Another Violent Death in Hip-Hop

Another Violent Death in Hip-Hop

There are 6 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 23, 2012, titled Another Violent Death in Hip-Hop. In it, Patch.com reports that:

I thought we learned our lesson after Lesane Parish Crooks, 25, was murdered in 1996.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#1 Jan 29, 2012
(c)rap and hip is for losers and the more dead (c)rappers the better!
Georgia Rebel

Warner Robins, GA

#2 Aug 5, 2012
Good. Its a shame rap is so poplar, I dont know why humans {whites} buy this crap.
Android_User

Valdosta, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2012
Not everyone likes country music. Although there are some very profane artists and songs in the rap/hip-hop genres, there are groups that try to send positive messages through music. One could argue that there are artists or songs that are offensive in any category of music. Unfortunately, most news corporations look dwell on the negative aspects of just about anything they report.
Android_User

Valdosta, GA

#4 Aug 5, 2012
Condemning all songs and artists in a particular genre and casting race in a negative light are the result of ignorance and prejudice. Although I'm a native Valdostan, I often wonder if many groups in this town will ever lose the "them versus us" mentality, see each other as human beings, and accept diversity in terms of opinions, race, religion, etc. One can dream...
billy

Byron, GA

#5 Aug 7, 2012
well, most of those hip hop videos that are getting heavy rotations on tv and getting high ratings almost always dont have any positive things that you can get out of. all the lyrics and messages are all about hood and hussle , getting paid from drugs and women and cars and profane languages and whatnots. they are viewed and listened daily by young people and sometimes these young people need some form of role models they look up to and because these hip hop artist are all they see and listen all day because of the media, they wanna be like them too.

they dont deliver good message to society and certainly they are not good models to be followed by young people. i am against these hip hop artist and their lousy music.
Androi_User

Valdosta, GA

#6 Aug 7, 2012
billy wrote:
well, most of those hip hop videos that are getting heavy rotations on tv and getting high ratings almost always dont have any positive things that you can get out of. all the lyrics and messages are all about hood and hussle , getting paid from drugs and women and cars and profane languages and whatnots. they are viewed and listened daily by young people and sometimes these young people need some form of role models they look up to and because these hip hop artist are all they see and listen all day because of the media, they wanna be like them too.
they dont deliver good message to society and certainly they are not good models to be followed by young people. i am against these hip hop artist and their lousy music.
Billy, you make good points about the mainstream rap/hip-hop genres. It's too bad that the "artists" who produce the most offensive and vitriolic lyrics tend to be the most popular; however, there are increasing numbers of artists on the top 20 who use positive messages and avoid profanity in their music, and they should be celebrated, IMHO. Hopefully there will be some kind of revolution toward more decent lyrics in the urban genres, for there's enough negativity to deal with in real life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clayton County in the Toilet since White Flight... (May '09) Nov '15 HenryRez 111
News GA: Stakes High in Clayton MARTA Vote (Oct '14) Oct '14 Burn Slow 1
News Police: Resident fights robbery suspects; 1 shot (Jul '14) Jul '14 its me 1
Tara Blvd Becoming Atlanta's Stewart Avenue. (Feb '09) Jun '14 Its Obvious 18
News Grand Jury Investigates Clayton School Board (Apr '08) Feb '14 Nostalgic Moment 25
News Jonesboro rape-robbery suspect taken into custody (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 3
Official PIO Position Created (Dec '13) Dec '13 DoubleAction 1
More from around the web