Homeowner, suspect both shot during home invasion

Dec 21, 2011 Full story: 11Alive

Authorities say a homeowner and a suspect were both shot during a home invasion in an upscale subdivision south of Atlanta.

Full Story

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2011
....Those Elected Officials and Legislators , Who Supported Our Rights To Protect Ourselves in Clayton County, Ga.

Not A Single One in Clayton County !!!

Stand Your Ground Law: SB 396 Crimes; person who is attacked has no duty to retreat; provide immunity from prosecution

The Stand Your Ground Law: SB 396

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 16 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to justification and excuse as a defense to certain crimes, so as to provide that a person who is attacked has no duty to retreat; to provide that such person has a right to meet force with force, including deadly force; to provide for an immunity from prosecution; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/su...

...Please Answer Me This; How many of our legislators, from Clayton County, Lent their support for such a Lawful Right to Defend Your Life and the Lives of your family, in your own home or in Public ?

Representative Roberta Abdul-Salaam - District 74 -Voted No

Representative DODSON - District 75- Not Voting (-)

Representative Gail BUCKNER - 76th district- Voted No

Representative Darryl Jordan - District 77-Voted No

Representative BARNES- HD 78 (D - Jonesboro)-Not Voting (-)

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/vo...

Senator STARR 44TH - Excused (E)

Senator SEAY, 34TH - Voted No

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/vo...

....By the way; This Law has nothing to do with your Rights to Bear Arms. The "Stand Your Ground Law" allows us the right to exercise our rights to self protection without suffering the aftermaths of legal consequences.

Since: Aug 11

Acworth, GA

#2 Dec 21, 2011
This makes me sick! How can they vote no on that??? What would they do if someone invaded their home? They wouldn't want the right to kill? I guess I'd just be spending some time in jail, because if someone breaks in on me and I'm in the house, they are a dead man. Guess I'd be better off not being tried in a Clayton County courtroom though, they'd take one look at my skin color and deem me as racist and throw the book at me... some kinda sick, twisted version of vengeance.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2011
....Before This State Law was passed; The Resident would have submit proof that life threaten danger existed, order to deploy self defense.

...Before this law was passed; I knew of one case, when the homeowner hid under his bed and shot the burglar has the burglar enter the room. The homeowner was charge.

Since: Aug 11

Acworth, GA

#4 Jan 10, 2012
Doesn't Georgia now have the "Stand Your Ground" law?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA: Stakes High in Clayton MARTA Vote Oct '14 Burn Slow 1
Police: Resident fights robbery suspects; 1 shot (Jul '14) Jul '14 its me 1
Tara Blvd Becoming Atlanta's Stewart Avenue. (Feb '09) Jun '14 Its Obvious 18
Clayton County in the Toilet since White Flight... (May '09) Jun '14 KweenBee 101
Grand Jury Investigates Clayton School Board (Apr '08) Feb '14 Nostalgic Moment 25
Jonesboro rape-robbery suspect taken into custody (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 3
Official PIO Position Created (Dec '13) Dec '13 DoubleAction 1
More from around the web