fred

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

And another thing, If you wonder why unemployment is so high in Clayton? When your youth go to job interviews just as thugged up as they are on the street would you hire them? I wouldn't.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

....The Illegals, in Clayton County, makes for better neighbors; WHY ?

....They don't complain and they wasn't born with a lazy streak running down their backs.

....The White Politicians also likes the Illegals, because the Illegals takes up space, blocks the Blacks from moving in, and the Illegals don't Vote.....Look at Forest Park !!; Some of the best residents in FP are Illegals.
frustrated homeowner

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Louann Horton formerly of Tara Properties and now (Metro South Properties) may be running a close second place as the worst property manager in the history of real estate! If you want zero oversight of your property and don't mind donating money to the toilet drain..call Louann!
left in 1982

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

I left clayton county for the military in 1982 and came back for a short time in 1987. I left for the military again and did not return again untill 2011 to visit a friend that was still in the area. The place went from a great place to grow up to a POS war zone. It just makes me sick that the place were all my good child hood memories happened is gone forever to be replaced with a place that I did not even reconize. What a shame.
SickofClayco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

I would like to contradict some things that have been posted previously. My house was broken into 3 times that I know of, but guess what? They were poor white trash crackheads!!! The only other white people besides me living in my neighborhood, and they robbed me, stealing ALL my furniture, my copper piping, and even the cords from ALL of my appliances. I have 4 kids and these sorry nasty WHITE crackheads robbed us of all we had. Now I am 30 years old and have lived in Clayton county my entire life and I can't say that me or anyone I know, have had issues with any other race but my own. So what does this mean? That COLOR DOESN'T MATTER!! It may seem to, but let's be real. The reason crime is so high among the black/Hispanic culture here is because the majority of the people here are black and Hispanic! Let's say there's a trailer park, predominantly white. Just a few Hispanics or blacks sprinkled in. The crime rate will be higher among the white people because it is predominantly white! It's not rocket science! So get educated people and stop being so ignorant. And THIS is coming from a white person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

....When was a last time that we ever had our houses broken into by illegals ?
lis

Auburn, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

The whites are RIGHT ON about the blacks. By the way I am a black woman. When(some) blacks move in the trouble start.
lis

Auburn, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

fred wrote:
And another thing, If you wonder why unemployment is so high in Clayton? When your youth go to job interviews just as thugged up as they are on the street would you hire them? I wouldn't.
This is soooooooo very true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

...Unemployment is high in Clayton County, because the youth has this notion that Why work for food, when you can receive more in Food Stamps & Government Assistance, and still able to take illegal drugs, without being tested.

....Most well paying jobs requires drug screening.
tired

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

lived here since 1969,now i know the reason for white flight.clayton county is pure 100 percent ghetto.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

..It's Time to Play The Clayton Riddles Game again !!!!!!!

...Riddle Me with this Pop Quiz :

....Has Clayton County, Georgia, Became Nothing But a Hole In The Wall & Safe Haven for Luring Thugs, Crime, Freeloaders, Misfits, and Lopsided Democrats from Atlanta, Dekalb, and other parts of this Nation ?
sick of saint county

Daleville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

my little brother is a 50th year old disable man. he was jumped on by 3 guys and 1 girl in his drive way. @ ( clayton ) saint police locked him up. because he pulled a gun. no one was shot,and he still can't return to his home. that he been paying for 18 years now.
Resident

Hampton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

My home value has dropped 60% in past ten years here in Clayton County. Can't afford to sell it for that value. Yes, we are armed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Resident, I hear you. Mine went from 150K to 25K. I could not give it away right now. I have 2 Large German Sheppards Patroling the Yard, Cameras, Alarms and Several Loaded Firearms. We now call the house Fort Apache.
anonymous

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Aside from all the negativity on this forum (which I totally understand being a Jonesboro resident) I see a lot of you who were around here before I was born. Being born here in the mid 80s I feel connected to the land and am interested in anything to do with the history at any period but particularly the Battle of Jonesboro. I also enjoy pictures of the area before I was here which are incredibly hard to find.
Any stories? I wonder when the breastworks west of 41 were filled in where houses and parking lots now stand. What a shame. I wish I could come across some pictures of the area or anything to get a general feel of how the land was before it was raped by construction.
Desperate2getout

