Tired

Anniston, AL

#4 Sep 10, 2008
And did you ever stop to think that maybe it's taking so long because there is a lot of work to do? If you were the defendant, facing death, would YOU want them to hurry up and get it done? Or would you want everyone to take their time and give you the fairest possible trial, and maybe a chance at not being executed?
Tuffy

Ellicott City, MD

#5 Sep 15, 2008
What do YOU mean by "hurry up?" It has only been over 3 1/2 years since these horrendous murders! This trial would have been long over by now in most cases. This is by no means a "hurry up" job!
JAS

Jacksonville, AL

#6 Oct 17, 2008
The Trial for one of the accused is set to start in Dec.
Tuffy wrote:
Does anyone know if a trial date has been set for those accused of murdering the four members of the Benefield family in 2005?
RCH

Mableton, GA

#7 Nov 6, 2008
To Tuffy in Baltimore, MD:
I live in Cleburne County and YES it can and does take this long and longer to bring a Murder trial to actual court. And yes we do have a good many court cases and with only 1 court room for our county. Unlike Baltimore,MD we are a very SMALL community with very limited resources at our disposal!!!!!
GLS

Carrollton, GA

#8 Dec 10, 2008
Is this case being reported in any printed news media? I would like to keep up with the progress.
DLT

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2008
The trial has been so quiet. No news media and only two write ups in the Anniston Star. It was so publicized at the time of the murders, but the trial has been so quiet. According to the Anniston Star today, one of the defendants was found guilty and the jury recommended, 11-1, for the death penalty. I am not sure how the media has been kept out of this.
Serious

Rex, GA

#10 May 28, 2009
What about the murders of Cheri Blair and
Billy Wayne Fordham? Did these people just get forgotten? People who cared about Cheri want
to know why it appears this cold case is just that? Cold. Is ABI not active on this case?
Nove 2004 and no leads, arrests, nada?
Vetwife

Rex, GA

#11 Jun 29, 2010
yeah, what about the murders of Cheri Blair and Billy Wayne Fordham.
No justice for her and people love this young lady very much. A cold case and why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleburne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marines assist: County agencies, people help to... (May '11) May '11 Just folks 1
football (Aug '10) Aug '10 virgo 1
What a Sweet Lady (Aug '10) Aug '10 runner 2
Alabama Voices: Rural roads failing (Mar '09) Jul '10 Ned in bed 13
Al man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Amy 1
County seeks to buy or sell park (Apr '08) Jun '08 Robert 2
Commission hears of road work (Aug '07) Aug '07 albert 1
More from around the web