Officer accused of terrorizing citize...

Officer accused of terrorizing citizens, still on force

There are 5 comments on the CBS Atlanta story from Oct 4, 2011, titled Officer accused of terrorizing citizens, still on force. In it, CBS Atlanta reports that:

A Metro Atlanta police officer is accused of being out of control and assaulting the citizens he was sworn to serve and protect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Atlanta.

Vic

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 19, 2011
By MYFOXATLANTA STAFF/myfoxatlanta

ATLANTA - Atlanta police have launched an internal affairs investigation after a northwest Atlanta woman was arrested for a crime she didn't commit.

Teresa Culpepper said an Atlanta police officer mistakenly arrested her on Aug. 21 for an alleged aggravated assault.

“I told them, I said,‘I didn't do it..I don't even know what you're talking about,’” Culpepper said.

Culpepper says the ordeal began when she called police to report her truck was stolen out of her driveway.

In an unusual move, Culpepper says the same officer who had responded to her stolen truck returned to her Hawkins Street house with handcuffs. She said the officer told her she was being arrested for pouring boiling water on Angelo Boyd.

The disabled 46-year-old mother of two said she spent 53 days in jail because she didn’t have enough money to make her bond.

None of the four officers involved in the arrest checked Culpepper’s identification, according to her attorney, Ashleigh Merchant

"She had a Georgia driver's license. They didn't check that," said Merchant.

The only similarities between Culpepper and the alleged suspect is their first name and they are both African-American women.

Her attorney says the four officers involved, including the one who testified before a grand jury, should be held accountable. Culpepper said the officers should be fired, and that she plans to take legal action.

A spokesperson for Atlanta Police Department said the case is being investigated.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_ne...
Vic

Atlanta, GA

#2 Oct 19, 2011
what is going on with APD and also Clayton County PD? When will Mayor Kaseem Reed sit his police chief down and give him a mandate to clean up his police department or join the unemployment line?

When will the Clayton county commissioners realize that Chief Greg Porter is not a real police chief and the officer Michael Hobbs is a real threat to the public?
Vic

Atlanta, GA

#3 Oct 19, 2011
Hire the Boys scouts!! They would do a better job.
fsslsticks

Bradenton, FL

#4 Nov 27, 2012
Hobbs. No chin. No bleepity bleep, badge compensation. Get it? He sure doesn't. Freudian as it comes. Limp dick.
Freethought

Road Town, Virgin Islands, British

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Michael Hobbs is a disgrace....and his chief Porter is a puppet lackey. I sincerely hope that Hobbs and Porter spend the rest of their lives worried about their safety and their familie's safety. This is the terror that they inflicted on others. It should be theirs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Girls Shot in Georgia Drive-by (Oct '09) Nov '17 Gingerbread Man 4
News $50K in human hair stolen (Aug '11) Oct '17 Meagan Lara 9
News Greene board to vote on new schools super (Jun '08) Apr '17 Kanada no better 4
News Police search for unhappy customer who threw fo... (Mar '17) Mar '17 pgh 1
News GSA asks governor to suspend sheriff-elect Vict... (Nov '12) Feb '17 Citizen 6
Who is this pig detective. BRASHEARS? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Citizen 1
Clayton County in the Toilet since White Flight... (May '09) Nov '16 School system 113
More from around the web