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Bill in Clayton County wrote:
One only has to view the Discussion topics to see that Clayton County has been taken over by Gangs and Criminals since White residents decided to leave the county in 1994. 15 years later, the county has gone from being a historically racially mixed county to an almost completely black and Hispanic county. Jobs are gone, leadership gone, Achieving school system - Destroyed. Neighborhoods look like 3rd world countries. Many look worse than downtown Detroit of Bosnia. Thugs patrol the streets with one hand holding up there pants and the other on their weapon of choice. Young females walk up and down the streets dressed like Hookers. Foreclosures are everywhere. The roadsides look like landfills in some areas. Crime is up and police protection is down.
I recently had two white neighbors that had been in the neighborhood for over 25 years give up there homes to foreclosure and run for the hills of North Ga to escape the Ghetto which Clayton county has become. So, now I am the last homeowner of my race left in a subdivision that at one time was considered an upper-middle class neighborhood. My House has been burglarized Twice and my RV once. My insurance has gone up 40% since 1994.
Maybe it's about time to Abandon Ship and head North or West as well.
Bill
Bill we hear you. My husband and I have lived in this county for almost 25 years. The last 15 have been hell and we can't get out we owe too much on the house still. I'm at a breaking point with my neighborhood. When other white families started to move out and black families moved in we were not concerned at all, we never thought of it as a negative, we just did not think color. How STUPID and naive that was in hind side. We should have left then when we still had some value in our property. I should seen the writing on the wall the first time a neighbors kid referred to me as a cracker. I am ready to just leave to get my sanity back. Loud noise, crime, disrespect.
I have been threatened at times, teenagers are rampant but even the adults are no better. My neighbors play their rap music so loud, the bass rumbling through every fiber of my body, we have to stay inside to get some peace and quite. People that don't know how it is here in Clayton County GA say just call the police. What a joke. We just called them to ask to enforce the noise ordinance and the operator (Black) said people have the right to play their music. 911 even hang up on us before. I have come to believe that Clayton County wants to drive all white people that are left, out of the county. I'm happy leave soon.
We are reasonable friendly people and I have never seen anything like the downfall of Clayton county. My husband had started a small business 13 years ago had 4 employees at one time now he dissolved his corporation and just works alone now, until we can get the hell out of here. He had customers threatened him, take him to court over nothing and the black court system sides with the food stamp crowd every time.
We're trying to pay off our house this year and then leave. I'm ready to live in a trailer as long as it it away from here in the mountains of Georgia maybe or we move to Texas where some of my husband family lives.
Denise W

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Desperate2getout wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill we hear you. My husband and I have lived in this county for almost 25 years. The last 15 have been hell and we can't get out we owe too much on the house still. I'm at a breaking point with my neighborhood. When other white families started to move out and black families moved in we were not concerned at all, we never thought of it as a negative, we just did not think color. How STUPID and naive that was in hind side. We should have left then when we still had some value in our property. I should seen the writing on the wall the first time a neighbors kid referred to me as a cracker. I am ready to just leave to get my sanity back. Loud noise, crime, disrespect.
I have been threatened at times, teenagers are rampant but even the adults are no better. My neighbors play their rap music so loud, the bass rumbling through every fiber of my body, we have to stay inside to get some peace and quite. People that don't know how it is here in Clayton County GA say just call the police. What a joke. We just called them to ask to enforce the noise ordinance and the operator (Black) said people have the right to play their music. 911 even hang up on us before. I have come to believe that Clayton County wants to drive all white people that are left, out of the county. I'm happy leave soon.
We are reasonable friendly people and I have never seen anything like the downfall of Clayton county. My husband had started a small business 13 years ago had 4 employees at one time now he dissolved his corporation and just works alone now, until we can get the hell out of here. He had customers threatened him, take him to court over nothing and the black court system sides with the food stamp crowd every time.
We're trying to pay off our house this year and then leave. I'm ready to live in a trailer as long as it it away from here in the mountains of Georgia maybe or we move to Texas where some of my husband family lives.
It's not just a black thing. In my neighborhood there are blacks, whites and Asians. Unfortunately I have had to call code enforcement on the Asian family for having crap and trash on their front lawn and called on white guy for parking his commercial vehicle on the street. Thankfully code enforcement responded to both calls and corrected the problem.
John in North GA

Canton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

This is what happened to Rockdale County as well. I lived in Rockdale from 1984-2003. After 2000, it started getting darker and darker. Especially when Stonrecrest was built. Now, it's like Deklb County. So sad.
Sad former resident

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Left Clayton /Stockbridge in 2003. Had a business stop in Atlanta few months back. Thought I drive around the places I played. It was getting bad in 2003, but now it's a different country. Have no problems with any race, have black, white, Asian, etc friends. Made me sick to my stomach, I hope it gets better.
The Truth Is

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Woman in Clayton wrote:
Bill and others who have left. I live in Clayton County and thank you for leaving. Whether you are White or Black please stop stepping on Clayton County. We have many strong, viable middle class Black communities. Our crime is down and that is because we the citizens, are working to make it safe for everyone. So go ahead and enjoy your lives where you are now and let us be.
I am certainly enjoying my life elsewhere.(I reply assuming you are still alive.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clayton County Discussions

Search the Clayton County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tara Blvd Becoming Atlanta's Stewart Avenue. (Feb '09) Jun 25 Its Obvious 18
Grand Jury Investigates Clayton School Board (Apr '08) Feb '14 Nostalgic Moment 25
Jonesboro rape-robbery suspect taken into custody (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 3
Official PIO Position Created (Dec '13) Dec '13 DoubleAction 1
Clayton County Deputies in Middle Georgia (Dec '13) Dec '13 Middle Georgia 1
any advice (Nov '13) Nov '13 relocating 1
wanting to rent (Nov '13) Nov '13 house hunter 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••